[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have 750grams of left over mince meat all to myself. What do

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: 1339856357-71372500.jpg (62KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1339856357-71372500.jpg
62KB, 600x600px
I have 750grams of left over mince meat all to myself. What do i do> I just de-frosted it so i can't freeze it again. Right?
>>
>>9145684
Freeze it again. Post results.
>>
If you thawed it normally you can freeze it again Im fairly certain.
>>
Make a bunch of pasta sauce then freeze that in portions
>>
>>9145697
I didn't
>>
>>9145684
meat pie will take out 500g

make the rest into taco meat by simmering it in water for a while and adding cumin, onion powder, garlic powder, oregano, paprika, and red chili pepper

or you could make it into meatballs and refreeze it, honestly if it thawed in the fridge then there should be no problem refreezing it. it might alter the texture of a solid piece of meat but this shit is ground, physically it will be no different coming out of a second defrost
>>
Cottage pie
>>
>>9145684
>>9145697
You can totally refreeze it. Depending on how you thawed it and how quickly it froze each time it was frozen will affect the texture but the meat will be completely safe to eat.

>>9145766
I agree with this anon. Make cottage pie.
>>
Kotleti and gravy served w/ sour cream and potatoes.
>>
>>9145684
make fake bolognese, always good to have some of that in the freezer.
>>
>>9145742
>simmering it in water
yeah do this. you definitely don't want any to burn it or get any caramelization or anything.

enjoy your boiled mince
>>
>>9145716
That's what I'd probably do.
>>
>>9145742
>>make the rest into taco meat by simmering it in water for a while and adding cumin, onion powder, garlic powder,
Why would you ever do that rather than using real onions and garlic and browning all of it in a large pan?
>>
>>9145684
>has mincemeat
>posts pic of minced meat
Wtf
>>
>>9145684
Make keema
>>
>>9146629
look up "taco meat". If you see anything that even resembles caramelization let me know. Simmering with water helps break down the collagen in the meat (however much there may be in ground beef) and ultimately results in a softer taco meat. Also it's on the suggested cooking directions of every taco seasoning packet I've seen
>>9146635
because lazy. The seasonings I mentioned are a direct replacement for a taco seasoning packet from the store
>>
>>9147638
You're supposed to brown it first which is what every recipe under the search, "taco meat" says. Brown =/= grey, brown = caramelization. Sounds like you're eating crow tonight instead of tacos, numbnutz.
>>
>>9147638
if the back of a taco seasoning packet told you to jump off a cliff, would you do it?
>>
>>9145742
Taco Meat Seasoning
>12 part Chili Powder
>6 part Cumin
>4 part Pepper
>4 part Salt
>2 part Paprika
>2 part Onion Powder
>2 part Garlic Powder
>1 part Red Pepper Flakes
>1 part Oregano

it's like the packets, but a lot more balanced. cut chili powder to 6 part if you don't like spicy, gringo.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.