[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Making spaghetti with garlic and chili pepper but the grocery

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 636019018.jpg (21KB, 750x531px) Image search: [Google]
636019018.jpg
21KB, 750x531px
Making spaghetti with garlic and chili pepper but the grocery store didn't have any peppers. Can I substitute them for pepper flakes? If I can, do I need to cook them with the garlic or just throw them on later?
>>
>>9143535
Yes. Like anything you should be seasoning and tasting. Add as you taste.
>>
>>9143535
They do need to be heated in the oil to extract the flavour.
>>
>>9143550

This.

Are you going to infuse the oil and toss the garlic, like a pussy, or are you going to chop it up, leave it in, and serve it over the pasta like a man?
>>
>>9143535
What shithole do you live in that there's no peppers at the store
>>
>>9143576
What's wrong with frying it then tossing the pasta in the oil?

>>9143588
The closest grocery store to me in Chinatown Florence didn't have any
>>
You can use chili flakes, if you have any bell peppers, finely dice those and throw them in too for that fresh pepper flavour. Heat it all on a really low heat for like 15 minutes. Don't let the garlic go brown.
>>
>>9143603
>What's wrong with frying it then tossing the pasta in the oil?

Nothing.

I just think it's a waste being afraid of a little garlic and tossing the clove instead of just eating it....

Do what you want, bro, it's your chow.
>>
>>9143679
Oh THAT'S what you meant

Hell yeah I'm gonna eat the cloves, I read that as "frying the garlic and adding it later to the pasta or frying the garlic and tossing the pasta while its still in the oil"
>>
>>9143695
>Hell yeah I'm gonna eat the cloves

Good. Good.

I just did that meal the other night with 3 cloves of chopped garlic, 1 chopped Habanero pepper, and diced tomato added at the very end with the pasta.

Are you making your own pasta, or using store bought dried?
>>
>>9143719
Storebought, my first time making it actually. Recipe called for 6 cloves though so its probably gonna be REAL garlicy. Think I fried the garlic a bit too long but I blame the poor lighting in my apartment's kitchen for me not being able to see the color very well. Should still turn out ok though
>>
>>9143729
>Recipe called for 6 cloves though so its probably gonna be REAL garlicy.

Nah....it'll be fine.

For this kind of sauce it's easier to add the garlic to the cold sauce and heat them both together on a low heat while you prep everything else. Gives the oil more time to get infused, and makes it easier to monitor the garlic as you can pull it off the heat when it starts to brown if you want.

Enjoy.
>>
>>9143752
Eating it right now

I put a healthy heap of pepper in there so its got quite the spice to it but I'm happy. I think it could use some kind of meat so I think I'll fry something like sausage or shrimp or bacon with the garlic and peppers next time I make it
>>
>>9143767
Bacon's good...hell, all that shit sounds good.
>>
>>9143535
>>9143543
>>9143550
>>9143576

Did /ck/ go 2.5 replies in an Italian ingredient-swap thread without soiling itself? Lord have mercy.

But, yes, dried will work. Fresh is encouraged, but I usually prefer dried thai chillies for aglio. olio, e peperoncino. A little green (basil, oregano, and/or parsley) goes a long way in simple recipes like this... but we all know that Nonna never ate anything green.
>>
>>9144331
That's because it's a substitution thread not an Italian thread.

In many ways this can be better using a dry ingredient. Putting in a whole pepper can add to much kick if you're not careful. I recently made a soup and ruined it. I can still eat it but I made plenty and my kid won't touch it. Some peppers scoville can change pretty drastically one pepper to another.
>>
>>9144331
>but we all know that Nonna never ate anything green.

Straight from Nonna....
>>
>>9144350
Don't blame the pepper for the weak genes you imposed upon your demon-spawn, bro.
>>
>>9144430
Right?

My grandmother died a vegetarian... as in lack of meat took about six months to give her stage four cancer.

Old bitch couldn't even get her own recipes right, so nothing was ever like Nonna made it.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.