[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

tv dinner retard here, how do I stop burning meat on the outside

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: pink.jpg (523KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
pink.jpg
523KB, 2000x1000px
tv dinner retard here, how do I stop burning meat on the outside and having it raw on the inside

I just want well done meat every time
>>
Turn the heat down
(You goddamn mongoloid)
>>
>>9126424
what happens if the heat is too low
>>
>>9126432
You end up with an insufficient sear and consequently flavourless food
>>
>>9126422
pan
nice and hot
knob of butter
in
turn down to "medium low" heat after it's melted (~15 seconds)
put meat in 10 seconds after you turn down the heat
>>
>>9126616
thank you gordon
>>
>>9126422
Are you cooking hamburgers or steak?
>>
>>9126422
Stick it on high heat and sear the outside. Once you do that, turn it to medium low and flip often.
>>
>>9126678
burgers on a pan
>>
if you bring meat up to room temperature before cooking it will cook more evenly

pull it out of the fridge 10-15 minutes before you cook it
>>
>>9126616
>>9126662

There is no real AI but megacorps still make Bots. I believe we have the technology for a Gordon Ramsey bot who yells at you for preparing eggs incorrectly.
>>
Is covering meat ever a bad idea? sometimes if I'm unsure the inside is done I'll cover it for a little bit.
>>
>>9127553
Not really, unless you want the outside to be really crispy.
>>
>>9126422
Take it out of the fridge 20-30 minutes before cooking so the center isn't cold while you're cooking.
>>
>>9126432
Oh good point, better just keep doing it exactly the same way you have been.
>>
Turn the heat down and take out the patties 15-20 mins before you grill them. Also, don't press down the burgers with the spatula. Only flip them once.
>>
>>9128470
Literally everything you said is old ladies tales that have no basis on reality.
>>
Cooking pro tip, if you want your food to get a nice golden crust on the stove top you need to cook with oil, almost to the point of shallow frying; you also need to make sure your meat is bone dry on the outside. Pat it dry with paper towels and salt the dry surface to bring out more salt.

Water = steam = not golden brown
Oil = maximum surface to heat= very brown

You can even finish in butter, the butter will turn brown and impart those nice nutty flavors but you have to be careful not to burn it or it turns really bitter.
>>
>>9128480
The spatula pressing stuff is definitely white-loser-dad material, but taking meat to room temperature before cooking obviously has an effect on its cooking.
>>
>>9128480
If your meat is already the quality that you want, pressing the meat downwards only makes the meat less juicy. My sources are being a suburban dad.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.