[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi anons, i've just bought honey, from my dealer, i always

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_20170628_104130.jpg (104KB, 1093x616px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170628_104130.jpg
104KB, 1093x616px
Hi anons, i've just bought honey, from my dealer, i always like to buy honey from small producers, with some piece of wax once in a while, on the left (whiter one) made from a hive in a wheat field, the other one from a hive on a chia field, both heavily cristalized (pure honey does that) and really different in taste. I love the differences between honey from different crops. How's the honey situation for you anon? where do you get your honey? do you like it cristalized or liquid? also honey general
>>
My nigga! I always bring 3-4kg of honey each time I visit my family in the country.
Not sure about the type of field they eat but it something similar to that picture.
I'll post a pic later
>>
I have a trucker friend who always brings honey back from his trips. I mostly use it for baking, replacing sugar.
The other day I made pasteli for the first time, ridiculously cheap and ridiculously delicious. Got rid of like half my honey with it
>>
That looks delicious argentinabrah.

Im from canarias and the situation here with honey and cheese has blown lately because we are getting international attention. Honeys here tend to be liquid and sweeeet, like really, similar to mediterranean ones, really good to make arab pastries if you have sweet tooth. We have all kinds: orange, eicaliptus, thyme.... Im still waiting for dill honey tho for making the ultimate salmon aghaghagha.

If I eventually live here Ill probably get some cute bees. When I see them with polen in their tiny feet they enlight my soul, dont know why, so cute.
>>
>>9103662
strong cheese and good honey is a win
>>
>>9103633
I buy from a local beekeeper who has a fairly large operation, @ 1000 hives which he trucks all over the country. Last time I bought he said most of his hives had been in CA in the almond groves. I buy 5 gallons (60lbs) at a time for $145 so it's a really good deal.
>>
>>9103633
I hope those fields were organically grown. Ninocides and other pesticides are extremely harmful to bees and it is being covered up heavily.

The movie vanishing of the bees, the bird flu, and veroa mite infestations are directly related to pesticide use.
>>
>>9103633
I get my honey from the farmers markets. The difference in taste between the high desert town I live in, and the alpine type towns nearby is noticeable. Lot more wildflowers in the mountain towns. I like crystallized honey more in general, but liquid is easier when I'm mixing it with yogurt.
>>
>>9104743
>>
File: DSC_0060.jpg (2MB, 3920x2204px)
DSC_0060.jpg
2MB, 3920x2204px
>>9103649
Both are from Buenos Aires, but I don't know what each color might mean. I can only assure you that both are great. Now I can't take tea without honey
>>
The honey in Brazil fucking sucks. It's orange tree only. It's truly awful. Disgustingly sweet and tastes like sugar pretty much.
>>
File: completelystraight.png (791KB, 971x785px) Image search: [Google]
completelystraight.png
791KB, 971x785px
Way down in our beloved Dixie we have some truly wonderful honey. I've done taste tests with some store bought honey in a container shaped like a bear (which is adorable) and there's no comparison.
>>
Unheated honey is the only honey worth eating. Most honey producers are utterly retarded and heat their honey yet still call it raw cause "da temperatur didnt reach 42 degrees!!!". Utter fucking morons. Takes a special kind of retard to use electric heated knives and to heat the honey for bottling but to still call it raw.
>>
>>9104743
OP here, not so sure about bees dying, honey production are on the rise, and you need the bees to get the honey right? so you cant make more honey with less bees. I am an agronomist i give tecnichal support to a group of farmers and i always recommend to keep bee hives, for polination reasons, have u seen corn that has no grain on the top? each grain is a polinized flower if bees (mostly) don't polinize the flower, theres is no grain, it doesn't need to be an organic crop, you just need to be carefull with insecticides, and apply them, when needed, focused aplication and taking extreme care of the wind and temp, bees are way waaaaay more sensitive to pesticides than any other harmfull bug
>>
>>9105394
hola brah, in my experience whiter honey comes from flowers such as wheat, corn, and other cereals and is much more subtle in taste and smell, i have seen bee hives in the more remote areas, where the available flowers are wild flowers from the dry part of the north of our country and mostly trees (quebracho, algarrobo, mistol) and honey is dark and with a lot of polen flavour, i prefer the whiter ones
>>
>>9107178
hello Brasil bro, you should try to get meliponini honey they are the bees that doesn't sting, there is a huge variety in brasil, and i've heard they were trying to domesticate them because you a huge population of african bees, and they tend to mix with the european bee (kind of the "migrants" in yourop) and africanize the hive turning it really dangerous, here in the north of argentina we do have meliponini species, (yana, keya, moro-moro, mestizo) and the honey is superb, yana and keya produce an acid honey, moro moro a nearly black, extremely sweet honey and mestizo avery light cristal clear one, but they are very diffcult to domesticate and produce a tiny amount of honey, they are tiny insects, i hope someday have the time and endure to try to grow these bees
>pic related moro-moro bee, the wole nest is a bit larger than a tennis ball, the bee, like a fly
>>
>>9107675
The more you know! Thanks mate
>>
>>9107178
it's very easy to find honey that comes from wild flowers
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.