[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been bartending for a few years with a focus on cocktails

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: Bartender 01.jpg (52KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Bartender 01.jpg
52KB, 640x360px
I've been bartending for a few years with a focus on cocktails who likes to teach people how to make drinks at home, AMA.
>>
How do you tolerate the drunks day in day out?
>>
>>9114836
I enjoy what I do and am pretty patient with people. Never been on duty and had to kick someone out fortunately, but I get the occasional person who wants to talk to me for 20 minutes while other people are waiting to be served. Being able to politely cut a conversation short is surprisingly difficult to do at first.

The heaviest drinkers are always fellow service employees, but they are always super polite unless they are mixing booze with other drugs.
>>
>>9114869
Junkies are the absolute worst.
>>
>>9114882
Yeah, it is the one aspect I hate about this line of work. I've been clean for almost a year how and have never felt better, but as a result I had to cut ties with many people but learning of an old friend dying of a heroin overdose last month makes me glad to have made the decision. Another friend who used to be a coke addict quit bartending altogether, got clean, and has never looked or seemed happier. I am really proud of the guy

This industry is prone to substance abuse and there are even groups similar to AA that solely focus on service industry workers.
>>
>>9114825
>I've been bartending for a few years with a focus on cocktails who likes to teach people how to make drinks at home

that's not a good sentence
>>
>>9114905
Good on you man.
>>
File: 1492523107596.jpg (196KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1492523107596.jpg
196KB, 900x900px
>>9114825
your cocktails like to teach people how to make drinks at home?
that's pretty awesome
>>
test
>>
>>9114920
>>9114930
Typos are a motherfucker lol. I also teach friends how to make stuff at home in my free time.
>>
>>9114825
What's better than a classic Daiquiri or a Sidecar that I can easily make at home without having to buy a bunch of different alcohol at once?
>>
>>9115641
Are those what you tend to drink at home? My philosophy on a home bar is to cater to your own tastes with a base spirit and keep secondary ingredients on hand. Bitters (Angostura almost being mandatory), liqueurs, and non alcoholic mixers. Even dry ingredients such as mint and cucumber which are currently in season are pretty handy and can enhance a drink quite well.

Both drinks assume you have Rum, Brandy/Cognac, Triple Sec, lemon juice, lime juice, and simple syrup on hand. If you want to go by the Daiquiri first without investing much, you can easily go for a Mojito or Queen's Park Swizzle which build off of each prior drink with a slight method or building.

I prefer booze forward cocktails when using Brandy/Cognac such as a Vieux Carre, though that requires picking up some Rye, Angostura, Peychaud Bitters, and Benedictine (B&B works just as well in my opinion). It becomes a slight investment but it expands what you can make at home.
>>
>>9115844
Follow up, those two cocktails use what some people will refer to as a Sour / Daiquiri spec. It goes as such:

Citrus (3/4oz lemon juice or 1oz lime juice, lime is less potent so that extra bit helps for balance)
3/4oz Sweetener (Triple Sec, simple syrup, honey syrup, agave syrup, etc. can post a few syrup recipes if asked)
2oz Spirit

Many cocktail recipes use this as a base recipe and while the ratios can be tweaked to taste for each drink this provides a solid balance of letting the booze stand out while still being mellowed out by the sour and sweet elements.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.