[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why isn't ramen with spaghetti or bolognese sauce a thing?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 8

why isn't ramen with spaghetti or bolognese sauce a thing? ramen noodles are a lot tastier than pasta by a long shot.
>>
anyone who believes in tradition is holding us back and needs to be euthanized
>>
>>9134210
Ramen noodle is designed to soak up the soup. My Italian friend will shoot me on the spot if I cook my pasta with the sauce.
>>
>>9134225
I've done that, the spaghetti tastes so much better when it's taken out of the boiling water and cooked further with the sauce.
>>
>>9134258
Well yes that's proper way to make spaghetti. What I'm saying is you don't BOIL the noodle with the sauce, which is integral step of making ramen. [spoiler] I'm not even Italian but I do understand their hatred against one pan pasta [/spoiler]
>>
File: 2013_8_10_1136_001.jpg (96KB, 500x671px) Image search: [Google]
2013_8_10_1136_001.jpg
96KB, 500x671px
>>9134294
instant yakisoba is cooked and drained. mixing the cooked noodles with the flavor packet is the last step.

so technically, it would be yakisoba with bolognese, but who cares, it's the same thing.
>>
>>9134315

I wouldn't consider yakisoba as a ramen, instant or not. When someone says ramen, pic related spicy gooky noodle and Japanese miso ramen comes to my mind. Ramen's main selling point is that you can taste the deep flavor of soup inside of noodle as you literally marinate the ramen noodle with the soup while boiling it. Spaghetti's pasta is nothing more than a vessel that delivers the sauce to your mouth. You don't want them to be soaked with tomato sauce. You don't want the flavor of the sauce to dominate the hints of taste of egg inside noodle. That's why you boil them with salt right? Yakisoba like instant sphagetti does sound interesting tho
>>
>>9134210

Too stupid to believe.
>>
File: 2016_10_24_2268_001.jpg (74KB, 500x624px) Image search: [Google]
2016_10_24_2268_001.jpg
74KB, 500x624px
>>9134344
it kinda is a thing
http://www.theramenrater.com/2016/12/15/2268-nissin-nupasta-neapolitan-flavour-instant-noodle/

I would love to try it, but it's very different from actual pasta sauce with noodles.
>>
>>9134344
Most cheap instant ramen tells you to add the seasoning packet after boiling. At least Maruchan and Top Ramen do.
>>
File: 2012_4_4_rrv_002.jpg (91KB, 700x558px) Image search: [Google]
2012_4_4_rrv_002.jpg
91KB, 700x558px
>>9134370
>>
File: shinramyun-0031.jpg (780KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
shinramyun-0031.jpg
780KB, 1024x768px
>>9134370
maybe the noodle paste is different?
>>
>>9134386

A lot of the Korean instant noodles do have you boil the noodles with the seasoning packets.

I'm just talking about the really cheap stuff that most Americans buy, the like 6+ packs for a dollar stuff. All of those have to boil the noodles and then add the (single) seasoning packet.
>>
I always thought this stuff would be like instant spaghetti, but apparently it takes 15 minutes to make and tastes like utter shit. I've never seen anyone buy the stuff, never seen it in anyone's pantry, but somebody must buy it because it still exists.
>>
File: banner-sp.jpg (107KB, 560x370px) Image search: [Google]
banner-sp.jpg
107KB, 560x370px
>>9134398
Cheapest one I could find in Japan was this 'chicken ramen'. It doesn't have seasoning packets, the noodle itself is already seasoned and all you have to do is boil it. And yes for some reason most of Japanese instant ramen instructed me to pour in the sauce after cooking the noodle, which really triggered me as a gook myself.
>>
>>9134294
You're not supposed to cook the noodles in the soup, for real ramen anyway.
>>
>>9134213
Depends on the tradition but if it's nonsensical like this fuckhead's >>9134225 friend that thinks his mom's shitty butter + ketchup al dente sketty is the only way of making pasta because he goes by the flyover 'it's justa like-a mama use-ta make' standard then yes, you are correct.
>>
>>9134213
>why don't people mix ramen and spaghetti sauce
>we should purge the gene pool of the ignorant
Well that's certainly wasn't the first thing that came to my mind
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.