[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Is this a pine? >No, sir >Does it has any apples?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 9

File: pineapple-04.gif (487KB, 900x1691px)
pineapple-04.gif
487KB, 900x1691px
>Is this a pine?
>No, sir

>Does it has any apples?
>No apples either, sir

>Perfect. Let's call it pineapple
>Brilliant, sir

What the fuck?
Also fucked up naming thread
>>
>>9077214
but it looks like a pinecone
>>
see
>>
>>9077214
Kids these days
>>
>>9077223
This, and the term was actually started by French explorers who named every fucking thing an apple. Pomme de terre and shit.
>>
>>9077229
and they think fish is a fruit
fruits de mer
>>
which came first, the pine and the apple or the pineapple? what if the fruit part is a apple and the weird alien tree hat is the pine?
>>
>>9077223
>>9077227
how drunk do you have to be

>>9077229
I mean, I guess as drunk as a french, but still. what. fucking frenchies...
>>
KIdney Beans LoOLoLOlIlLol amirote?
Me no take human anatomy classes
>>
The egg plant.....
Im from south thailand
When a women asks for a cucumber 99% of the time Im copulating that a$$
>>
File: the-ultimate-hamburger.jpg (167KB, 1000x684px) Image search: [Google]
the-ultimate-hamburger.jpg
167KB, 1000x684px
>isn't ham
>isn't a burgher

inb4 it comes from Hamburg. Wrong!
>>
Not food related, but I know a nigress named Amyanique (pronounced like "I'm unique"). Bitch has an identical twin sister named Tiajwana (no: not like the city, Tiajuana. No. It's "Tia J'wanna").

>>9077229
Then why ananas?
>>
>>9077283
Ananas is the native island term for the fruit, everyone adopted it to their language.
>>
File: immature eggplant.jpg (87KB, 540x405px) Image search: [Google]
immature eggplant.jpg
87KB, 540x405px
>>9077262
But anon...
>>
>>9077282
It does indeed originate in Hamburg, monganon.
>>
File: eggcream.jpg (26KB, 616x462px) Image search: [Google]
eggcream.jpg
26KB, 616x462px
Milk + chocolate syrup + seltzer = "egg cream"
???
>>
>>9077282
The Patty comes from Hamburg, putting it in bread with condiments was invented in America.

So calling it a hamburger is pretty fitting.
>>
>>9077214
That's ananas though.
>>
>>9077299
>putting it in bread with condiments was invented in America.
keep telling yourself that.
>>
>>9077298
That sounds disgusting.
>>
>>9077305
Do you have a single source saying otherwise? I'd honestly like to know because I just googled it and all three articles said it originated as a chop steak in Hamburg then was put on a bun for American factory workers so they didn't have to fiddle around with cutlery during their short breaks or hold the meat with their hand.
>>
>hops
>doesn't jump
>>
>>9077322
You have to hop to pick it, it grows very tall.
>>
File: hard-tack-300x263.png (165KB, 300x263px) Image search: [Google]
hard-tack-300x263.png
165KB, 300x263px
>>9077322

>tack
>doesn't stick things to the notice board
>>
>grits
>isn't used to as a means to sort sandpaper
>>
the arrangement of words "chicken fried steak" confused me for some time before I found out it meant cotoletta or schnitzel
>>
>>9077358
you mean cutlet
>>
>>9077369

any "cut" of meat that is taken off another "cut" of meat is a "cutlet", but congratulations on trying to be special and pedantic.
>>
>>9077298
As far as I know, it originates in Philly where it was made with egg, chocolate syrup and /cream soda/ (rather than seltzer), called "chocolate egg cream soda," a name which makes sense for its ingredients. It was made popular by a Philadelphia doctor, Philip Physick, in the early 1800s, believing it to help with gastric disorders (ulcers, in particular). His included egg, but not chocolate, and was appropriately called "egg cream soda."
Someone sometime later added chocolate syrup to this mixture of cream soda + egg. There are few places, even in Philadelphia, which still make it this way, though you can find a handful which ape at an imitation, using powdered egg instead of whole.

Not a dig at Jewish cheapness but more due to turn of the century Jewish poverty, New York Jews swapped out the cream soda for seltzer and the egg for milk because those ingredients were cheaper at the time. NY being a bigger, more influential city, this variant caught on.
>>
File: 1488668103573.png (195KB, 1328x1300px) Image search: [Google]
1488668103573.png
195KB, 1328x1300px
ananas
>>
>Peanuts
Not a nut, be botanically related to peas, so i guess it's a draw, but still, why no name it properly? Same in German: Erdnüsse. Literally earthnuts, same thing. Grows in the earth, but it's not a nut.

Also, Potatoes (just like in french) can also be called Erdäpfel - earthapples. Again, nothing to do with fucking apples. some dialects call them earthpears, at least that's closer to what their form is.
>>
>>9077422
Pamplemousse
>>
File: muskatnuss.jpg (47KB, 1336x851px) Image search: [Google]
muskatnuss.jpg
47KB, 1336x851px
>>9077466
Muskatnuss!!
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaW4mUf2xOs
>>
>>9077234
Fish is poisson. Fruits de mer are everything else (seashell and crustaceans).

>>9077229
It's ananas in French like in every language but English.
>>
>>9077449
well, the green "fruits" of a potato look similiar to apples
>>
>>9077504
not any less retarded
>>
>>9077449
>>9077848
french just have a boner for apples
>get tomatoes from the west indies
>THIS LOOKS LIKE A GOLDEN APPLE, GUISE
>>
>>9077214
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOBhf8f7cXM
>>
It looks line a pinecone, which was originally called a pine apple, in reference to it being the "fruit" of the pine tree.
Don't be obtuse.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.