[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has Chef Boyardee changed much since back in the day? Back then,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: chefad.jpg (1MB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
chefad.jpg
1MB, 1536x2048px
Has Chef Boyardee changed much since back in the day? Back then, Chef Boyardee was the most authentic Italian meal most American people would have ever gotten to eat
>>
>>9153228
>Back then, Chef Boyardee was the most authentic Italian meal most American people would have ever gotten to eat
maybe in the flyover states
>>
Cultured American here.

I went to italy a few years ago and ate at many places but the whole time I was just thinking how this doesn't even compare to my chief in a can. So to put it blunt its the best Italian food you can get, even in italy,
>>
>>9153295
this. i had a fabulous tagliatelle et wild boar with some red wine. got home, fixed a can of chef beefaroni and had satori; the romance of a restaurant in Italy is the selling point, not the food. the environment made a huge impression, but a midnight can of beef in the half-lit airbnb blew it out the water. incredible flavour
>>
>>9153295
>>9153333
ConAgra shills in full force today
>>
>>9153295
Jesus Christ alright I'll buy some of your shitty food
>>
Chef boyardee is pretty much the only Italian food wroth buying desu
>>
>>9153228
why do you fucking assholes keep posting this thread
>>
File: zombie.jpg (35KB, 312x383px) Image search: [Google]
zombie.jpg
35KB, 312x383px
>>9153228
the guy in this ad always cracks me up
he looks like a zombie fixated on the ravioli NNNNYYYERRRRGGHHHHHHH
>>
>>9153274
Actually, many "flyover" states had well established ethnic enclaves that would have excellent examples of food from the old country. Example: German food in Texas. Italian food in Pittsburgh, PA.

What you might not have is much quality variety in those concentrated areas (in that you're not getting good Jewish food in the Italian neighborhood), but what they did, they did well.
>>
It's kind of amazing how shitty advertising has always been.

Just straight up fucking lies, right to your face, and then daring you to say shit about it.

I do like canned ravioli as an occasional "fuck it I'm eating like a child today" food, but surely no one in the 50s thought this was even remotely Italian, or even Italian-American.
>>
>>9153982
This. In fact, if you know where to look, you can get authentic Polish, Slovak, Ukrainian, Italian and German food in Parma, Ohio, where Chef Boyardee lived.
>>
File: 71jWnhZoN0L._SL1454_.jpg (181KB, 1122x1454px) Image search: [Google]
71jWnhZoN0L._SL1454_.jpg
181KB, 1122x1454px
Speaking of things that changed.
Lays use to have a deep flavor with every chip. Now 10 chips in and every chip just tastes like oil.
>>
>>9154430
The kind of dumb coastie hipsters who would use a word like "flyover" unironically would consider Polish, Slovak, Ukrainian, German, etc food as "flyover" because it's non hip "white people food"

They don't care about anything other than local pizza places(which everywhere has), Mexican food (which, you can find in Midwestern areas) and like fucking Kebab boxes (Michigan has the highest Arab American population in the country and thus tons of actual restaurants, not just crappy street food stands, a "flyover" state)
>>
>>9154405
Deal with it nigger
>>
>>9153228

What a great time to be an adult that must have been. Just trust the adverts and be happy. No faggot channers to explain to you how wrong you are. Le wrong generation indeed
>>
>>9153228
I was thinking maybe it wasn't loaded with sugar the way it is today, but who knows. I can't imagine it was very good either way.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.