[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Y'all do support your local farmers markets and grocery

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: 5209837450329487503249857.jpg (43KB, 600x913px) Image search: [Google]
5209837450329487503249857.jpg
43KB, 600x913px
Y'all do support your local farmers markets and grocery stores right?
You don't shop at Walmart do you?
>>
File: thumbsup.png (550KB, 350x400px) Image search: [Google]
thumbsup.png
550KB, 350x400px
>>9126448
I shop at a local grocery store, it's actually cheaper than most of the other chains around here. Just got 0.8lbs of grass-fed ground ribeye for $3.95, gonna make it into burgers tomorrow for the 4th of July. And they say you can't get good food in America.
>>
>>9126448
i shop at the chink market
>5 pounds of bell peppers for $3
>2 pounds of onions for $1.89
>fresh greens are cheaper than pepsi per pound
>50kg bags of rice for $35
no reason for the hipster tax
>>
I shop at wherever is cheapest which means I often go to big chains like Walmart and Aldi.
>>
>>9126448
Hey there, Hes-sus, not all of us here can turn water into wine and feed the masses with a single loaf of bread.
>>
>>9126448
I stopped shopping at Walmart once I learned what they did to Vlasic pickles.
>>
File: c85d07e.jpg (16KB, 267x200px) Image search: [Google]
c85d07e.jpg
16KB, 267x200px
>>9126448
Mexican here.
I live on the south part of this country and basically every rural village/small town on the zone produces a wide variety of local products such like fruits, vegetables, dairy and a huge etc.

I mention this because my family have some farmlands where we still cultivate small amounts of vegetables and also raise pigs that we end up consuming with my grandparents, cousins and other relatives.

So yeah, we consume the products of local farmers (specially pork meat and derivates), we technically are part of that group so guess you could say we are sort of self sufficient.

I still shop at walmart though, but the vegetables and meat that we consume in our daily basis comes doesn't come from a super market.
>>
I hit up roadside stands every now and then for fruits that are in season, but typical farmers markets are too far away from me so the argument of the carbon footprint is moot when I have to drive an hour to get to one. Luckily I am also close to one vendor's base spot so I can hit them up for cheap vegetables.

Stopped shopping at Walmart years ago after I stopped working for them since I have also seen how much fucking food they waste. 2 miles away from an IGA which is always cheap as hell.
>>
They don't have walmart in my city

I went to one once on a road trip out of morbid curiosity, but that's about it
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.