[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtQ zHbl4cLI will burgers e

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: pizza-storia.jpg (277KB, 1152x768px) Image search: [Google]
pizza-storia.jpg
277KB, 1152x768px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtQzHbl4cLI

will burgers ever stop doing those things?
pic related is the only way
>>
>europoor
>>
>>9123963
it's not about "authentic", it's about "not disgusting"
>>
>>9123919
the average burger arent stupid enough to spend 40 dollars on expensive seasoned wood fuel each time they use a wood fired oven just so then you can have overrated "authentic" pizza. American pizzas are less stressful to make, nutritious and cheaper. I don't want to spend half a day tending to a woodfired pizza oven either just so then I could make burnt sauce on a flatbread
>>
>>9123979
>nutritious
Raised a smirk.
>>
>>9123919
I just watched the video. That isn't a pizza, that's clearly a pie.
>>
File: 20161012_102144.jpg (2MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20161012_102144.jpg
2MB, 2560x1440px
>>9123979
I have a wood fired oven I built and cut and chop my own wood so I don't pay for the fuel other than through burning calories. The wood fired oven clearly produces a better pizza but it does take 2 hours of stoking to get to 900F. I don't use it for just a pizza for my wife and I, but whenever we have people over I'll often fire it up. It's kind of like the social aspect of BBQ meats. I've even combined the two and had wood fired pizza as an appetizer or snack while sitting around drinking beers and BBQing. People like it.
>>
>>9123919

Why are you so afraid of innovation? Do you really think there shouldn't be any new foods?

Anyway, that thing looks pretty great, in an unashamed guilty pleasure kind of a way. It looks like 3,000Kcal, so I wouldn't eat it, but that's besides the point.
>>
>>9124136
innovation implies improvement, which isnt the case
>>
>>9124124
I don't doubt that.
The problem is, if I were to invest my time and money in a wood fired oven just for pizzas, my chronic perfectionism could compel me to also go autistic on all aspects of pizza making. I'd be preparing dough a day earlier, and every hour I'd waste my time checking the rise. And I'd probably spend extra to get the tippo 00 made in Italy crap. I'd also spend a small fortune on the best San Marzano tomatoes, mozererella, olives, etc. I'd probably also start obsessing over growing the perfect herb garden just for my new hobby. I try stay away from investing too much of my self in things like that, or else I'll just become obsessed. And I wouldn't enjoy it.
>>
>>9124222

Yet the pizza in OP is an example of culinary innovation. If the Italians hadn't incorporated tomatoes from the "new world" then it wouldn't even exist.
>>
>>9124326
how is it any different than anything else in your life? if you are a deviant that will be the same whatever you do, either you are lying on that or should correct yourself or, even better, be a hero
>>
>>9123919
I'd try it
>>
>>9123919
>"care for some burnt circle bread with lawn clippings on top?"
>"a gabbagoo now dat's a spicy meat a ball!"
>>
File: 1484035678429.jpg (147KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
1484035678429.jpg
147KB, 1000x750px
>>9123919
>yuropeen """""""""""""pizza""""""""""
Pic related is a pizza.
>>
Gonna try making the meme pizza from scratch with the San Marzano's that I am growing once they ripen.
>>
>>9125035
Oh and Ananas do go on pizza.
>>
>>9125035
>pineapple
>deep dish
sounds fucking awful and I enjoy pineapple on pizza
>>
Do Americans really call Chicago-style pizza "pizza pot pie?"
>>
>>9125037
You'll nead to use a sourdough and slow rise to get the thin and flavorful crust. That's what my fellow amerilards forget - Italian traditional pizza is all about the dough. Additionally, you have to use fresh mozarella, preferably buffalo, but that will be very difficult to find if you're not in a large city. Thirdly, if you don't have access to a wood fired oven that cooks the pizza in 90 seconds with a bit of charring, it just won't be the same. By all means try it, but if you don't include all 3 of those steps, you'll have no right to judge.
>>
>>9125080
freedom casserole
>>
File: 1477990016389.jpg (7KB, 249x242px) Image search: [Google]
1477990016389.jpg
7KB, 249x242px
>>9125082
>sour dough
>traditional italian
>>
>>9124355
but that was an improvement, this clearly isnt
are you feeling funny?
>>
>>9123919
I prefer a zesty almost spicy pizza sauce instead of cooked down tomatoes.
>>
>>9125082
You can get similar crust in a regular oven with a stone, you just cook it until it is almost done and then pull it out and add your cheese and then finish it in the oven for a couple of minutes.
>>
>>9125482
no cayenne, red pepper, or oregano in the sauce, it's a fag sauce.
>>
>>9125090

sourdough is traditional just about anywhere
>>
>>9127079
>traditional

nobody accept assholes use sourdough as a pizza dough
>>
>>9123919
>upside-down pizza in a bowl
Whoa...
>>
>>9127225
bet it tastes better than meme pizza with leaves
>>
>>9127083

sourdough is just natural fermentation you dumb fuck

literally everywhere uses it
>>
>>9127239
Not in pizza, dumbfuck.
>>
>>9127250

yes, in pizza

what you think they were using baker's yeast in the 1500s
>>
>>9123919
Why is it always the most unflattering pictures of Italian pizza?
>>
>>9124026
But anon, you can't argue about the nutritional value of 400g of added cheese and 2 whole pepperoni sausages
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.