[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm trying to do a prep for pretzel wieners for a party

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 4756227126_95c672d210.jpg (124KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
4756227126_95c672d210.jpg
124KB, 500x334px
I'm trying to do a prep for pretzel wieners for a party using a boil then bake method with fresh dough. If I am going to refrigerate them, should I do it before or after boiling them?
>>
>>9144265
Make some jalapeno pretzel dogs. Those are dank.
>>
>>9144279
Actually that was my intention.
>>
>>9144356
Then you make awesome party dishes. Rock on.
>>
>>9144368
Still need to know the proper way to prep these so I'm doing the most minimal work come serving time
>>
>>9144265
If they're pre-cooked it shouldn't matter, if not par boil them for about 90 seconds, then roll and refrigerate before baking off.
>>
>>9144265
Since the weiners are most likely precooked, just dry them well and wrap the fresh dough around them. Less chance of drying out. Even not precooked, the time for baking the dough would finish cooking the meat.
>>
>>9144396
So no need to boil at all? I haven't done much pretzel making so I wasn't sure if it was part of the process
>>
>>9144432
Yeah, I didn't think of that. If the pretzel dough recipe calls for boiling the dough first, I would still wrap the sausage before boiling. I'm sure you get a rise from the boiling and it could deflate when you tried to wrap it.
>>
>>9144472
The recipes I saw called for wrapping then boiling so I wasn't sure if it was just a method of starting the meat or part of what gave the dough it's final texture.
>>
>>9144491
Pretzels and bagels are boiled to create the chewy crust.
>>
Just wrap how you want it, around the sausage then secure it with a tooth pick or something and toss in the boiling baking soda mixture and pull them out, let them drain some while oven heats up. They will be a little slimy at this point if you've never made pretzels. Put them on the paper/tray and bake after that.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.