[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I a retard? I must be a fucking retard. I see on screen where

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

Am I a retard? I must be a fucking retard.

I see on screen where it says "Press here for your diabetes" and when I tap it, nothing happens, and the background is poorly looped so it looks like I tapped it but it's just the animation freezing in place and I look like a dumbass not selecting anything even though the button is 12 inches big and my fingers seemingly can't work a touchscreen despite having a small one in my pocket I use flawlessly

What the fuck is the problem with this shitty machine? Why can't we have tactile buttons? Make the screen vibrate, do something GOOD
>>
you forgot to press the tactile button
>>
>>9110501
Consider yourself lucky. Soda from those machines is like a Subway sandwich. At subway you're technically getting different cuts of meat and theres a hint of what the meat taste like, but somehow it all taste like turkey.
>>
Theyre just unresponsive.
>>
>>9110501
They aren't sensitive enough, you need to really press it firmly to get it to register the touch. I actually like these things, they have some tasty flavor combinations, but they are finicky.
>>
You gotta firmly press it. Like when you highlight text on your phone.
>>
I fucking hate those things. Why the fuck did they feel the need to put a computer chip and a touch screen on a machine that was already perfectly okay?

Literally all you had to do was press the cup under the soda you wanted and boom dickhead, there's your crisp refreshment. Now you have to cycle through menus like Final Fantasy 7 before you can sit down with your cuppa and the accompanying burg of your choice. It's market research done mental. COOL TECH isn't always the future. It's just a mess of inconvenience keeping me from stuffing my enormous greedy gob full of heart and pancreas death.
>>
>>9110501

I still imagine my grandfather seeing this. He was a smart man, a military intelligence guy that helped build the roots of AT&T in America. He spoke with John F. Kennedy.

But a goddamned touchscreen Coca Cola machine probably would have just baffled him, in a good way.

I miss him.
>>
>>9110609
The new machines track the exact amounts of all liquid dispensed. They also allow printer cartridge like replacement of the flavors. They're being pushed so coke can track what you drink
>>
>>9110501
I agree, using a touchscreen and pushing a gay shiny fake chrome button isn't nearly as tactilely satisfying as pushing your cup against a lever

I'm kind of mad that I live in a world where this actually exists and I'm only 20. I wish I was born like 50 years earlier so I could die before this shit starts getting really bad
>>
>>9110631
My grandpa was a construction worker who ended up overseeing a lot of projects. He worked on building some highways. He used to like fishing a lot, and when I had an electronic fishing game he was baffled then enamored with it. He played it more than I did. I miss him too.
>>
The wendys near me only has one of these and a lot of retards are like OP and take forever to figure out how to use the damn machine let alone decide what flavor they want their sugar water. So when one even one family let alone when it gets busy is there getting a drink is chaos. We go from 2 people being able to use one fountain to a big ass line just for the fucking drink machine. Getting refills at prime time is a lost cause. Fuck these machines I know theure expensive but atleast have 2 for fucks sake. I just wanted Fucking water fuck these fat retards that want to cycle all the flavors of ass from this gay machine.
>>
>>9110609
Datamining, expensive refills, brand recognition
>>
>>9110501
i fucking hate those things too. its so awkward.

i guess its worth it because you get so many options with the "flavor shits"
>>
>>9110654
le wrong generation xD
>>
>>9110634
coke can track what you drink anyway, by the simple measure of how much syrup they sell. for that matter, old-style machines can easily record lever state and mine the same data.

the new-style machines are used because a cheap touchscreen and microcontroller cost less than literally 40 spout/lever combos, and because it lets them force retailers to throw out expired cartridges (for both quality control reasons and "limited-time flavor" bullshit).
>>
Ultra thick screens because parents don't control their children who would otherwise Crack or outright break them. They actually buy tempered glass from the same company that does redbox glass. Tactile feedback would require a pretty powerful motor.
>>
>>9110501
God I love these things. So much more variety, and I can always get vanilla Coke! I used to get so excited every time I found some of that stuff at a store, it seemed so uncommon. Still kind of is since I live in NC and most places serve Pepsi products here.
>>
>>9110781
>le
>xD
You need to leave.
>>
>>9110609
These have been around since 2009, but I don't know exactly why they're still using the same shitty resistive touch screens when they're building more and more of them. Seriously, the required force you need to exert for it to register your selection is like one of those shitty feature phones on steroids.
A 20,000 dollar soda machine, yet there's HOMELESSfag tablets with better touchscreens.
I know the screen needs to be tough and durable for the machine to last, I'm not stupid. But it feels like it was overbuilt and designed for being hit repeatedly with a hammer, obviously at the cost of usability.
>>
>>9110501
The "sugar will give a skinny person diabetes" thing is a myth. You just have to be overweight to get type 2 diabetes.
>>
>>9110963
Not everyone has capacitive appendages. Resistive works with hooks and such.
>>
>>9110966

shut up fatty
>>
>>9110501
Stop eating at shit places. These machines don't exist in good places.
>>
>>9111783
Zaxby's is amazing don't be rude
>>
I've seen this thing one time and it was at five guys which I have been to only twice. Never seen it anywhere else.
>>
>>9110785

>Wow, lots of people seem to like this raspberry coke combination made available by the soda machines
>how about we come out with raspberry coke?
>>
The Wendy's near me has two machines. They look identical, but one of them is really laggy, the framerate is seriously in single digits. It's a huge pain in the ass, the other one isn't too bad if you just push hard enough from the get go.
>>
>>9112154
That's my favorite thing to get
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.