[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm out of sugar. How much honey do I need to put in a half

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

I'm out of sugar. How much honey do I need to put in a half gallon of black tea to sweeten it? I usually use a cup of sugar for a gallon of tea.
>>
>>9141008
You could try Googling it.
>>
>>9141008
A cup of sugar? Holy shit.
>>
twice as much
>>
>>9141028
Fairly standard amount for sweet tea. Some would call it conservative.
>>
>>9141008
It's going to be less than a cup, since honey is sweeter than sugar.
>>
>>9141028
It's a lot of sugar (depending on how much of it you drink every day, and how much sugar you consume elsewhere) but it's better than soda, soda has about double that.
>>
>>9141022
But id rather have a conversation about it
>>
>>9141028
>implying 4.8% sugar by weight is a lot
Nah. That's about 1tbsp of sugar per glass. That ain't nuffin. Cola is 11%, by contrast.
And sweet tea is also around 10-11%. I put 1 cup of sugar per gallon of tea, too, and my Amerifriends complain that it's not nearly sweet enough, oddly.

>>9141008
Try a half cup at first then add more if/as necessary.
>>
>>9141031
Nigga, y'ain't never been down south. You'd put 2.5 cups of sugar in 3 quarts of tea. Not even a gallon. That shit is liquid diabetes.
>>
>>9141008
I usually add a little more than a cup if going straight honey, but I also usually use lemon when I'm bulk brewing for iced tea. It depends on the tea and brewing method, though. If you brew a tea that is generally higher in acid or bitter compounds, or if you brew a lot of tea per water or brew it for a long time, you might want more sweetener than if not. Though a cup per gallon is probably close in most cases, I agree with >>9141078 Start with a small amount, taste. Need more? Add more.
>>
>>9141091
It's gotten worse by acceptance. My mom made sweet tea sun tea all the time, and used nowhere near the amount you're talking about.
>>
>>9141008
You shouldn't sweeten tea.
>>
>>9141078
>Nah. That's about 1tbsp of sugar per glass. That ain't nuffin. Cola is 11%, by contrast.

Just because something else uses more sugar, doesn't mean that 4.8% sugar still isn't a lot.

1 fucking tablespoon of sugar per glass, are you fucking kidding me? That's like 12 grams of sugar, that's almost double the amount of sugar you should have in a day.

That's fucking absurd.
>>
>>9141121
Welcome back to the medieval days when all fruit and many vegetables are eschewed as they are associated with the devil. Only difference today being spergs call it the sugar jew.
>>
>>9141142
I should be more specific, I mean added sugar.
>>
>>9141107
Well where're ya from? Maybe it's regional. People I know in NC and northern GA both sweeten it to shit. Of course, they add a spritz of lemon when serving it, but that doesn't do anything for getting rid of the added sugar in the first place.

Here's how they do it: brew 36 dollar store tea bags in 1 quart of water and add 2.5 cups of sugar.
Let it cool, then add 2 quarts of room temperature water.
Now, either add 1 cup of lemon juice to it directly or serve it with lemon wedges.

As said in >>9141078, I like it with 1 cup per gallon, with or without a little lemon.
>>
>>9141154
OK, but even still, 6 grams of added sugar a day is tight. I mean, good on you if you manage that, but I doubt most people could if they tried and a detrimental amount is really dependent on overall diet and metabolic rates.
>>
>>9141121
>That's like 12 grams of sugar, that's almost double the amount of sugar you should have in a day.
Source? I thought it was 25-40 grams for the average person depending on gender and size.
>>
>>9141162
GA
I don't know, maybe we just liked it less sweet than most people.
>>
>>9141192

its fucking zero, retard.
>>
>>9141211
nah
>>
>>9141121
>11g is almost double 25g
Are you from that county in Mississippi infamous because they stopped teaching fractions, saying they were too hard to understand?

The current RDA on sugar is 25g. Up to 2014, it was higher but that was the year WHO decided to propose the 25g limit on /added/ sugars, as in sweeteners like honey and table sugar, but not those found naturally in fruits, veg, dairy etc.

Remember the news? The proposed new nutrition labels indicating the carbs split into starch and sugar and the sugar itself further split into naturally occuring and added? That.
Also, no one is suggesting to drink iced tea everyday. I'm certainly not. It's fine to make a gallon for a gettogether or barbecue but in no way should anyone be drinking iced tea morning, noon and night nor every day.

>>9141192
He has no source cuz he pulled that number out his ass.

>>9141200
Could be. Or I'm just used to people doing it one way and you another. I can't stand sweet tea and I'm surrounded by it all summer, every summer.
>>
>>9141232
Yeah, I like sweet tea on about the sweetness my mom used to do it, but most of the store bought stuff is way too sweet for me. Same thing with lemonade. I love it when I make it, but almost all the stuff from the store is like drinking a piece of hard candy. If I do buy it from the store I usually dilute it, but then it just tastes like watered down overly sweet stuff.
>>
>>9141232
>no way should anyone be drinking iced tea morning, noon and night nor every day.
W-why not, anon?
>>
File: This Is You.gif (18KB, 173x464px) Image search: [Google]
This Is You.gif
18KB, 173x464px
>>9141028
>>
File: moggy.jpg (71KB, 634x500px) Image search: [Google]
moggy.jpg
71KB, 634x500px
fucking claps
>>
>>9141074
Why dont you just do it to taste
>>
>>9141112
Eat a dick, bongistan
>>
>>9141008

Sugar is poison.
Sugar makes you stupid.
>>
File: 1498863336821.gif (315KB, 234x159px) Image search: [Google]
1498863336821.gif
315KB, 234x159px
>putting sugar in tea
Fucking peasant mong
>>
>>9143232
>being stupid enough to believe this
>>
>>9141008
So I'm curious to try some real honey, anyway to use it well beyond a sweetener?
>>
>>9141162
Not him, but I'm from NC. My family always did about 1.5 to 2 cups of sugar per gallon of tea, and we never put lemon juice in it.
>>
>tea
>with sugar

Die
>>
>>9141112
>>9143229
Yankee here, hees right, you fatasses eat like children. Is there any part of your precious southern cuisine that isnt sweetened to sickening levels, deep fried, or covered in cheese and butter?
>>
>>9141008
>How much honey do I need to put in a half gallon of black tea to sweeten it?
I use a tablespoon of honey when I'm drinking a large cup of roughly ~650ml. I add slice of lemon to that though, without it it would be definitely too sweet.

Do the math yourself buddy.
>>
Honey is 80% sugar.
>>
>>9143477
By calories, it's pretty close to 100% sugar. A ripe banana is 80%.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.