[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guys how should I learn to cook while broke. What am I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 11.jpg (328KB, 1000x683px) Image search: [Google]
11.jpg
328KB, 1000x683px
Guys how should I learn to cook while broke.

What am I supposed to buy?
>>
>>9095703
mcdoubles.
>>
File: 11.jpg (54KB, 600x333px) Image search: [Google]
11.jpg
54KB, 600x333px
>>9095706
I hate unhealthy mcdonalds.

I think ramen is actualy healthier and better if your poor
>>
>>9095706
You are a fucking idiot. Eating fast food is not cheap.

>>9095707
Neither is ramen.

Eggs
Beans
Rice
Onion
Bell pepper

Buy some produce and get on YouTube. It really isn't expensive and is not hard. Start with something easy like red beans and rice. Feed yourself for days on the cheap without becoming a diabetic retarded faggot.
>>
Sweet potatoes, chicken, green beans, all very cheap.

>>9095706
Well memed
>>
>>9095712
Would add flour, butter, sugar, potatoes.

You can feed yourself on probably close to a dollar a week if you only ate bread.
>>
Start thinking of meals as carb + protein + vegetable. If you are truly broke then focus on cheap carbs and protein/vegetables should be bought if on special. Don't meal plan. Don't bulk shop (carbs are the exception) initially. You won't know what is on special if you don't regularly look at the prices.

Learn how to cook your carb in as many ways as possible with youtube.
Learn the basics of cooking proteins & vegetables with youtube.
Nearly everything tastes good with enough salt and oil/butter.

Being broke means improvising. You should be able to walk into any crack house kitchen and be able to figure out a carb/protein/vegetable meal.

Oh no I have no money and the only thing in my kitchen is pasta, a can of peas, butter, and some eggs. cook pasta, make some pea puree with the butter. hard boil the eggs in the pasta water and chop them up into it or stir them afterwards kinda like a cabonara.

Just buy cheap food and improvise, it's pretty hard to make something inedible unless you burn it.
>>
>>9095724
this one knows the way OP
>>
>>9095712
Ramen alone is a horrible choice doing a number on your health. But the instant noodles make for an OK ingredient for reasonable price - although normal pasta is cheaper. Still, we're talking about such penny budget it really doesn't matter.

Rice, pasta, potatoes will be your "staple" - the cheap calories. But you'll go crazy if you limit yourself to that stuff. You will need flavor and varied nutrients. So, veggies (onions are dirt cheap, so a lot, the rest in moderate amounts), some meat (ground meat makes good base for a lot of dishes and is cheap), spices. That stuff is expensive but you need only a little.

Generally - all kinds of rice dishes, different pastas/spaghetti, soups, stews. In general you're eating the same kinds of food as always, but meat becomes maybe 10% of your meal, "filler" like potatoes or pasta become ~70%.
>>
eggs
legumes (dried, not boiled)
cheap cuts of pork and chicken
cheap fish
bread ingredients so that you can make your own

>>9095724

> Nearly everything tastes good with enough salt and oil/butter.

If it doesn't, add garlic.
>>
>>9095731
Speaking of garlic if you have any sort of room to seriously consider growing some produce.

A lot of produce, garlic included, is so easy to grow that it's almost impossible to fail.
>>
>>9095712
no you're just a fucking fatass.
>>
>>9095703
vegetables for the base of a stew. the rest for meat. (salt, pepper, etc.)
>>
>>9095703
You can always make a few bucks down at the bus station, sucking cock. Plus you get some bonus protein out of it.
>>
>>9095703
Chicken leg quarters, or whole chickens but honestly go with the leg quarters you dont want to deal with a whole chicken. Also whatever meat is on sale
Potatos
Whatever vegetables/fruits are on sale
Rice
Beans
>>
>>9097198
I've been on sort of a meal budget crunch lately, and where I live you can get a bag of frozen chicken for 5-6 dollars depending on thighs or breasts, and there's enough in a bag for 3 2 person servings, which I've felt has been a pretty good going rate for meat that isn't hot dogs.

Hamburger used to be good but it's been going up in price lately. I have to spend almost 3 dollars to get around a pound, often less, which is only enough for one meal for two people, maybe 2 if it's something we can stretch out like spaghetti.

Eggs also seem to be at a really good price right now in NC (I can get a dozen for around 60 cent at my food lion).
>>
>>9095703
Get a bag of rice
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.