[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Buffet manager stopped me taking food I went to Texas De

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4

>Buffet manager stopped me taking food

I went to Texas De Brazil, which is one of those Brazilian all you can eat meat places, like Fogo De Chou.

My dad threw a bitch fit about me bringing a small container to bring home some left overs I knew I was going to have. They always give you tons of meat to the point you receive food faster than you can eat.

But besides the family drama of my dad not approving of taking buffet food home b/c its not allowed, how much are the higher end buffet willing to enforce their "no taking leftovers home" policy. They seem to have no problem if someone requested more meat than they can finish and they throw it out. But if they even try taking a single piece out they get policed by the manager.

The other restaurant employees didn't really seem to care. The first round of left overs I passed by many restaurant employees and they looked the other way, I just didn't pass by the manager in the suit. But once I tried the 2nd time, and my dad ratted me out making it obvious, the manager demanded I don't bring the food home. He was very stern about the rules, like if I took it home with me, he said I could never come back. I personally don't think the manager cares if I got away with it, I think he just has to enforce rules for company policy.

But if they know the food is going to be thrown out and a person only had a reasonable amount of leftovers, why not give them the joy to take it home? Why would they want to deny someone left overs? It's like if they can't get money for it, they rather throw it out. It's a $50 a person buffet place, so I assume the manager is thinking like if I took the left overs home, he may lose out on another $50 b/c I wouldn't feel like coming back to dine there.
>>
Most buffets recycle the food.
>>
>>9150120
Don't be a nigger, you dumb fuck.
>>
>>9150120
>why not give them the joy to take it home
because that encourages people to order more than they can eat in order to take it home, and people will naturally abuse this and take home shitloads of food. it only takes a few people doing this to seriously hurt the restaurant's bottom line
use your head anon
>>
>>9150120
Is this satyre? Even after all these years I'm never 100% sure with you guys.
>>
File: admiraljohn.jpg (101KB, 600x697px) Image search: [Google]
admiraljohn.jpg
101KB, 600x697px
>Texas De Brazil

how is that place though i've never been but I want to go

also yeah i'm p sure this is A+ level shitposting
>>
They're running a business, anon. Come the fuck on
>>
>>9150120
haha holy fuck

OP is definitely the guy screaming "THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT" when he argues with restaurant staff
>>
>>9150120
You aren't allowed to take home to go boxes without paying for them. Those are the rules.
>>
>>9150253
It's good if you like your meat caked in salt
>>
Besides being fucking autistic as hell, it's also unsanitary. Food doesn't last long enough to warrant taking it home. Especially food left out in the open under a heating lamp. Just give it up you cheap ass.
>>
>go to Golden Corral
>have a few drinks in the parking lot
>go for the wings and rib
>get numerous plates, eat them
>know ill be hungry later
>bring zip lock bags with me
>start filling them up, manager comes over "says its not allowed"
>get into heated argument
>cops called they say I cant take the food
>tell me to pay and leave
>>
My local hometown had carry out boxes. Those big styrofoam ones with separators?
>>
>>9150588
Every time I've gone to Golden Corral they allowed me to take home food and they even had boxes for it
>>
Hey bud how about next time you ask before you do something unusual and if you don't accept their terms and conditions then take your money elsewhere.
>>
Why even eat at a buffet? The food is extremely disgusting, I'd rather eat dog shit than eat at a buffet.
>>
You're autistic for not understanding why it's frowned upon, but your pops is just a piece of shit for ratting out his own son on some nonsense
>>
Why not just smuggle the food out in your fat folds
>>
>Americans
>>
>>9150588
Why not just get takeout
>>
>>9150120
I just hope you took this out on the employees by leaving no tip
>>
>>9150890
/ck/ has fat asses. It's a buffet. That's the reason why I don't go to them. I won't pay $12 when I eat about $10 worth of food on average. They go because they pay $12 and eat $30 worth of food. Not to mention its a slop troth.
>>
they don't throw it out they keep it for the next customers a few hours later :^)
>>
>>9150120
Because if you are allowed to take more food than you can eat then some of that food ends up in the trash
If you are allowed to take the food home however then people would order 4 times as much food to take home
It's not a matter of it ends up in the trash anyways it's a matter of not losing ten times more food
Think about someone who goes there and keeps ordering as much food as he can and doesn't eat it, what an asshole right? That's the effect people who take food home have on the restaurant
>>
>>9150159
I think buffettes should be smart enough to realize there is a business opportunity here
People want to go there eat as much as they can but then people realize that they get full and there is still food around
Wich encourages them to ear until they get sick and so they end up having a bad experience, they blame it on the freshness of the food and other shit instead and don't want to come back
So instead of having people do that or try to steal food just offer them all you can eat and one box you can fill and take home
Make the box small but encourage them to fill it as much as they can too because that will make them feel smart, honey look at how much food I could squeeze in the little box while those Jews had to watch and take it
>>
File: 1263147582974.jpg (33KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
1263147582974.jpg
33KB, 500x400px
>actually wanting to take buffet food home to eat later
>>
>>9150908
I'll eat in a buffet once or twice a year. The food is mediocre, but for $15 or so, I'll fix myself a small chef salad, a cup of soup, then have some fried chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy, green beans, some dinner rolls, and a drink.
>>
>>9151009
That's actually very astute thinking, anon. Many people LOVE to think they are pulling one over on businesses.
>>
>>9150588
>Cops in America literally will stop you from taking home goods which you've rightfully purchased, by force.

LAND OF THE FREE (Corporations). HOME OF THE BRAVE (Idiots). OH SAY CAAANN YOUUUU SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>9151009
Shut the fuck up man you're fucking autistic
>>
>>9151067
I've only seen Chinese buffets do this because they know you're going to get hungry again in an hour and it's an easy way to charge $6 a pound to fatties who want some pot stickers later.
>>
File: 1499086766606.png (573KB, 621x672px) Image search: [Google]
1499086766606.png
573KB, 621x672px
Love Texas de Brazil but that shit is expensive af

Just get better at smuggling food anon, get a purse or something with a ziploc bag in it and smuggle some lamb chops out like a true amerifag
>>
>>9151195
>americucks aren't allowed to take home food they pay for
>they try to get around it by taking a purse with them

JAJAJAAJAJAJAAJ
>>
>>9150144
this

/thread
>>
>>9150120
I think the other anons answered your questions about why it isn't allowed. But I would like to add that your dad is kind of a bitch for ratting you out. Blindly following the rules all the time is for betas, and most likely while he slaves away as a wagecuck making small talk about sportsball your mom gets plowed by Chad, Sr. back at the house
>>
Hay que ser un mamabicho
>>
>>9151230
> SNIIIIIIIITCH
The last resort of a criminal; blame others for trying to enforce the law.
>>
>>9150120
This is my new favorite pasta.
>>
>>9151099
Cry more.
>>
golden corral charges 6.99/lb for takeout
>>
>>9151032
Oh, it's such a perfect day
I'm glad I spent it with you
Oh, such a perfect day
You just keep me hanging on
You just keep me hanging on
>>
>>9151337
>taking food from a buffet is a criminal offense
Top goy
>>
>>9150120
Callum?
>>
>>9151878
>agree to implicit contract imposed by your eating at the restaurant
>mad when that contract means you're not allowed to do certain things
You're not any kind of goy, you're just a retard.
>>
>>9151009
There is a few places that do this.
>>
>>9150120
Jesus christ, nigger autism!!
>>
>>9150588

Whyyyy the fuuuuck dont you just order takeout you gigantic faggot.
>>
>be in Marseille
>got to place that charges per plate
>fill it with a mountain of endives
>>
>>9151619
Can you get a pound of fountain aged chocolate?
>>
>>9150120
Nigger
>>
>>9151195
Lol food smuggling
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.