[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have these one gallon jars I bought to make kombucha and have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: 61E2BOolReL._SY550_.jpg (16KB, 305x550px) Image search: [Google]
61E2BOolReL._SY550_.jpg
16KB, 305x550px
I have these one gallon jars I bought to make kombucha and have since decided I don't really want to drink kombucha. I would prefer to just drink the tea.
So what else can I do with these jars? I think pickles would be a good but other than the standard recipes on Google I was wondering if anyone had a better idea on what to do with these jars.
>>
File: 20170618_135814.jpg (609KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20170618_135814.jpg
609KB, 2048x1152px
>>9097437
I recently did a batch of brine fermented pickles and kraut from our garden produce. Fermented cucumber pickles are really simple. Cut off the bloosom tips of the cucumbers. And pack into jar. I added garlic cloves, mustard seed and black peppercorns. A few oak leaves help to keep them crisp. Mix a 4% brine by weighing your water in grams and multiplying by .04 to get the number of grams of sea salt, pickling salt or kosher salt. Start with 1500 grams of water. Mix until dissolved and pour over. Use a rock or weight or just wedge the cucumbers at the top so they are under. Leave lid loose and wait 7 days then put in fridge. At first it will start bubbling and turn cloudy. Fucking best pickle you'll ever eat.
>>
>>9097437
Fill it with moonshine and have some fun
>>
>>9097651
>1500 grams of water
american education
>>
>>9097662
My sides
>>
File: 220px-Joan_Baez_Bob_Dylan.jpg (10KB, 220x156px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Joan_Baez_Bob_Dylan.jpg
10KB, 220x156px
>>9097662
You don't weigh water? Better talk to some bakers. The reason weight becomes important here is because you want to get a 4% brine. It needs to be between 3% and 5%. Weighing the water allows an easy calculation for the proper number of grams of salt. Measuring by volume doesn't cut it.

As the latest nobel prize for literature would say, "how does it feel" to be btfo?
>>
>>9097651
That's cool. Don't mind the OBSESSED yuropoors.
>>
>>9097662
Do you think water can't be weighed?
>>
>>9097693
in the decimal system, water volume and weight is equivalent
you don't need to weigh water, just measure 1500 ml you mouthbreathing retard
>>
>>9097729
You're engaging in some serious damage control yuroslob. I have to weigh the salt so my scale is out, and I can get an accurate measurement by weighing the water more quickly than trying to eyeball a line on a measuring cup. I don't even need a measuring cup. I pour water into a bowl I'll be mixing the proper grams of salt in and watch the scale as it quickly reaches the number of grams I want.

You're trying to act superior but flailing at bright light like a moth on a summer evening and dropping to the ground like your failed empires. Do yourself a favor and make some food from your country instead of running down to Ahmed's kebab shop and then come back and talk.
>>
>>9097872
>go out of the way to explain all the bs behind you going all scientific to measure fucking water because you LITERALLY can't put one and one together
>resort to fucking memes about kebabs
>Y-Y..you're in damage control!
lmaoing @ your life
>>
1tbsp lavender flowers and leaves per 50ml of cheap vodka, wait a week, filter out the flowers and mix it 2:1 with simple syrup
>>
>>9097729
>you don't need to weigh water, just measure 1500 ml you mouthbreathing retard

It's much easier to weigh since I already have the bowl of ingredients on top of the scale for weighing the dry ingredients. Add flour. Tare. Add salt, tare. Add water, tare. Add oats, tare. Etc.

Measuring it by volume requires getting out another measuring tool. Why bother when you're already using the scale?
>>
>>9097729
man, i should pull out my japanese recipe books and tilt you off the planet
you haven't lived until you've seen a printed recipe which calls for ccs of flour and grams of water
>>
>>9098105
best part: into this, teaspoons of salt
>>
>>9098077
>>9098086
yeah but in this scenario you just start with the water, you don't even need to factor in the weight at all
not mad, just havin' a laff
nice pickles btw
>>
>>9097437
Sun tea.
>>
>>9098125
Those were my pickles not those two you responded to who supported my argument. I'm the guy who told you to stop patronizing kebab shops and make your own food. But thanks for the compliment about my pickles. Maybe in our next lives we can be friends.
>>
>>9097437
Keep your weed in em
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.