[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

CHILI DOESN'T HAVE BEANS! CHILI DOESN'T HAVE TOMA

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: True-Texas-No-Beans-Chili.jpg (64KB, 557x371px) Image search: [Google]
True-Texas-No-Beans-Chili.jpg
64KB, 557x371px
CHILI DOESN'T HAVE BEANS!

CHILI DOESN'T HAVE TOMATOES!

What kind of sophist bullshit is this?

Chili is mainly a meat dish; literally chili and meat.

There's no "better" way to make Chili, all that is is puritanical BS designed to make one 'type' of chilli be seen as the be all and end all of them all.

The key way to make chili is a way that you think it tastes good. If you like beans, have beans; if you like tomatoes, have tomatoes.

My own chili has a bunch of other stuff like green pepper, onion and even, yes, mushrooms. I take no shame in this whatsoever.

Food is about what tastes fucking good. If you don't like tomatoes, leave them out. If you don't like beans, leave them out. What's with this "purist garbage" in the word of gastronomy, where if you aren't following the 100% authentic recipe according to cookbook you are absolutely haram.

This is my favorite chili recipe, and yes, it includes beans and tomatoes: https://youtu.be/H6FAcVIw6HY

But I'd never stoop to say that people who prefer the texas style are WRONG. It's just different tastes.

What's with all this fetishization over authenticity and BS. It's ultimately just minor variations on a meaty, hot, fairly wet dish with chili pepper flavoring.

S
>>
It's mainly a battle between extremist chili goers that their way is the only way.
People argue over stupider shit and people argue about things that are relevant.
>>
File: Ron-Burgundy-Nobody-Cares.jpg (52KB, 550x278px) Image search: [Google]
Ron-Burgundy-Nobody-Cares.jpg
52KB, 550x278px
>>9098868
>>
>>9098887
I care.
>>
these days i give them the benefit of the doubt and assume they have some reason other than autism to insist that one way is the only way

like, for instance, it tastes better.

i do think anyone who is used to a european style of chili (which is basically just a cuminy bolognese with peppers and kidney beans - although even an authentic bolognese is supposed to use less tomato) really does owe it to themselves to try something more authentic with proper dried chillies and no tomato and chunks of beef. i definitely changed my recipe after trying that out.
>>
>>9098868
I blame the "professional" chili competition circuit. The high end madness of those competitions gets incredibly restricted. Identical meat, identical ingredients save for big sacks of chili powder blends in jealously guarded measure.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.