[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the best way to smoke a rack of ribs in a charcoal

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: img_0456.jpg?w=590.jpg (202KB, 590x443px) Image search: [Google]
img_0456.jpg?w=590.jpg
202KB, 590x443px
What's the best way to smoke a rack of ribs in a charcoal kettle grill?
>>
Idk
>>
don't use charcoal for smoking, buy some wood chips. If you're set on charcoal, you may want to roast the ribs in the oven for a few hours, then finish them on the grill. They won't be smoked, but they'll still be good
>>
>>9151837
Would using both work? Like primarily wood chips, but a little lump charcoal at the bottom to keep it burning longer.
>>
>>9151842
It's better to keep adding wood chips.
>>
>>9151837
I plan on using primarily charcoal with lots of wood chips and chunks thrown in.
>>
>>9151758
Put on

Flip

Repeat

Profit
>>
>>9151758
probably a j. less harsh and healthier than a blunt and personally i dont like having to clean out my bong all the time. dunno why you would smoke ribs though
>>
File: Stoners_935b61_5561384.jpg (14KB, 487x153px) Image search: [Google]
Stoners_935b61_5561384.jpg
14KB, 487x153px
>>9152569
>>
File: 0161216_023639.jpg (424KB, 1104x828px) Image search: [Google]
0161216_023639.jpg
424KB, 1104x828px
>>9151837
Don't listen to this. The charcoal is what provides the continuous low heat required to create BBQ.

OP make a "snake" around the edge of the inside of the kettle, putting wood chunks every few inches. This will create enough smoke to not over power the meat and rub. You'll place your kid with the top vent over the meat after you start the coals with already ashed over coals. They will burn around lighting the wood chunks and smoking. You'll want to rotate the grate so that the meat is opposite the fire and around half way through the cook rotate the meat so that both sides face the heat source.
If you use only wood chips or chunks in a kettle environment it will produce too much thick smoke that will give the meat a bitter flavor.
Image fagmiliar
>>
>>9154035
Kid=lid. While children might be great on the grill they will get tough and they are easy to over season if you don't know what you're doing.
>>
>>9151758
Get a rack and get the meat as far away from the coals as you can. Get a metal cake pan and soak wood chips in water, add onions and apples ect, whatever you want for flavor. Put that shit above the the coals, but not directly in them, you want want it blacken and smoke, not burn.

Regular charcoal will work, but I throw a hardwood log on it when it gets going. If you can find like cherry/apple/mosqite anything will work, just pick a recipe for your dry rub ect that matches.

Get your coals going with the log, then take the coals apart so they are spread out. The log should be the main 'hit' heat source, let's the charcoal go out gradually so you get more smoke time. After the coals are all set up, place your wood chips pan above the coals, they should be wet, but not in water. My mom adds a beer in the chips for moisture.

Get meet in, and closer her up! Start with very little air and open the vents as things cool down, aim for 200-250 degrees, 2 hours should do it. The lower the temp, the longer you can go.

Totally doable, but just a bit harder because the heat is so close. Good wire racks will save your butt.

>You do know that you dry rub with out sauce when you smoke ribs right?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.