[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /ck/, I have a dilemma. My roommate loves food but he just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: 20170329_123410.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170329_123410.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
Hey /ck/,

I have a dilemma. My roommate loves food but he just started cook. I have worked in a couple of kitchens so I know enough about cooking. I don't want to feel like an ass hat always teaching him because that screws with the dynamic.

So tldr, should I stop trying to help my roommate become a better cook because he is already happy with what he makes?

P.S. He likes to press the spatula to what ever meat he is cooking so it makes a sizzle noise.
>>
Help him if he asks for help
Let him fuck up all he wants
>>
You could ask him if he'd like your insight. If not then let him cook inferior food
>>
He may become a better cook than you by using trial and error instead of saying he's seen people cook and thinks they're an expert
>>
>>9103520
Kind of with this guy. Give him pointers, but don't make the entire dish for him. If he likes his food, that's great! If a dish doesn't come out how he likes, then really step in.

You'll always have a leg up on him and most at home cooks if you've done this professionally. On any given Friday or Saturday, you probably fire off more food on checks than most people will cook for a couple of months.
>>
>>9103495
If he asks sure, if not you're a dickhead.

If you're that desperate to prove you know more than him cook something awesome that he'd love and have him ask you how you made it.
>>
>>9103533
Sorry I should have said I use to cook in kitchens. I was trying to imply that i have good understanding of cooking, I am not great but I have an understanding.
>>
>>9103541
That's has been my approach so far. Not trying to rub it in but showing him that buying certain ingredients that's aren't the cheapest can pay off.
>>
He needs to make mistakes so he can learn from them. Just saying "don't do this or that" will not get him anywhere. If he's out of ideas he'll come asking anyway. Just let things happen.
>>
>>9103495
People who try to correct others are the worst kind. Only give him help if he asks for it.
>>
>>9103495
>>>9103495
>People who try to correct others are the worst kind.
I agree that's why I asked.
>>
>>9103495
Don't stick your nose in where it's not wanted. Let the man cook it how he wants, however wrong it is. You aren't his fucking mother.
>>
>>9103546
I was just messing with you anyways. But I would let him make mistakes as long as he doesn't burn the place down or start ruining pans and stuff.
>>
>>9103495
ask him if he wants your help instead of asking a korean swordcrafting board if he wants your help?
>>
>>9103495
>He likes to press the spatula to what ever meat he is cooking so it makes a sizzle noise.
Literally nothing wrong with that.
>>
>>9103495
Just tell him that you could give him some tips here and there if he wants. Don't be pushy though, if he enjoys it doing things his way, let him do his own thing
>>
>>9103495
Just give him some friendly advice. If he's receptive give him more if he isn't then back off.
>>
>>9103495
Here is what you do
You wait until he makes something he is really proud of
And then you make the same thing but better
And then you rib it on his face
That will motivate him to stop fucking up
>>
>>9103495
you should probably let him be
all people trying something new for a hobby get frustrated when a professional corrects them
maybe just give him recipes to try with hints in them, so he can discover it himself
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.