[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what's the difference between a "seasoned cast iron

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 20170624_184316.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170624_184316.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
what's the difference between a "seasoned cast iron skillet" and a dirty skillet

Pic related this one's mine and I don't know if it's seasoned or dirty
>>
File: 02-7.jpg (159KB, 847x636px) Image search: [Google]
02-7.jpg
159KB, 847x636px
yours is seasoned, though it's not a great quality seasoning and I personally would sand it all down and reseason it.
>>
>>9089952
>sand it all down and reseason it.

Acting as if you aren't supposed to do this in between every use of the pan.

Cast Iron is the worlds most temperamental bullshit.

Op, get yourself a real pan. A fucking non-stick pan.
>>
>>9090002
sounds like somebody is a little sour. did you try frying an egg on a cold pan and then spend an hour cleaning it off anon :(((
>>
>>9090002
kek, almost got some nice digits with that obvious bait.
>>
>>9089943
"seasoning" is a layer of oil that has been dried and cured into a hard, protective coating.
Think wood varnish, but food-safe.
It prevents the iron from rusting and even helps keep food from sticking.
Not every oil is suitable for this.

You still clean your seasoned pan regularly unless you enjoy living in squalor.
>>
>>9089943
Looks a bit dirty. You're trying to just get ool to harden into a lacquer on there basically. No crusty burnt bits. You can get that stuff off when it's still hot by scrubbing with some salt and a brush (not water obvs).
>>
>>9090027
water is fine, just don't let it stay wet after you're done washing it.

Never leave it in water, or leave it wet.

Like AT ALL wet, put it back on the burner for a minute or two to make sure the water is evaporated from the surface.

But washing it with water is fine and normal.
>>
>>9090013

No I cooked an acidic red sauce in it and it turned me autistic.
>>
>>9089943
They are twin and the same.
>>
>>9089943
Seasoned means shiny and that you can cook an egg on it.

Dirty means not shiny and not smooth and things stick to it and it doesn't get better when you cook bacon on it.
>>
all of the shit I make is high acid. Cast iron is literally worthless to me.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.