[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bought some meal prep containers. What are some ideas for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

File: meal prep containers.jpg (58KB, 625x625px) Image search: [Google]
meal prep containers.jpg
58KB, 625x625px
Bought some meal prep containers. What are some ideas for lunch to prep.
>>
File: 1499439748152.jpg (167KB, 1048x779px) Image search: [Google]
1499439748152.jpg
167KB, 1048x779px
>>
>>9140798
I always enjoyed left over crock pot meals for lunch at work. As for making full meals, the quality falls off sharply after a day or two. If you freeze, you loose flavor and texture. I wish I was better at it, I can make a good meal but I cant preserve it very well. I will watch this thread with interest.
>>
>>9140824

That actually looks surprisingly enticing. How well does it hold over the week?

>>9140830
That is the problem I face currently. I'll probably rub a lot of /ck/'s autism by admitting that I've initially been using shredded rotissery chicken from the grocery store and rice but I'm trying to branch out.
>>
>>9140824
What is the black thing top right, yellow thing mid bottom, green thing top left?
>>
>>9140798
Chilly or stews in general if the containers don't leak. Avoid breaded meat
>>
As a lifter, I try to make high-protein meals with good carbs & fiber and veggies. I take about 12 chicken breasts and oven bake them and the brown them on the wok (ginger, garlic), stovetop cook 2 cups of brown rice, add in canned black beans, canned corn, green bellpeppers, and diced tomatoes & onions. Mix all that together and bake it in the oven for about 20 minutes.

Split it up 6 ways for the week, and wala!
>>
>>9140866
Probably around 800 calories and 70+ grams of protein per meal
>>
>>9140847
black thing is wood ear fungus, yellow thing is probably some kind of squash/melon, green thing is preserved mustard greens
>>
>>9140866
>>9140874

Nice. This sounds good as I'm trying to lose weight by packing lunches (and going to the gym more...) That said, do you mix it up or keep your lunches fairly static?
>>
>>9140887
I've kept it pretty static but you can play around with the general form of the meal. So if you wanna substitute chicken breast with something else with high protein, beef chuck, shrimp, certain fish could work instead. You could use different carbs, perhaps whole grain pasta or something equally as healthy, or different types of beans. You would have to change up how it's cooked of course and change veggies & spices to your fitting but it's a good formula and it lasts in the fridge for over a week so it's pretty dependable. I didn't mention this before but I usually bake it all in a cast iron pan in the end but you could use a 9 x 13 dish also
>>
>>9140922
Oh and I usually eat this for dinner, not lunch since it's a lot of food but it's up to you
>>
>>9140798
>cooking food to eat 7 days later

Nasty as fuck I'd rather make a quick lunch atleast it's fresh even if pressed for time it only takes a few minutes or shit I'd rather be fat and buy fast food on lunch than some old crap. Oldest good is eat is maybe leftovers from the previous day after that into the trash it goes
>>
>>9140824
Japan?
>>
>>9140973
You freeze them dipshit
>>
>>9140995
Still disgusting it's still old and that's still gross "dipshit" stop being lazy and cook fresh daily
>>
File: 1496038770178.jpg (438KB, 1077x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1496038770178.jpg
438KB, 1077x1600px
>tfw single person with a costco membership
>>
File: the-no-thanks-guy.jpg (50KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
the-no-thanks-guy.jpg
50KB, 300x300px
>putting plastic in the microwave
>>
>>9141119
>thinking all plastics are the same
>>
>>9141111
I know that feeling man. I do have a gf but she eats like a mouse and ends up just nibbling off one of their rotisserie chickens for a week.
>>
I'm thinking about making most of my food 4 days in advanced

does anyone think that if I prep a salad with some sauteed veggies that it'd last for 4 days in a closed glass container?
>>
>>9141246

I suppose a lot of it depends on what you put in it and how well it holds but I should think max 2 days is good for salads, but that's just an opinion with no facts to back it up.
>>
>>9141119
babby scarred of a little bpa?
>>
>>9141246
lots of bagged salad lasts longer than 4 days. store the sauteed vegetables in a separate container though.
>>
>>9141298
>>9141208

the stuff used as a replacement for bpa is even worse than bpa.

my kitchen is all pyrex all the time
>>
>>9141299
so I should bag my salad, store the veggies in the container, & toss them together when it's time to eat?
>>
>>9141303
>the stuff used as a replacement for bpa is even worse than bpa.

I figured this

>my kitchen is all pyrex all the time

my nigga
>>
>>9141305
yeah
>>
Glad someone made this thread.

Last week I made 10 meals (5 days for 2 people). I made grilled lemon rosemary chicken with home fries and roasted Brussel sprouts.

It was the first time we tried it. If anyone has ideas for meals that fit a basic *Protein, Carb, and Veggie* format I'd really appreciate it.
>>
>>9140880
Is it really a good idea to store fungi/mushrooms for food storage. They go bad on their own so quick without cooking, I cant imagine how they'd taste if I had it in my fridge for more than 3 days
>>
I usually do a ploughman's lunch. I hate reheating food. Most of all in an office microwave.
>>
Greens (stewed spinach/kale, carrots, broccoli, peas, or something else) on one side, rice (or some other kind of carbohydrate ration) on the other, a mixture of meat (your choice - chicken, turkey, fish, etc.) and legumes (chickpeas, beans, lentils, or something like that) in the middle.
>>
>>9140926
You are, after all, the Huston Street of how much you eat.
>>
>>9141768
are there any alternatives to using plastic containers that are practical and affordable
>>
>>9141020
You sound like a who orders a lot a pizza.
>>
>>9141321
Chicken thighs with baked sweet potato and watercress salad. I also like Gordon Ramsay's baked beans with potato cakes and steamed broccoli.
>>
>>9141993
this thread posted this
>>9141312
>>9141303

I googled Pyrex, they seem to be effective glass containers with BPA free plastic tops. I'm thinking of getting these for my parents. They love microwaving everything with their shitty plastic containers.
>>
>>9140824
that looks good af. maybe needs some acidity
>>
>>9142069
>Gordon Ramsay's baked beans with potato cakes and steamed broccoli.

Do you prep that for breakfast?
>>
>>9141303
>citation needed
>>
>>9142251
No. I eat it for lunch.
>>
>>9140887
>do you mix it up or keep your lunches fairly static?
/fit/ unironically do not change 90% of their meals because it just werks and they're all just protein/fats/carbs anyway
>>
>>9142873
learn to google faggot

http://newsroom.ucla.edu/releases/chemical-used-to-replace-bpa-in-plastic-accelerates-embryonic-development-disrupts-reproductive-system
>>
>>9144367
>linked to

Common weasel-word in these kind of publications, do you have a link to the actual study or not?
>>
>>9144367
Also, even if this is true (which isn't demonstrated in this study as it's about zebrafish), it doesn't mean that it is worse than BPA.
>>
>>9141993
u could use a few glass containers with watertight plastic covers, and store en mass, refill as u go throughout the week in larger plastic containers

>>9144699
unless our reproductive DNA, organs, or tissues resembles the zebrafish's, then it might be relevant somewhat, but it does demonstrate the capability of BPA replacements to cause harm, especially to DNA, and people like their reproductive DNA
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.