[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rookie question here. How do I cook burger patties on a frying

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_6255.jpg (480KB, 1080x1842px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6255.jpg
480KB, 1080x1842px
Rookie question here. How do I cook burger patties on a frying pan? Every time I've tried I've burned the shit out of the pan and got grease all over the stove and makes a fuckton mess. The seasoning all burn onto the pan and the patty doesnt even cook all the way through
>>
Turn the heat down, idiot
>>
>>9124022
Don't make thick patties. Form wide, thin patties. Medium-high heat to start, sear one side for a minute or two (eye ball it, use judgment based on how thick the patty is), flip to the other side, turn the heat down to medium and finish cooking for another couple of minutes. This will yield a diner-style size patty with crispy seared outside, fully cooked inside.
>>
>>9124034
>>9124034
I thought it was heat up, heat less
And don't forget that resting is part of the cooking process because
>
muh residual heat
>>
>>9124022
Put on med heat. Rub the pan with a light coating of oil. Put 1-2 patties in the pan once hot. Flip them with a few seconds just to get the outside cooked. This will prevent sticking. Now you can let them brown on either side. If you're finding it difficult to get them cooked through without burning the outside, try adding a bit of water to the pan and covering it.

Like other anon said don't be afraid to get the patties pretty thin, you know they will contract and get thicker while they cook.

The type of pan is also important. Different kind of pans release heat differently. But if you're using a ceramic I think that should work fine with the right technique.
>>
>>9124058
Also wipe the pan out with an oil soaked paper towel after each patty to prevent burnt bits from building up.
>>
Thanks guys, I think I'll go buy some ground bee tonight and try out your tips
>>
>>9124022
Stop making four inch thick patties and use common sense.
>>
>>9124466
Will do chef
>>
File: spoopymilk.png (313KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
spoopymilk.png
313KB, 750x750px
>>9124022
Pit a lid on it, kiddo.
>>
>>9125850
don't do this.

honestly just start with relatively low heat (in this case medium-ish) and build it up until you learn what is the most your pan can handle while producing a good sear without making a mess

also I hope you pre-heat properly
>>
>>9127396
>don't do this
Why not?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.