[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best frozen pizza? Pic related, good luck getting it outside

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 18

File: box-SausageMushroom_sm.png (528KB, 600x601px) Image search: [Google]
box-SausageMushroom_sm.png
528KB, 600x601px
Best frozen pizza?

Pic related, good luck getting it outside chicago though
>>
Aldi
>>
red baron
>>
>>9087226
>Let's post something regional so the vast majority will have no clue what that shit tastes like
>>
>>9087226
We got here at Dierbergs in Saint Louis. It wasn't bad. It was weird, though. I'm still not sure how I feel about it being pretty much pre-cooked and frozen. I thought the sauce was kinda bland as well.
>>
>>9087238
this, red barons can turn out pretty good.
>>
>>9087276
I love how the pepperoni curls up and gets crispy around the edges
>>
>>9087226
https://youtu.be/x09fCDjCnaM
this is best frozen pizza
>>
>>9087276
THIS
Price point and turn out...
Under five and worth it, category
>>
>>9087226
We have it in Ohio. It's pretty good, I only wish they had a few more varieties. Never pic related, but pepp, pepp/sausage, and sausage. I wish they had a supreme.
>>
File: eh.png (67KB, 544x368px) Image search: [Google]
eh.png
67KB, 544x368px
>best
>frozen
>>
>>9087226
I found this brand in Ohio once, it was shit

Red Baron is king
>>
>spending ≥ $6 on a frozen pizza
Shouldn't you just look for a good carryout deal at that point?
>>
>>9087226
Why haven't they come out with a cheese and leaves frozen meme pizza?
>>
Red Baron is really good, so is Palermo's

Digiorno is overpriced junk with a thick crust
Jack's isn't bad for the extremely low price
>>
File: 58c7e6f6dd08957b468b48fb-2400.jpg (677KB, 2400x1200px) Image search: [Google]
58c7e6f6dd08957b468b48fb-2400.jpg
677KB, 2400x1200px
I always end up coming back to my first love.

>dat crispy crust
>dat zesty sauce
>dat generous amount of cheese
>over 500g of pizza for under $4

Sure the $6-7 frozen pizzas taste better, but at that point, you might as well get a fresh pizza from Papa Murphy's or something.
>>
>>9087226
Im about 7 hours from chicago and the local grocery store carries that.

Wasnt bad, but not worth the price.
>>
File: Pepperoni.png (73KB, 178x178px) Image search: [Google]
Pepperoni.png
73KB, 178x178px
>>9087276
They had a self rising crust for a while that was good.

I still like the brick oven red baron stuff, but it pisses me off when pizza doesnt come with a cardboard round.

>>9088892
This is good too. I prefer the Garlic Bread crust though. Around me its the same price as regular tombstone but has more weight due to the thicker crust.

Jacks has been my goto frozen recently. Its cheap, good, and has a cracker thin crust.
>>
For me, it's Totinos
>>
File: cpk.jpg (83KB, 592x620px) Image search: [Google]
cpk.jpg
83KB, 592x620px
Op didn't post the best frozen pizza.
>>
>>9089041
The smoked gouda in these really overpowers the flavors of everything else.
>>
Dr Oetker's the best
>>
File: cpk.jpg (78KB, 592x620px) Image search: [Google]
cpk.jpg
78KB, 592x620px
>>9089048
eh, all pepperoni pizza's suck. I meant to post this one.
>>
File: pizzaburgerhotdogmitstoererpng.png (243KB, 368x380px) Image search: [Google]
pizzaburgerhotdogmitstoererpng.png
243KB, 368x380px
>>9089067
Explain this bullshit.
>>
>>9087238
Mah nigga
>>
IT'S WILD MIKES YOU ABSOLUTE CHILDREN

IT IS THE PERFECT JUNCTION OF FLAVOR COST AND SIZE
>>
>>9089177
i've literally never even seen that before and had no idea it existed

thank god their actual pizzas are amazing
>>
>>9089177

What?
>>
>>9089201
>>9089203
I have no fucking clue, except that I think it's a European thing.
>>
>>9089224
yeah i'm A FUCKING LEAF (tm) and we have thin crust pizzas and regular pizzas (which they really just bought from mccain but whatever)

though i would certainly try the pizzaburger just to say i did
>>
>>9087238
>>9087276
This is a shit meme. Red baron tastes like cardboard and sodium
>>
>>9089268
>this is a shit element of a culture or system of behaviour passed from one individual to another by imitation or other non-genetic means.
Maybe.
>>
>>9089184
this tbqh
>>
>>9087226
I'm in Texas and the stores here only carry the cheese & pepperoni ones. $9 for a frozen pie with virtually no variety isn't worth it.

Signature Select is my go-to brand since it goes on sale every other week and can have rewards points make it even cheaper.
>>
File: rainbow_salamipizza.jpg (19KB, 320x293px) Image search: [Google]
rainbow_salamipizza.jpg
19KB, 320x293px
>>9087226
Pic related. Store brand from Binland. It's super cheap, only 1.5 euros. I just add a bit of cheese, onion, extra peppers, jalapeños, and maybe some bacon or sausage and I get a god tier meal for very cheap.

I also add Worcestershire and siracha sauces. Fuck I'm salivating.
>>
Jack's because I can get them for $2.50 on sale, $3 regular
>>
>>9089177
I saw it once. Didn't buy it. It was like €6, when most frozen pizza is €2-3.
>>
>>9089514
I mainly just want to understand why in God's name anyone would ever think a "pizzaburger" is a good idea.
>>
I'm an expert on this. Ignore everyone else.

Tombstone Pizza was good until I realized it is absolute garbage. DO NOT GET TOMBSTONE. Once or less a year.

Freschetta Brick Oven - used to be OK. I'd eat this once or less a year.

Newman's Own: I used to think their thin crust pizzas were good. They're aight. I actually had a bad experience with them and I can tell you, fuck Newmans. I'd rather have either of the above two pizzas.

California Kitchen: I used to think these were good, like Newmans. They appeared around the same time. Hint: they aren't. They're shit. I'd rather have Tombstone/Freschetta brick oven. BTW, Tombstone used to make a think crust pepperoni brick oven style pizza that was really good, but I haven't seen it in stores for a long time. Not that I'd buy it.

Private Selection Pepperoni: appeared around the same time as Newman/California pizzas. It's OK. I wouldn't eat it ever again over Tombstone though, seriously.

Home Run In: if you live around Ill you can try these. I thought it was good at first: it isn't. It's odd. Overrated. Actually they're OK. I'd eat it if someone else made it, but I'll never actually purchase one of these again. The sauce is nasty DESU.

Ginos Deep Dish Frozen: same as above re around Illinois pizzas, absoltue fucking shit. DO NOT BUY THESE.

Now, for the big surprise: I used to think Dijournos was absolute shit, in fact I hated it. People would get it, and I'd say it's fucking garbage. I hated Dijournos. Seriously, like a vendetta. I thought Freschetta, Newman, California Kitchen, Private Selection, and even Tombstone were better.

I WAS WRONG. I got their SUPREME style pizza and I am fucking hooked. In fact, I'd eat it any time now. It's 550 or so, I think, and you get two meals out of it. I put red pepper flakes on it. It's good, seriously. I never realized how wrong I was. You have to get the SUPREME kind with the bigger crust and trust me, it's fucking good with red pepper flakes.
>>
Tombstone/Freschetta for children

Home Run In, Cali Kitchen, Newman for teenagers

Dijournos for adults
>>
>>9089665
So basically, don't eat any frozen pizza aside from supreme "Dijourno" with red pepper flakes
>>
>>9089671
if you have money to blow, I would say you can get this Screamin Sicilian brand that's really good now and then, but EXTREMELY salty. it's for lazy folks only though, and honestly at this price point you'd rather just get something else. I think it's like 8 bucks. honestly, it's pretty fresh, the ingredients are all real. it's pretty fucking good for a frozen pizza.

also, there are certain stores that make these sort of homemade pizza you can pop in the oven, but that doesn't quite as much qualify.

I really do recommend the Supreme Dijourno with pepper flakes - I won't ever get another brand aside from that. it hits the spot, fills you up, tastes like real pizza, and serves you twice making it roughly 250 per half pizza. this is good advice.

don't waste your time on the other shit tier lying fake pizzas
>>
File: 11190-box-l.png (780KB, 750x640px) Image search: [Google]
11190-box-l.png
780KB, 750x640px
>>9089695
What about the pizzeria line?
Any good? it's cheap on sale for 4.99.
>>
>>9089737
It's pretty good I think. Honestly I went through a phase where I thought those smaller pizzas like California Kitchen were really good, and Newman's Own, and also that one above. They're OK. For some reason something about them grosses me out. Something about the sauce, cheese, and crust just seeming nasty. With the super thick crust on the Dijourno for some reason that gross factor isn't there for me. The crust is actually very tasty.
>>
>>9089695
I had one of these recently because it was on sale. Lots of toppings, and pretty good flavor (especially the cheese blend), but it didn't cook evenly, and the crust was kind of bad. Won't be getting one again.

>>9089671
Every once in a while when I'm drunk I'll get the supreme Digiorno with the cheese-stuffed crust. It's amazing when it's fresh out of the oven, but you have to eat it quick. Anyway, Digiorno is great, but you've got to get it when it's on sale (and it very often is at my grocer).

>>9089665
You're missing Red Baron. Best quality/price ratio. Some "expert" you are.

>>9089071
I refused to try it for the longest time because fuck California and their pizza "style," but it's actually pretty good for a frozen thin crust.

>>9087232
They do have a few surprisingly good premade foods, but Mama Cozzi pizza is not one of them.
>>
>>9089665
Digiorno's shill pls. Dishitno's is awful. The sauce is tasteless, the toppings are tasteless, the crust is overbearing, and they never cook evenly. I've tried every variety and the only one that isn't total garbage is the spicy chicken and even that one is bad. I would honestly rather a microwaved Totino's.
>>
File: 1402351651014.jpg (2MB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1402351651014.jpg
2MB, 2560x1600px
>>9090048
> I would honestly rather a microwaved Totino's

You could have made a good point but overplayed your hand kid. Digiorno Pizza has to be cooked properly to be any good first of all. I often can't get the crust cooked all the way unless I semi defrost it before throwing it in the oven which is against the directions. Had to learn this the hard way a couple times. Also don't buy the supreme pizza like some lazy faggot. All the frost and shit on the vegies add too much liquid when heated and fucks with the cooking process. If you can actually cook then you already have jalapenos, onions, mushrooms, bell peppers, etc. and don't need that shit on there prematurely.

Often the deal is 2 for $10 and the pizza is great for that price. You admited to having a shit pallet while talking shit on a good frozen pizza you totinos eating embodiment of the pathetic American cuisine. Its frozen, its going to have flaws.

I bet you think Papa Jons and Dominos are good pizzas because your fat as fuck excuse for parents ordered that your whole childhood with garlic cheese breadsticks, extra garlic sauce, and "a diet coke so that you don't get fat."

I recommend that you stick to throwing bagel bites in the microwave you fat bitch nigger or to eating mommy's left over Papa Jons pizza thinking you're some gourmet chef with a respectable palate when in fact you're a plump Cheetos eating mountain dew drinking lard of fat.
>>
>>9087226
tried multiple varieties of Home Run Inn hoping one would be good. They're all trash
>>
>>9089737
>>9089695
these are really good
>>
>>9090048
I used to think Digiorno was bad honest to God. I got the Supreme and put red pepper flakes on it and I honestly think it's the only frozen pizza I've ever genuinely enjoyed eating. I got another one the next day and would get it weekly if I had no dietary worries. It's that good. I'll probably ruin it though.

I used to feel the same way about Freschetta brick oven pizzas, but got really sick of them from eating them way too much.

Also, Stoufers Bread Pizza is really good but not in the same league whatsoever.

I really need to try Red Baron though. I highly doubt it comes close to Dijournos.

TO BE CLEAR: SUPREME ONLY. You need the green peppers, sausage, and olives to really make it taste good. Plain Pep Digiorno is bad and I never really liked it. I sound like a shill right now but I'm trying to balance the negative shit I said about D in the past.
>>
The shill might be on to something...
Americas test kitchen tested it high.
https://www.cookscountry.com/videos/3040-frozen-pepperoni-pizza
>>
File: DiGiorno-Pizzeria-Thin[1].jpg (580KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
DiGiorno-Pizzeria-Thin[1].jpg
580KB, 500x750px
>>9087226
>home run inn
>regional

nigger I live in the fucking south and walmart carries these

They're also terrible

Best frozen pizza I ever had was a Digornio Thincrust Pizzeria. Sadly I can't find it anymore - I can find thincrust, and I can find Pizzeria, but I can't find the thincrust pizzeria.

Before that I was really into Palermo's Own for a bit, specifically their thincrust special pepperoni.
>>
>>9090416
>https://www.cookscountry.com/videos/3040-frozen-pepperoni-pizza
I know it's hard to believe but I'm not shilling. My experience realy was that positive. That said I'm sure if they got a genuinely positive rap then they'd stop making them as good. Can't say I really care. I just love the crunchy crust with those red pepper flakes though. I'm a sucker for that taste. It's quite good. I'm not even making this up, it's fucking good.
>>
File: ppisa.jpg (53KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
ppisa.jpg
53KB, 450x450px
>>9089018
>This is how you know you don't know how to party.
They come in a bag now. Get with the times.
>>
>>9090416
yeah i knew what each one of those was before the end. they undercooked the Freschetta. it's never like that when you cook it right. stupid.
>>
>>9090441
Totinos is gas station / cafeteria food

I had it one time and honestly it wasn't like disgusting or inedible, it's just something I would literally NEVER pay money to eat
>>
>>9090377
>>9090407
Digiorno's is bad no matter what you say. It's largely established that it is one of the worst tasting frozen pizzas on the market.
>>
>>9090665
okay OP. Nice samefagging
>>
I actually really like DiGiorno Stuffed Crust. Not the best I've ever eaten but good stuff. I've only really had the kinds with meat on them like Pepperoni and Bacon Cheeseburger (which is just sausage & bacon bits on it) and such.

Rising Crust DiGiorno sucks though. It's not just the crust, it's the whole make of the pizza. It's different and it just tastes worse and has a bad mouth feel.
>>
>>9087226
the flavor of Home Run Inn pizza dough is the best you'll fine in frozen pizza. Period. But the texture of the crust is too stiff. Like hard tack or some kind of tough cracker.
>>
if you think that California Kitchen and Home Run Inn are better than Digiornos, you haven't eaten properly. They taste like fucking preservatives. I can taste it.

Digiornos tastes right. It doesn't taste like Frozen food. and honestly that's all I care about. Sure, Home Run Inn might taste good at first, but eat a few pieces and it starts to taste like some kind of lab experiment.

Digiornos doesn't taste like a lab experiment to me.
>>
Seems like Digiorno PR dept is working overtime.

Your pizza sucks. Everything about it sucks. You need to change everything about yourselves. Start with your shitty sauce and your retarded crust that is waaaay too thick.
>>
File: 1450987527652.jpg (55KB, 717x720px) Image search: [Google]
1450987527652.jpg
55KB, 717x720px
>>9087226
I've had this brand before and it raised many questions, foremost of which is: what kind of God forsaken hell hole is Chicago that it could spawn a frozen pizza to rival even the barons in its complete and utter inedibility
The chicago home run inn is satan's atelier and he has created a masterpiece in order to fuel his genocide of all things just and righteous on this earth
>>
File: 1479422481355.jpg (162KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1479422481355.jpg
162KB, 1024x576px
>>9087238
The contract is sealed.

You and I are now friends.
>>
File: pirkka.jpg (359KB, 987x1000px) Image search: [Google]
pirkka.jpg
359KB, 987x1000px
>>
File: brewpubpizza.png (851KB, 1024x691px) Image search: [Google]
brewpubpizza.png
851KB, 1024x691px
>>
>>9092544
I concur whole heartedly, the sausage and mushroom is the best frozen pizza.
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.