[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've got my parents coming over for dinner tomorrow. I have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: beeffillet.jpg (139KB, 900x595px) Image search: [Google]
beeffillet.jpg
139KB, 900x595px
I've got my parents coming over for dinner tomorrow. I have limited experience cooking. These are the ingredients I have:

1.2 kg Beef Fillet
Red Onions
White Onions
Garlic cloves
Fresh Ginger
Cherry Tomatoes
Selleri
Danish champignon/mushrooms
Red and white wine vinegar
Extra virgin olive oil
Carrots
Potatoes
Worcestershire Sauce

Help me make a decent dinner, /ck/. My mum is a diabetic so no sugars or caramelisation.
>>
>>9096573
>selleri

Brown the meat in a pan, then throw all the veggies and meat into a crockpot. Easiest shit ever
>>
>>9096600

Why the fuck would you crockpot an expensive (and lean) cut like fillet?
>>
>>9096603
This guy is obviously a fucking idiot is why. He couldn't cook his way out of a cardboard box
>>
>>9096607

>This guy is obviously a fucking idiot is why. He couldn't cook his way out of a cardboard box

I won't refute this but I would still like to know what you can do with what I have.

>>9096603

Yeah, it would be a waste, wouldn't it?
>>
>>9096621
>I won't refute this but I would still like to know what you can do with what I have.

Obvious answer is obvious. Cut your fillet into steaks. Sear them in a pan and then finish in the oven.

Saute onions, garlic & mushrooms as a topping/side for the steak.

Roasted or glazed carrots as a side.

Make mashed potatoes, steak fries, or oven-roasted potatoes for your starch.
>>
>>9096621
Fine. Slice it into portions and sear in a pan with white onion, garlic, and mushrooms. Finish in the oven.

Serve with a lettuce-less salad with a drizzle of red wine vinegar.
>>
Everything you have can be fried in a pan. Your beef, your potatoes, and your veggies.

With no experience cooking, you could turn this into a stir fry.
>>
>>9096573

>1.2 kg Beef Fillet
>Red Onions
>White Onions
>Garlic cloves
>Fresh Ginger
>Cherry Tomatoes
>Selleri
>Danish champignon/mushrooms
>Red and white wine vinegar
>Extra virgin olive oil
>Carrots
>Potatoes
>Worcestershire Sauce

Fillet, cover in salt and pepper, plastic wrap and chill for 1hr.

Skillet medium with butter, add diced onion, crushed garlic, chopped celery, chopped shrooms, simmer 2-3 mins. Add chopped carrot and potato, add crushed tomatoes and splash of vinegar. Sweat that for 5 mins. Add water to cover veggies in 1 inch of water. Add salt, pepper, herbs to taste. Let it sit low for the rest of the hour that your fillet chills.

Take out fillet. Another pan to medium with small amount of olive oil. Don't let it smoke. Sear fillet on all sides (top/bottom/left/right) till browned (2-3 min per side). Take off, add onion, garlic, Worc sauce and more olive oil. Simmer 1 min.

Find an oven pan/cookie sheet. Throw the fillet on there. Drizzle with half of the sauce. Bake 400F for 30 min. Rest 5 mins. Slice to serving size.

Plate sliced fillet, drizzle sauce atop. Your stew is done. Bowl that. Get some garlic bread and you're gucci.
>>
>>9096625
>>9096627

I like the sound of this. Thanks, guys.
>>
>>9096681

Goddamn, this sounds good. Thanks, man.
>>
>>9096681
>and you're gucci.
kill yourself
>>
>>9096573
take onion, garlic, celleri, mushies, carrots and roughly chop, roast till brown and make a stock, reduce the fukk out of it
cut two parallel sides into your tatties, sear the everloving fuck out of them then cover with stock
cut some medallions out of the filet and get a cast iron pan really fucking hot, knob ov butter, sear the filet for 20s each side, then deglaze with red wine, reduce that and add a touch of roux to thicken
w
a
l
a
>>9096681
this nigga a foo fo sho
>2-3 mins for filet
>EVOO
>finish in oven after
kurwa mac
>>
Cut steaks and use the rest for fondue
>>
Slice the fillet, pan fry w/OO, herbs and cloves till medrare then add chicken stock
Get cucumbers, make thins strips and add to vinegar, leave for a few hours
Fry some buns on the pan after you finish the steaks to toast
Put together. Steak burgers
>>
>>9096750
No u
>>
>>9096573

>I have limited experience cooking.
so you decided to spend roughly £75 - $100 on
>1.2 kg Beef Fillet

Bullshit.

Post a photo then.
>>
>>9096573
Throw everything into a fucking crock pot. Bip bap bam, done.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.