[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm living in Toronto for school. It's hard to find

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: CN-Tower.jpg (222KB, 1600x934px) Image search: [Google]
CN-Tower.jpg
222KB, 1600x934px
I'm living in Toronto for school.
It's hard to find most ingredients here at a decent price. I've gotten to the end of my creativity with the stuff I can find for cheap too.

Any Toronto anons want to suggest places to shop? I really need some variety.
>>
>>9118372
You're out of luck. All of Canada sucks. Travel to the US is your best option.
>>
>>9118372
kensington
>>
>>9118454
There's a cheese store I frequent in kensington and the chinatown area has some decent prices on certain things, but surprisingly fish is still very expensive and most of the time the vegetables are pretty close to expiration. Any specific stores down there I might have missed? I definitely haven't been everywhere in there.
>>
>>9118372
you're a chink, right? just find a dog on the street and cook it
>>
>>9118487
I'm one of four white guys here anon. Don't worry.
>>
>>9118464

If you are living in DT core then you are screwed for options, there is a weekly farmers market at the big park near ossington street though if you are willing to streetcar there.
>>
>>9118542
No I'm living up by woodbine station. There's a farmers market here too but all it is is overpriced pies. Some of those cheap Chinese fruit/veg shops but they're all pretty much rotten, I've seen maggots.
>>
File: coupons-to-use-with-flyers-new.png (53KB, 408x267px) Image search: [Google]
coupons-to-use-with-flyers-new.png
53KB, 408x267px
>>9118372
Wa La,
Browse thru the online flyers and make your shopping list.

http://flyers.smartcanucks.ca/
>>
Why are there no fucking Walmarts in Toronto?
>>
>>9118805
There are many in the non-white suburbs (i.e. Scarborough and Markham).
>>
File: 1423597074696.jpg (163KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1423597074696.jpg
163KB, 1280x960px
>>9119958
I've never seen one. I don't usually bus around though, I subway everywhere. You'd think they'd build some right by a subway though. I miss Great Value garbage.
>>
>>9118756
Jump on the 91 northbound, get off at eglinton ave south side, hop on the 34 eastbound. a few stops after warden there is a massive Asian store called Al Premiums. Theyve got decent prices and fairly fresh produce
>>
>>9120815
Do you guys not have cars in canada?
>>
>>9118805
There's two that you can easily get to from downtown you mong. One at Gerrard Square (506 east) and one at Dufferin Mall (Bloor line). The one on Gerrard doesn't have food and groceries though.
>>
>>9120825
It's usually easier to get around Toronto on the bus. Especially if you're around the main city, the traffic will make you suicidal.
>>
>>9120825
nobody drives in Toronto, the road is too full of bikes
>>
>>9120825
Toronto/Vancouver are like NYC/LA in terms of driving. The public transit is pretty good, though.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.