[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is an air popper worth getting? >Inb4 unitasker I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 7

Is an air popper worth getting?
>Inb4 unitasker
I'm trying to cut some weight right now and air popped popcorn seems like a way better option than oil popped calorie wise, the question is whether it's as good, or close to?
>>
It's not filling and you will burn out on it quick.
>>
>>9122641
>I'm trying to lose weight but I need me my popcorn
Either try or don't. But don't lie on the internet.
>>
>>9122660
>You can only eat rabbit food when dieting!
How's that yoyo working out for you?
>>
>>9122673
nice projection, I maintain a consistent diet and live an active lifestyle
>>
You need less than 10g of oil to pop a huge bowl of popcorn

it's not that 10g that's putting you over your calories, save your money
>>
>>9122641
how about stop eating popcorn. you don't need to eat outside of regular meals, burgerlandian.
>>
>>9122641
Don't listen to the tards ITT, air popped corn is very low calorie, feels filling and provides fiber which gives you great poops.

I just out it in a ceramic bowl in the microwave and sprinkle a little (very) fine grain salt so that it sticks to the dry popcorn.
>>
>>9122928
Dafuq?Popcorn is just pure starch which becomes sugar during digestion, OP might as well much sugar cubes.
>>
>>9122660
Not only that, it has to taste just as good otherwise fuck it.
>>
of course.

the presto poplite is the best one.
>>
I just pop them in the microwave in a large glass bowl with a plate on top. It doesn't work as well as oil or air but I don't care enough to buy a unitasker.
>>
>>9122641
>I'm trying to cut some weight right now
How about just not eating popcorn altogether?
>>
>>9123759
lpbp
OP doesn't quite understand how this weight loss thing works
>>
>>9123759
popcorn without butter or salt isn't really that bad for you
>>
>>9123762
OP could eat nothing BUT popcorn and lose weight as long as he was

COUNTING

FUCKING

CALORIES
>>
>>9123787
>popcorn without butter or salt isn't really that bad for you

Sure. But the question still stands: if you're trying to lose weight then why consume unnecessary snacks in the first place?
>>
>>9123797
Obviously.

But again: If your goal is to lose weight then why complicate things with extra snacking at all? If's much easier to count calories if all you have to track is 3 meals a day. Adding in extra crap is creating more opportunity for error. Most people are horribly bad at calorie counting in the first place so why make things worse?
>>
Tfw always used a simple pan to make popcorn and it's good
>>
I use a glass popper you put in the microwave
you can add butter if you want or do it dry.
and yes it uses regular popcorn
>>
>>9122641
Just fast for a week
>>
I guarantee everyone in this thread shitting on popcorn is a skinnyfat cuck.
>>
File: WP_20170406_08_48_28_Pro.jpg (761KB, 1728x1731px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20170406_08_48_28_Pro.jpg
761KB, 1728x1731px
>>9122641

Its not a unitasker, tho it is close. you can roast coffee beans in them too. Best coffee you've ever had will come from fresh beans that you roast yourself to full city + and then age for 3 days. Just watch out... Coffee can be an expensive hobby since, according to this board, you have to spend at least 500 bucks to get a good grinder. (this is not true for drip coffee, and even for expresso [this triggers the faggots] top quality grinders can be had for ~$120)
>>
>>9124568
>expresso
Retard.
>>
>>9124561
This. Popcorn is great.
>>
>>9122641
>I'm trying to cut some weight right now and air popped popcorn seems like a way better option than oil popped calorie wise
Let me guess, you're an American who would not eat white bread to not get diabetes and still chug down a liter of soda a day
>>
>>9124572
>Retard
Predictably triggered faggot
>>
>>9124610
Possibly but the fact that you're a retard remains extant.
>>
>>9124612
I fat fingered some form of espresso and It was auto corrected to "express" which I then just added an 'o' to since I figured autistic fuck-ups like yourself wouldn't be able to handle it.

Tl;dr you triggered my trap card and look like a fucking autist now. Totally worth it.

Enjoy the sip may may.
>>
>>9122641
yeah they're pretty great if you like popcorn
>>
File: guys pls.png (141KB, 296x317px) Image search: [Google]
guys pls.png
141KB, 296x317px
>>9124610
>>9124612
>>
Popcorn lover here.

Unlike the other microwave users, I pop my kernels in a paper sack.
Once popped, I hit them with butter-flavoured spray and finely ground salt. I pop them 50g of kernels at a time and, as some don't pop at all, even with the spray, the caloric content is only 200ish calories per serving. With the spray, I'm only adding about 50 calories or so and it tastes 8/10 (normal popcorn is 9/10 and popcorn popped in clarified butter is 10/10).

Also: save the unpopped kernels. I do. When I have 50g of them, I soak them in water 10 minutes, drain them, dry with kitchen paper then pop them in the microwave as normal. The majority will pop.
>>
>>9124644
>Also: save the unpopped kernels. I do. When I have 50g of them, I soak them in water 10 minutes, drain them, dry with kitchen paper then pop them in the microwave as normal. The majority will pop.
Are you from the Great Depression?
>>
>>9124626
That's pretty sad, anon.
>>
>>9122641
It's fast and easy to use. If you make a lot of popcorn but don't like coking it over the stove then it's useful.
>>
>>9124633
Faggot.
>>
>>9124662
Yup. Thanks, Obama!
>>
>>9124798
The president that was in charge of the US at the beginning of the great depression was the Republican Herbert Hoover. He also oversaw the tightening of monetary policy at the start of the depression, which made it worse. Unlike the Republican president GW Bush who was in charge leading up to and at the beginning of the great depression, which instead opted for loose monetary policy which likely saved us from another great depression. I feel like I should also remind you that the Democrat FDR oversaw the long recovery from the depression with public works programs, much like the democrat Obama oversaw the recovery from the great recession, even though a Republican supermajority in the house and senate refused to allow public works programs in 6 out of 8 of Obama's 8 years.

If you are actually from the great depression, i am pretty sure you meant

>Thanks, Hoover!
>>
>>9124856
It's a meme you fucking sperg. Leftists cannot meme at all. Sad!
>>
>>9124856
>talking to a vacuum cleaner
>>
>>9124872
>it's a meme
No it isn't.
Retard.
>>
File: 810287_1.jpg (71KB, 630x630px) Image search: [Google]
810287_1.jpg
71KB, 630x630px
>>9124872
I have this shirt.
wew, the triggering - the horror the horror
>>
>>9124884
This is what happens when you let children spend too long on the Internet.
>>
>>9124872
Not trying to meme. Trying to inform. Loose monetary policy an works programs are how you get out of recessions/depressions. At different times Republicans have seemed to not understand this. Hoover and Bush are both generally regarded as two of our worst presidents, while FDR and Obama are generally ranked in the top 5 and 15 respectively.
>>
>>9122660
popcorn is low calorie relative to the volume
you can use emulation butter aka liquid cancer instead of the real thing
>>
>>9124898
lol: the post
>>
>>9124568
>$500 meme
>>
File: IMG_2939.png (335KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2939.png
335KB, 633x758px
>tfw when you can't have popcorn because of Tmj
>>
I like to put chili powder on popcorn. I call it chili con corn.
>>
>>9122641
posts like these support the idea that /fit/ and /ck/ must work together: so that /fit/ can be free of the banality of baked chicken breast and broccoli, and so /ck/ can be unfat
>>
Just put some unpopped kernels in a paper bag and microwave it
>>
File: 1481157514438s.jpg (9KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1481157514438s.jpg
9KB, 250x250px
>>9122641
Popcorn is full of carbs. You won't lose any weight munching on popcorn. Try pork rinds.
>>
>>9122641
>Is an air popper worth getting?
I have had a hot air popper for 20 years and I can tell you air popped popcorn is better than oil popped. Its simply incredible, I cannot even begin to describe it.
>>
>>9122641
I don't regret buying mine. I initially got it just for coffee and then I learned I like plain popcorn now.

If I get a variac, will I be able to dial it in to be aerodynamically balanced to eject beans after first crack?
>>
>>9122641
If you're trying to lose weight, stop eating popcorn.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.