[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What brand of jams/fruit spreads do you guys enjoy? I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: double fruit rasp.jpg (25KB, 345x460px) Image search: [Google]
double fruit rasp.jpg
25KB, 345x460px
What brand of jams/fruit spreads do you guys enjoy? I've been addicted to PB&Js recently, and this fruit spread is, by far, the best I've found.

I can't imagine some Smuckers shit is the best thing going, though, so I'm looking for some recommendations that I might be able to find online or in Western Canada. For the record: This Double Fruit spread is not very sweet. The tartness of the raspberries is more apparent than any other flavour, which is excellent when matched with a slightly sweet peanut butter. As it's a fruit spread, it's also mostly fruit.

I've tried some of the organic fruit spreads, as well as a fancier French one, but they were all far sweeter than this Double Fruit shit.
>>
>>9124296
I like bon maman raspberry
>>
>>9124296
>not making your own fruit jam
it's not even hard
>>
>>9124296
I learned this from Mind of a Chef and never looked back:

Get some fruit: buy it, pick it yourself, whatever. Put the fruit in the bottom of a thick-walled saucepan. Put on very low heat then just let it cook for hours. Like 6. Or 8. Maybe more.

The fruit will reduce down making a fantastic preserve. Unless you have extremely tart fruit you won't even need to add sugar; the natural sugars in the fruit will concentrate as the moisture cooks off. You have literally one ingredient: the fruit itself. It couldn't be easier, and it tastes fucking amazing.
>>
>>9124300

Alright that sounds pretty good. I'll definitely check it out, since it's widely available.
>>
>>9124338

What kind of fruits would you recommend for this sort of process? My immediate thought was a mix of apple, pear, and a more tart berry.

Do you think adding a bit of lemon would fuck things up as well?
>>
>>9124338
This.
It's stupidly easy and it's that much better than anything you can buy, it doesn't have added sugar, and you can make as much as you want for pretty much nothing.
>>
>>9124361

I am unable to grow my own fruit, so for some reason I completely discounted making my own. I don't know why I had never though about just buying my own fruit.
>>
>>9124352
Strawberries should be a no-brainer, though you're gonna need a lot of them, so do that if you have some growing in your garden, cuz good strawberries aren't cheap and cheap strawberries really aren't good.
Apricots and peacheswork great.
You can try oranges if you like acid stuff (and add in a bit of the liquor of your choice in there too)
Appleas and pears can work, but you might need to add in a bit of spice or sugar unless you have small fruits with a tough taste.
And yes, you can add in a bit of lemon if you wish but watch the acidity.
>>
>>9124352
I've done it with blackberries, raspberries, currants (black and red), strawberry, and peach. I also did one that combined papaya, mango, and habanero chilies. They've all come out fantastic.

>>lemon
Sure, taste the preserves partway through cooking and see if you think it needs anything. Most of the time I don't add anything. But occasionally I will add some sugar if the berries weren't all that sweet, or some lemon juice and zest if they need a little more tartness. Adding lemon won't fuck things up.
>>
>>9124378
>>9124381

Alright, great advice. I'm going to pick up some extra fruit next time I go shopping then. Thanks guys.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.