[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>buy old fashioned oats to put in smoothies >turns my shits

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

>buy old fashioned oats to put in smoothies
>turns my shits into horrible monstrosities that i have to clean my asshole with soap and water after
>try to grind them into powder, still happens

Is this because I'm eating them raw instead of cooking them? Please help /ck
>>
>Is this because I'm eating them raw instead of cooking them?
yes
>>
>>9106702
why is that?
>>
Make a less thick smoothie (use more liquid) and soak the oats overnight.
>>
>>9106871
Because your anus doesn't work like a horse's
>>
I've never heard of oats in a smoothie, that's not a bad idea.

As for your problem, OP, you need more fibre in your diet. It's gonna get worse before it gets better, but it's worth it.
>>
add a heaping spoonful of psyllium husk powder to your smoothies
>>
>>9107853
>>9107877

If OP's problems were caused by adding more fiber to his diet in the first place then why would you suggest adding yet more?
>>
>>9107883
>>9107877
oh look it's another op posts a thread on ck that belongs on fit episode

it's because you're shredding them in a blender bro. get steel cut oats and don't grind them as much, and get some more fiber in you so your stool isnt as loose.
>>
>>9107883

He just needs more fluid.

Fiber without enough fluid = gastrointestinal issues.
>>
>>9107904
no see, the reason i pre-ground them up is because when i had them whole i would literally have chunks of shit

>>9108089
i ate oatmeal for years with the same kind of oats and same amount of milk and peanut butter in the mircowave with no issues
>>
>>9106668
They've probably been steamed already during processing, so they're not raw. I eat them mixed with cereal and nuts for breakfast sometimes with no problem. What else is in your smoothie?
>>
>>9107904
this isnt supposed to be for fit. i am asking about the makeup of this food stuff.

>>9109749
The content of my smoothie are:

~1 cup Old fashioned oats
1 cup of whole milk
a few tablespoons of peanut butter
~20 almonds
a spoon of greek yogurt
5-6 strawberries and half a banana

I ate the oats, milk, and peanut butter as oatmeal for years with no issues. almonds do not cause me issues. the yogurt does not cause me issues, not the fruit, but for some reason combining them does

i think it may just be that the oats are being blended raw into a smoothie instead of cooked. or at least i really really hope thats why, and i may just need to eat everything separately
>>
>>9109771
That's for a single serving? It doesn't sound like enough liquid to properly hydrate the oats, which could be causing your problem. Usually it's a 2:1 liquid to oats ratio, and you've got 1:1. Plus you have peanut butter, almonds, and fruit that also doesn't have much liquid in it.

Try either reducing the amount of oats/almonds/peanut butter or increasing the liquid.
>>
>>9109794
That's really interesting, I never though about oat hydration. I basically just put everything into a blender and blend it all at once then drink it within 10 minutes.

When I ate them as oatmeal I used the same (well it might have been 1/2 to 3/4 of a cup of oats to 1 cup milk) with PB then microwaved
>>
>>9109801
It was most likely more milk than oats otherwise you'd end up with something more like a wet biscuit than oatmeal. I'd say the amount of liquid is the problem especially since you're adding almonds and banana now.

Next time you make a smoothie, try letting it sit for 20-30 minutes before drinking it if you have the time. You'll see how much thicker it gets from the oats absorbing some of the liquid.
>>
>>9106668
You should put your smoothie on top of oatmeal. Just pour a cup boiling water on half a cup oats to get them ready. Grains and *some* fruits (not bananas or berries) become higher glycemic when put in the blender.
>>
YOU CAN DEVELOP AN ALLERGY TO LITERALLY ANYTHING.
>>
>>9109815
hmmm maybe i will do that. i also eat it at night right before bed, i wonder if thats bad

it just kinda pisses me off because i know a lot of people drink smoothies and protein shakes during the day and surely dont have the problems i get
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.