[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT Actual American citizens dispel myths about our food propagated

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 139
Thread images: 21

File: Hamburger-School.jpg (39KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Hamburger-School.jpg
39KB, 480x360px
ITT Actual American citizens dispel myths about our food propagated by jealous Europeans.
>le watery American beer meme
It's not our fault that you ignored all of our delicious craft beer and bought fucking Bud Light.
>le sugary processed American bread meme
Once again, you bought the wrong bread. Go to the bakery (most supermarkets have one) and get a freshly baked loaf. Whole OR pre-sliced. I know for sure that one local market's bread uses only flour, water, yeast, and salt.
>muh plastic cheese meme
We make real cheese, too. We also have all the fancy European cheeses because we import shit. Who'd've thunk it?
>what about tipping? Won't you get anthrax in your food if you don't tip at least 50%?
I don't like tipping, but it's really no biggie. If I get good service, I leave a couple of bucks as a courtesy. Waiters work hard, they deserve it.

Those are the most popular ones. I encourage you to educate the Eurofriends about what it's really like to live in our great nation, my fellow Americans.
>>
So why are you all so fucking obese.
>>
>>9136506
Lot of poor people, lot of cheap fast food, and the culture around it
>>
>>9136497
>We also import European cheese
So it's not american, but European cheese
>If I
It's not about you, it's about the general American public
>>
So USA makes a heap of shit beer and food and then a small percentage of Americans realize it's bad and open up small shops to fill fill a niche market to satisfy the people that prefer the European way of life. Got it.
>>
>>9136506
It's the land of the free. You can do whatever you want, as long as it doesn't interfere with someone else's life, liberty, or pursuit of happiness.

You're free to overindulge on processed foods, or prepare nutritious meals and exercise regularly. As for all of us being obese, that's just a generalization. There's an obesity problem here, but it's not like you walk down the street (in a non-flyover state at least) and see nothing but 500 pound hamplanets.
>>
>>9136562
This. Our cheap food is really cheap AND really fattening. It also comes in large portion sizes because poor people like to feel like they're getting their money's worth. That plus the popularity of sweet drinks is a great combo for obesity.
>>
>>9136584
They don't have police stopping people from eating whatever they want in my country, either. Shitty reasoning.
>>
>>9136597
What country? I would imagine you have a great deal of pork patties there as well, whether you are forth coming about it or not.
>>
>>9136567
> "also"
Please read you pathetic waste of life. They teach American English ( best English) in your country right?
>>
>>9136614
Harsh, anon.
Have you had a Snickers bar today?
>>
Retarded thread but I do get peeved by the sugary bread assertion. Real bread has long outnumbered sugary white bread in the standard market, since the early 90s. At this point it's just a big dick contest over who's the multigraniest, or trying to imitate Italian breads.
>>
No one here has any real love for McDonald's, people mostly just eat it because it's what they know
>>
Iceland has a higher obesity rate than America

Europe BTFO
>>
>>9136497sage
>We make real cheese, too. We also have all the fancy European cheeses because we import shit

No you don't, raw milk is illegal.
>>
Friend of the family moved to the states (Florida I think it was) and tried to hire a babysitter, asked her if she knew how to cook and she replied that she knew how to microwave shit.
Is even microwaving shit so rare among Americans? Afraid to ask about cooking what with your fast food culture
>>
>>9136623
>Real bread has long outnumbered sugary white bread in the standard market, since the early 90s.
You're using the term "real bread" very loosely. Most bread sold in American supermarkets is mediocre at best. If you don't live near a good bakery finding bread that the Germans or the French would consider real bread is nearly impossible. Because most people making real bread on a commercial scale aren't selling it to supermarkets, they're selling it to upscale restaurants.

Even the upscale supermarket breads are full of all kinds of crap like sugar, mono- and diglycerides, calcium propionate and soy lecithin. Finding good bread made from nothing more than flour, yeast, water and salt is a challenge here.
>>
>>9136631
Apparently it's a federal/state thing and in the end it's legal almost everywhere.

>>9136497
Is tipping like OP acceptable in the US? That's how I tip in France, where waiters are not slaves.
>>
>>9136646
>Afraid to ask about cooking what with your fast food culture
Fast and convenience food is so cheap here than many Americans, especially poor ones do not do much if any actual cooking. Among those who do cook they tend to fall into two camps: those who buy ingredients and cook with them, and those who go for more of a semi-homemade direction, using various canned products and premade mixes for convenience's sake. A lot of folks are in that latter camp because there are a lot of harried parents who want to throw something together to feed in kids without more than a half hour spent doing do. Sadly. Our supermarkets are loaded with heat and eat shit.
>>
>>9136497
What compelled you to type out all this bait?
>>
>>9136630
No european country is higher than the 12th fattest nation, the US. Iceland isn't even in the top 29. Of course you won't even recognize the names of the top 11, and will probably cower in fright when you heard foreign sounding syllables of them. Keep worshiping what's bad about our country - it's the only way to improve!

http://www.worldatlas.com/articles/29-most-obese-countries-in-the-world.html
>>
>>9136651
Sprouts is the place I mentioned with 4 ingredient bread. There's two right by my house. Good selection of bread, beer, and cheese. I only mention these because they're the foods that Europeans mention a lot.
Anyway, hit up Sprouts if you live by one and want good, wholesome bread.
>>
>>9136678
>Fast and convenience food is so cheap here than many Americans
Fast and convenience food I thought is by definition cheap and accessible. I was just surprised that a person would ever think it necessary to mention that they knew how to use a microwave.

On a second thought, on a trip to Netherlands I found out that their national food is french fries, which they buy in paper cones on the street and have them for lunch, so I just might throw Americans a deep fried bone.
>>
No, you literally eat shit. Not quite as bad as the Britbongs, but close....And in greater quantity, hence your obeseness.
>>
>>9136705
I'm lucky enough to be married to a baker who mills her own grain and runs a small artisan baking business. I'm fucking spoiled as hell. Even bread from a good bakery is a couple steps down from the bread I just have lying around the house. If the supermarket were my only source for bread I'd just stop eating bread altogether.
>>
>>9136497
>Europeans jealous
No one gives a shit tinytears.
>>
>>9136730
>Netherlands
As an American who has been lucky enough to travel through most of Europe this is one of the few places where the food was a let down even by American standards. Even English food is better.
>>
>>9136497
>OP tries to add tipping in there like it's an acceptable thing
>>
>>9136580
It's not just a small niche, if you go to any city of reasonable size in the US you can find good quality local food. There are only a handful of cities and thousands of cletus bumpkin towns, sure, but the population is like 90% in the cities. So most people have access to good stuff here.
>>
>>9136760
Don't eat hot food from a vending machine.
>>
>>9136562
Shitty food is cheaper than good food or the ingredients to make it, nobody knows how to budget, there's stores everywhere, food culture, many fats were raised that way since an early age for multiple reasons and know no other life
>>
>>9136506
Non-whites mostly. The white American obesity rate is in line with the rest of the Western world
>>
>>9138601
Oh yeah. You learn that FEBO sucks on day one.
>>
File: 1452487951188.jpg (370KB, 3000x1987px) Image search: [Google]
1452487951188.jpg
370KB, 3000x1987px
>>9136497
I don't care what a stupid ass European thinks. You're assuming they are rational anyways, they aren't. So fuck em.
>>
>>9136697
kek, shitposting Europeans are pathetic. it's so obvious that they're seething and angry about something else.
>>
>>9139260
You're in denial. Obesity rate for whites in US is 32.6, total adults in US is 34.9 putting us at 12th fattest. If you use only the white only percent of 32.6 it puts us at 19th. Learn not to be ignorant.
>>
>>9136497
The fact that you think European cheese is "fancy" undermines your entire argument.
>>
File: 1495249439032.jpg (30KB, 456x402px) Image search: [Google]
1495249439032.jpg
30KB, 456x402px
>>9136497
>propagated by jealous Europeans.
>caring about what jealous Europeans think
>>
>>9137548
>you can only find good food if you're not a flyover
Retarded meme.
Sure you're probably not gunna find a great vietnamese place in Troy Alabama, but implying you can't find quality ingredients or restaurants just because it's not NYC is ridiculous.

>>9136580
>I wanna get trashed tonight
>Lets see...$9 for a 6 pack of high quality craft beer
>Or $6 for a 6 pack of tallboy bud
>Bud it is!
And now you know why so much of it gets sold.

>>9136506
HFCS. Seriously soda is like $1 for a 2L and you don't any sense of hunger satisfaction for it, so people chug it like water.
>>
>>9136623
It's because we made white bread. That's literally all it is.

>>9136646
We havent known how to cook since WW2, honestly. All the women were working jobs because all the men were out getting shot, so they didn't learn to cook. Then the men came home and made them wives and they would make meatloaf and casseroles every day. Then convenience food came out and jello and shit, and we got real fucking weird with it because we still didnt know how to cook but goddamn we were sick of meatloaf. Fast forward to now and eating nothing but convenience food is the norm because it's gotten so good and cheap.

>>9136651
>Most bread sold in American supermarkets is mediocre at best
The prepackaged and sliced stuff, yes.
Almost every supermarket in America has a dedicated bakery where you can buy freshly made, high quality bread though, so that's a moot point.

>>9136676
>Is tipping like OP acceptable in the US?
I wouldn't do it at a place you regularly patronize because you'll get a rep with the staff and get shit service, because they're whiny and entitled. It's acceptable at higher-end establishments though.
>>
>>9136584
>just a generalization.
Reality check
>>
>>9139821
>2009-2010
>35.9
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obesity_in_the_United_States#Caucasian
>The obesity rate for Caucasian adults (over 30 BMI) in the US in 2010 was 26.8%
>>
>>9139828
>35.9% and rising
>le cherry picked white people
>Still 26.9%
>this was seven years ago
>gor both numbers
You do the math
>>
>>9139510
And for our progenitor, the United Kingdom, it's 28.1%.
>>
>>9136497
USA. Sub par everything and is racist as fuck. Never go. Come to Canada instead.
>>
>>9139821
What's with the spike between 1980 and 2000
>>
>>9139794
>Almost every supermarket in America has a dedicated bakery where you can buy freshly made, high quality bread though
This is exactly what I was talking about. Our standards for bread are so low that the shitty bread the supermarket's in house bakery turns out seems like it's high quality by comparison. It isn't.
>>
>>9136562
>>9136588
>>9139248
>>9139784
Good answers, that give a solid picture of American obesity when taken together.

>>9136584
>>9139260
Shit answers from cucks.
>>
>>9140014
The switch from Sugar to HFCS as a result of corn subsidies.
>>
>Combining data from 2013 through 2015, non-Hispanic blacks had the highest prevalence of self-reported obesity (38.1%), followed by Hispanics (31.9%) and non-Hispanic whites (27.6%).
>non-hispanic whites 27.6%
>>
>>9140014
This >>9140032
Plus everybody still thought that fat was bad. Many products had fat replaced with sugar and were then marketed as ''healthy low fat''.
>>
>>9136506
A few factors coming together.
First is a public education system that basically panders to the lowest common denominator, and curriculums decided by elected officials. The end result is a nutritionally innumerate underclass.
We also have really cheap staples, and a long-standind tradition of excess since the turn of the century. People got off the boats and went "holy crap everything's way cheaper than in the Old Country" and went bonkers, but were still stingy and made their kids clean their plates. Huge servings became commonplace, even after everyone wasn't working in a field for 12 hours a day.
So people don't know what calories are, they just know they like huge meals, and then the government helps those shit decisions by letting the "poor" blow their food stamps on family size chips and other shit.
Also, it's way more socially acceptable. People who would get shit on in fitter societies when they're younger get protected by their hammy parents.
>>
File: 1490710413147.jpg (52KB, 500x542px) Image search: [Google]
1490710413147.jpg
52KB, 500x542px
>>9140041
>self-reported
It's mostly just poors. Poor people are stupid and don't understand nutrition.
>>
>>9136631
Raw milk is illegal to sell commercially, you stupid nigger. And for obvious reasons. You can still process shit from it since you're not selling the milk but the final product.
>>
>>9140041
You fuckers are pathetic attempting to massage data to deny our horrid levels of adult obesity among every american ethnic group except Asians. You don't improve our nation by ignoring problems and pretending whites aren't fat as fuck, too. Use real data fuckstick. 2016 data from the CDC:

"Non-Hispanic blacks have the highest age-adjusted rates of obesity (48.1%) followed by Hispanics (42.5%), non-Hispanic whites (34.5%), and non-Hispanic Asians (11.7%)."

https://www.cdc.gov/obesity/data/adult.html
>>
File: 1470586288022.jpg (36KB, 303x442px) Image search: [Google]
1470586288022.jpg
36KB, 303x442px
>>9140094
>filling a sink with shit-tier mac & cheese
The quality and quantity both horrify me.
>>
File: 'Merica! Fuck Yeah!!.jpg (64KB, 475x502px) Image search: [Google]
'Merica! Fuck Yeah!!.jpg
64KB, 475x502px
>>9136497
>ITT Actual American citizens

'MERICA! FUCK YEAH!
>>
File: america.jpg (41KB, 800x479px) Image search: [Google]
america.jpg
41KB, 800x479px
>>9140136
>'MERICA! FUCK YEAH!
>>
>>9140014
>>9140032
>>9139821
The Lipid Hypothesis, jump started with a falsified study, that linked cholesterol with heart disease was believed to be fact as of the early 1980s. Thus everyone started eating less fats and thus ate more carbs.

And then in 1998 the NIH decided that BMI was how we determine obesity: 25+ being overweight and 30+ being obese. Some charts will use the old definitions for earlier years, which results in bigger jumps.
>>
>>9140091
>Huge servings became commonplace, even after everyone wasn't working in a field for 12 hours a day.
This is part of it for sure, especially in places that were agricultural at the start of last century. Huge meals were part of the culture there for generations, which was completely fitting for people who burned up to 4000 calories in a day. Here's a quote from an Indiana homemaker in the early part of the century:

"A pie was a pie and we ate it and didn't think a thing about it. We worked, we didn't have to worry about calories."

When that changed but the relationship to food didn't you get obesity.
>>
File: 'MERICA! FUCK YEAH!.jpg (12KB, 262x192px) Image search: [Google]
'MERICA! FUCK YEAH!.jpg
12KB, 262x192px
>>9140136
>'MERICA! FUCK YEAH!
>>
>>9136497
Are Americans really this easily upset?
>>
File: Niggs luv W H A L E S.jpg (42KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
Niggs luv W H A L E S.jpg
42KB, 600x800px
>>9140136
>'MERICA! FUCK YEAH!!
>>
>>9140177
>Are Americans really this easily upset?

FUCK YOU RACIST PIECE OF SHIT EUROPOOR!!! STOP POSTING IN MY COUNTRY!
>>
File: much-merica.png (384KB, 619x386px) Image search: [Google]
much-merica.png
384KB, 619x386px
>>9140136
>'MERICA! FUCK YEAH!
>>
>>9140195
>>9140179
>>9140175
>>9140159
>>9140136
LOOK EVERYBODY I GOT ONE
>>
>>9136497
A bread that costs $0.57 in Europe will be at least $3 in the U.S.
>>
>>9136705
Sprouts sourdough is shit though. I had it shilled to me before as the best thing ever, but it was flat out disappointment. On top of that, it's not baked fresh but brought in from somewhere and held in a fucking freezer, so it always ends up with soggy patches and prone to mold from condensation after they put it on shelves.

1.5 year in Murica and still haven't found one easily available good quality bread, and trust me I did search high and low. Too bad I don't really have time to bake my own.

t. Polak in Murica
>>
>>9140212
>1.5 year in Murica and still haven't found one easily available good quality bread
You usually want to look for small family owned places. We get ours from a greek deli a few blocks away.
>>
>>9140236
Why are you buying bread of all things from Greeks? Greeks wouldn't kow how to bake proper bread if their life depended on it!

t. German
>>
File: 1473558484696.jpg (23KB, 264x264px) Image search: [Google]
1473558484696.jpg
23KB, 264x264px
>>9140177
>Are Americans annoyed when Europeans post four or more threads every single day on /ck/ just to shit on them?
>>
File: fat11.png (35KB, 693x512px) Image search: [Google]
fat11.png
35KB, 693x512px
I pass by a in and out burger every day and I never had one
>>
>>9140278
Might as well get one to have the experience. For fast food, it's very good.
>>
>>9140210
>A bread that costs $0.57 in Europe
Is a very very small bread
>>
>>9140292
A normal size baguette. The same size as $3 baguette in the U.S.

Sometimes it's closer to $1. $1.50 for sourdough.
>>
>>9136497
>le watery American beer meme
It's not our fault that you ignored all of our delicious craft beer and bought fucking Bud Light.
>le sugary processed American bread meme
Once again, you bought the wrong bread. Go to the bakery (most supermarkets have one) and get a freshly baked loaf. Whole OR pre-sliced. I know for sure that one local market's bread uses only flour, water, yeast, and salt.
>muh plastic cheese meme
We make real cheese, too. We also have all the fancy European cheeses because we import shit. Who'd've thunk it?

The problem with all of your responses is that you are acting as if americans actually use the high quality alternatives presented. Yeah you have high quality bread, cheese and beer... but 95% of the time americans eat the low quality shit, who cares if there are a few gems in a sea of shit? As for the tipping thing... just stop, I couldn't give a fuck if you think good service deserves additional payment, waiters shouldn't have to be subsidized by the customer, its the employers job to pay their staff, end of fucking story.

America does a lot of things well, but food really isn't one of them.
>>
>>9140310
>The same size as a $3 baguette in the US
The fuck do you live that you're buying $3 baguettes, they cost a buck at most in my experience, normally more like 50 cents.
>>
>>9136497
>Waiters work hard, they deserve it.
And yet they don't get paid a living wage and have to rely on gratuity.
Lol okay.
>>
>>9140322
>thinks a baguette is a walmart bakery "french" loaf.
>>
>>9136610
*crickets*
flags when
>>
>>9139784
Cream of mushroom soup and tater tots are not quality ingredients
>>
>MUH MICROBREWERIES
>>
File: Lifehack_No._373894.jpg (75KB, 550x448px) Image search: [Google]
Lifehack_No._373894.jpg
75KB, 550x448px
>Provides proof that burgers are lardasses.
>Kek hehe nice shitpost.
>>
>>9136497
someone is drunk

also, as an educted european i agree with your "myths list" in general without even reading it.
t. man
>>
>>9136584
you wouldn't feel a need to overeat if the land was really free.
>>
>>9136697
that was rude. posting facts isn't fair.
>>
Everyone makes bread and cheese, sweetie.
>>
>>9140311
So all of the high quality options don't count because they're not the unanimous choice regardless of one's location, financial status and personal taste.

This is some phenomenal retard logic, there's some pretty shitty food and ingredients in poundland but you don't see me claiming all of Europe eats only from there because of it, and even if that was the case, it wouldn't change the fact that the option still exists.
>>
Non westaboo american here.
>>9136497
>watery american beer
Real. The most popular beers in america are light beers as a holdover from prohibition -- americans tend to think light beers are less alcoholic or something. The only people who drink craft beers are hipsters, and they drink IPAs with maximum bitterness for beer peen cred or something.

>sugary processed american bread
Real. Actual bakeries are a more recent development again caused by hipsters. Previously most bread was shit like wonder bread and other things that shipped easily to supermarkets across the country.

>plastic cheese meme
You didn't even bother negating this. America has barely any cheese of it's own to speak of. Most of it is either imported, from a select few hipster creameries, or is some kind of weak ass cheddar. And plus, the meme is that Americans only /like/ plastic cheese, which is true -- its all they grew up eating. Eating blue cheese is considered weird unless you put it in a dressing or some shit.

>what about tipping?
Unless you're an asshole you still need to tip in a lot of places. Most places pay their employees minimum wage and expect them to make up the rest through tips.

>>9136646
>no one knows how to cook
Accurate. Except for a handful of nerds, no one knows how to cook, or is afraid of stoves. From what I can tell, some more people "learn" how to cook by mixing shit together when they get to college.

>>9136506
Generally speaking, parents don't know how to cook, so they buy their kids takeout. Fastfood is the cheapest and fastest option when you're coming home from a 9-5 and both parents are working. Alternatively they get microwave dinners. As a result, kids are used to eating fastfood. Fastfood is also highly addictive because it activates the sugar, salt, and grease centres of your brain. As a result of this mess, everyone is obese. Now on top of this, SJWs want to push fat acceptance to make it "okay" to be morbidly obese so it will become even more of the norm
>>
>>9143324
you're a moron. Macrobrews are the most popular by a long shot but micros are not limited to hipsters or IPAs at all.
>>
>>9136497
OBSESSED
>>
>>9136497
>OMG EUROPEANS DON'T THINK WE'RE AMAZING
>I BETTER GO TO /CK/ AND CORRECT THEM!

Why do you think people care about you?
>>
>>9143339
Maybe my opinions are a bit biased because I'm a college student, but its all I've seen.
>>
>>9143324
>and they drink IPAs with maximum bitterness for beer peen cred or something.

Yes, hipsters totally invented enjoying bitter drinks, and nothing bitter existed before IPAs, like Campari, Fernet, Lillet, tonic water...Angostura BITTERS

>Artisan baking and cheesemaking, ancient professions practiced the world over are somehow hipster
>HERP DERP SJW BOOGIEMEN KEK NORMIES REEEEEEEEE

Fuck off kid
>>
>>9143324
>americans tend to think light beers are less alcoholic or something
Because typically they are. The most popular beers sold here are called pisswater for a reason, they range from 3-4.5% ABV whereas most craft beers are 5.5%+ typically.

>The only people who drink craft beers are hipsters
Where the fuck do you live, North Dakota?
>>
>>9143380
> Yes, hipsters totally invented enjoying bitter drinks, and nothing bitter existed before IPAs, like Campari, Fernet, Lillet, tonic water...Angostura BITTERS
Those are European. Campari and Fernet are Italian. Tonic water was invented as a malaria remedy in Europe. Angostura bitters also originate in Europe.

> >Artisan baking and cheesemaking, ancient professions practiced the world over are somehow hipster
> Fuck off kid
They're hipster in america.

This thread is about america, not Europe, are you confused?
>>
>>9143376
Why are you O B S E S S E D?
>>
>>9143385
> >The only people who drink craft beers are hipsters
> Where the fuck do you live, North Dakota?
California actually.
That said, I'm in college so people usually drink the cheapest shit they can find.
>>
>>9143399
Yeah once you turn 21 you can casually order and drink a pint of something good.
Also you're an idiot.
>>
>>9143393
My only point was that historically bitter has been a flavor people drank for enjoyment and it's nothing new and not something hipsters invented. Also, what are Americans but Europeans that were butthurt about having to pay taxes and not being able to force puritanism on people?
>>
>>9143412
>what are Americans but Europeans that were butthurt about having to pay taxes
You have to pay a Bed Tax in the UK.
I think we're pretty justified in our hatred of taxes.
>>
>>9136580
Honestly you'd be surprised. As much as I hate hipsters and the millennial generation, theyre much more conscious of the shit they're stuffing into their bodies. As technology has grown and information more available many of the older degenerates are turning as well you higher lifestyles.

It's really the rural white trash, and immigrants that don't care and stay in their ways.
>>
>>9143413
>mommyyyyyyy I have to do something that benefits someone besides myself
>>
File: 1496275941160.png (136KB, 285x271px) Image search: [Google]
1496275941160.png
136KB, 285x271px
>>9143430
Keep on paying for achmeds luxury welfare home, then.
>>
>>9136506
The Great Depression hit us hard culturally. Eating everything on your plate even if you aren't that hungry is a cultural norm here. Add big plate sizes and there we go.
The current saying is "clean your plate, there are kids in Africa who don't have food." But that evolved from the Depression saying "clean your plate, our neighbors don't have food."
>>
>>9139784
NW Washington anon here. I live in a small college town that has 11 local breweries. I|t'\\s hop country here, and I can get better beer on the cheap than anything some belgian faggot pissed out.

M|y roommate and |I| drink about a 6 pack each every night, but we'\re talking a 10 dollar 6 pack of some 8.4-9% ales and stouts, vs 6 bucks for a 6er of steel reserve tall boys (because there'\s no fucking point in drinking bud, it's like a half-beer).

should be noted that "road sodas" aka openly driving around while drinking beer is commonplace and accepted here. but we love our fucking beer so whatever, no ragrets
>>
>>9143407
>Also you're an idiot
Butthurt?
>>
>>9143504
Of an underage kid trying to talk about beer culture?
No, just letting him know he's an idiot for talking out his ass
>>
>>9143440
>>>/pol/
>>
>constant american butthurt threads
>trying to convince the world that 99.9â„… of them don't subsist off of absolute shit by pointing to some sparse exceptions
You fat yokels will always be the 2nd most mocked country behind India and you deserve it for being so tight arsed about people making fun of you.
>>
>>9143868
>>>/r/eddit
>>
>>9136497
O B E S E D
>>
>>9143898
>>>/r/eddit/the_donald
>>
>>9136506
>all
Because you go to Flyover states.
>>
>>9143377
Well of fucking course it's biased, you're in an environment where thrifty and free is better than nothing and accounting for taste is a luxury your peers can't afford. Getting a lot of shit to go around is better than having something good but very little in dorm life, with and without sponge-ass housemates.
>>
It's funny to me that Brits, the subhumans responsible for abominations such as beans on toast or the chip butty, get lumped in with the rest of Europe despite being a bigger blight on the culinary world than Americans. When it comes to food, no country is more degenerate and devoid of flavor than the United Kingdom.
>>
>>9140212
>don't really have time to bake my own
I don't believe you, no-knead bread hardly takes any time where you're actually doing anything.
>>
America is so large, and has so many distinct cultural regions, that any generalization about the country as a whole will probably be dumb
>>
>>9140311
>freshly baked loaf
I'm sorry to say but all the bread in almost all grocery stores is gonna be par-baked
>>
>>9143324
bleu cheese tastes like crayons and this is an objective fact
>>
>>9136506
Sad to say it but I have seen equally obese people in Europe.

It's a global problem not just an American one.
>>
>>9145401
Uhhh...

It's a "problem" but America is ahead by miles of any other civilized country, let alone europe.

The only people worse than america are shitty fucked-over pacific islander nations and some african shitholes that got fucked over by america and other westerners.

It's a "Global Problem, not just an American one" in the same way that Trump is: It's America's fault and they're going to end up fucked first.
>>
>>9136580
Not really.
Only in poor areas of the country do the stereotypes get actualized, in fairly well off places you have great food, beer, etc.. Generalizing makes for great comedy, but truth be told American craft beer is some great stuff.
>>
File: IMG_2429.jpg (84KB, 694x1005px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2429.jpg
84KB, 694x1005px
>>9145411
Not really.
America is 8th overall. Still not something to brag about, but not leading the way.
>>
Sorry americans, but your beers AND your chocolate are really awful.
And don't even let me start about your kiddie snacks.
Most of those aren't even edible, but pure acrylic.
>>
>>9145420
What part of
>The only people worse than america are shitty fucked-over pacific islander nations and some african shitholes that got fucked over by america and other westerners.

Don't you understand?
>>
>>9145421
>Most of those aren't even edible, but pure acrylic.

??????????????????????????????????

This is the stupidest thing i've ever seen, and it runs contradictory to the big "America dumb" thing I always see about not allowing Kinder Eggs because they have toys inside, which is a choking hazard and thus illegal in America. If those are, there's no way they'd sell actually inedible choking hazards as 'snacks'.
>>
>>9136497
>>
File: IMG_2430.jpg (334KB, 1536x1392px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2430.jpg
334KB, 1536x1392px
>>9145421
>not eating chocolate from a chocolatier

Only poor Americans eat corner-store chocolate. People with some coin like to go to hand crafted chocolatiers.
>>
File: IMG_2415.jpg (60KB, 460x563px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2415.jpg
60KB, 460x563px
>>9145424
I may not, but your hostility is amusing.
>>
>>9136506
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs
Check the intro of this documentary
The topic comes back at 46:35

Sure, we're fatter on average but it's not quite the butterball epidemic the media makes it out to be
>>
>>9145298
Is there a state where poor people don't stuff themselves on fast food, but buy cheaper fresh ingredients to cook, as they've learned in school?

>>9145478
>Dey say wer 25% obese
>I didun see 100% morbidly obese, it means it's lies!
>>
Isn't the problem the food industry and how they take over the market with their unhealthy products? They're most advanced in the USA.
>>
>>9145420
Kawhat? Cook Island? United States of Arabia?
What are these places and why haven't we bombed them in retaliation for not being #1?
>>
>>9146742
The United States of Arabia are one of the most backwards and evil countries in this world, but you're in good relations with them because they give you oil for running your wasteful overly big cars, ACs, electric wheelchairs for the fat, electric chairs for the bad.
>>
File: coral-reef.jpg (704KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
coral-reef.jpg
704KB, 2048x1536px
>>9146763
It's been fun to meme but for the record I haven't owned a cage since the Clinton administration and when I had one it was a small 4 cylinder shift-it-yourself

Cages are vile and in the perfect society they'd all be welded shut, with the occupants still inside, and dumped into the ocean forming an ecologically sound coral reef
>>
>>9136626
Fuck that garbage. Most people I know in america go out of their way to avoid that slop. Poor people don't care and kids dont grocery shop.
>>
>>9146772
My /n/igga
>>
>>9145424
>pacific islander and african shitholes
>UAE and Qatar

ok buddy
Thread posts: 139
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.