[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is fluoride just a meme, or should I genuinely be concerned that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_3651.jpg (538KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3651.jpg
538KB, 1000x1000px
Is fluoride just a meme, or should I genuinely be concerned that I drink tap water habitually? Also, general water thread.
>>
>>9129090
Depends on if you live in a civilised country or not.

The level of civilisation of a country is directly linked to the quality of the tap water. If it contains fluoride or chlorine you're out.
>>
fluoride at the levels present in tapwater has shown no measurable effects on the brain, but yet has definite measurable effects on tooth health.

I'm sympathetic to arguments that it's medication without adequate consent or education but there is fuck all actual science to say that it's harmful.
>>
>>9129103
>The level of civilisation of a country is directly linked to the quality of the tap water. If it contains fluoride or chlorine you're out.
USA btfo

>>9129090
But in all seriousness, fluoride is a naturally occurring substance found in many foods. It's only about .7 PPM (or 7mg per liter) if you live in the United States and eating a normal diet of fruits and vegetables you'd get about the same. Too much of it CAN result in dental fluorosis.
>>
File: fluorosis-comp.gif (86KB, 544x422px) Image search: [Google]
fluorosis-comp.gif
86KB, 544x422px
>>9129115
>there is fuck all actual science to say that it's harmful.

And dental fluorosis is a myth!
>>
>>9129166
Give me any evidence that dental fluorosis is harmful and I'll give you this one, dubsman.

Cosmetically harmful is a pretty weak argument.
>>
>>9129175
>having the enamel completely eroded from your teeth is merely cosmetic

Ah, you're retarded.
>>
No affect on health besides tooth and gum health. If we didn't have fluoride in the water, the globalists couldn't fill everything with sugar and get away with it as easily.
>>
>>9129181
>dental fluorosis

It's purely cosmetic mottling. There is no erosion involved.
>>
you're all very "woke". be sure to buy your Alex Jones water filter only $299!
>>
Arguably no. The studies that have suggested a possible link to harm in brain development caused by fluoride in water involved amounts significantly higher than what we use to fluoridate our water.

>>9129103

Chlorine is used to kill bacteria in water so you don't get sick from it. I would be legitimately concerned about drinking water that has not been treated this way.
>>
>>9129269
>americans actually think drinking swimming pool water is the only way to have clean water
>>
>>9129189
Wrong.
>>
I only drink water from the garden hose.
>>
>>9129090
In my opinion, habitually, yes, I think consuming a certain amount of those chemicals daily for years is probably not good for you. Just get a water purifier/filter if you're that concerned about it. Great investment in the long run.
>>
>>9129367
Wise guy, eh?
>>
>>9129269
My well water doesn't need chemicals to kill bacteria and I have it tested every year. Maybe we should have the EPA crack down on the industries destroying our water. While we're at it maybe make them stop poisoning our air and soil? Oops, no. Better unleash them to have their way with OUR fucking planet.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.