[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the biggest bill you've ever had yourself or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 5

File: nandoswings_rapman.png (661KB, 663x628px) Image search: [Google]
nandoswings_rapman.png
661KB, 663x628px
What's the biggest bill you've ever had yourself or witnessed spent on a meal?
>>
I once ordered around 350~ pizzas for a summer camp. Worked out to like $2.50 per pizza.
>>
>>9075181
From a delivery place or frozen?
>>
>>9075213
it's digiorno lol xD
>>
Managed to run about a $1k bartab once
>>
>>9075161
Went to Rick Stein's restaurant in Cornwall like 14 years ago... bill came to like £200 or something I think... that was for 4 of us.
Fucking dank food though... had a shark vindaloo.
>>
>>9075161
$120,000

A rich relative's wedding reception dinner bill
>>
>>9075296
How
>>
>>9075302
A thousand people with an open bar?
>>
>>9075161
About $140 at a bar for a friends bachelor party. Between buying myself drinks and my friends drinks it added up pretty quick. We had fun though.

Never really thought I would enjoy high class restaurants where you're paying >$100 a meal, so I've never had a tab for food anywhere near that.
>>
>>9075311
It's about $100/bottle for hard liquor and easily $350 for a bottle of Johnny Walker Blue in asia.
Was not aware of this until me and about 10 buddies had gone through a few bottles.
>>
>>9075161
Never heard of that place
>>
>>9075301
>shark vindaloo

I didn't realise how much I wanted that until I heard it. Yum
>>
>>9075351
>Hasn't heard of Nandos

For real? Their chicken is fucking awesome.

Burgers and pitas are nice too but they're overpriced for what you get.
>>
Went to fancy restaurant that was doing $5 appetizers with some friends.
Spent $200 on tiny appetizers and martinis.

Me and a buddy were still hungry, so we each ordered a steak.
One of the other girls with us was wasted and threw up in the bathroom. I left $100 tip for the poor girl working there who had to clean it up.

I think we ended up spending like $500.
>>
>myself
$144 ish at a Fogo de Chao but the service was so bad that I didn't tip and I got a $100 gift card back so I don't know if it counts.

>witnessed
Probably shit like graduation dinners with family, I think they usually run $300-400, maybe more.
>>
>>9075372
This sounds like the best night. What restaurant was it? Can I ogle the menu?
>>
Down in Florida I bought a seafood pizza that had shrimp and lobster toppings. The thing cost me like 35 dollars.
>>
>>9075315
A couple hundred people

Ridiculous six course meal prepared by a locally well-known chef and his staff
>>
Peanuts compared to some others itt, but I ran up a $165 tab at a shitty hick town strip club.
That was a lot of money to me back then, the receipt was hilarious, I honestly don't remember ordering 4 shots of rumplemintz.
>>
>>9075161
My parents and I usually get up to $150 or so when we go out for dinner. I can't think of any occasions when I've spent more than that much.

>>9075342
What were you expecting? A bottle of Blue Label retails for around $250, so that's actually a pretty good price for bottle service.

>>9075351
Not even from the "cheeky Nandos with the lads" meme?
>>
>>9075367
West-coast fag here. I've literally never heard of "nandos".
>>
>>9075472
Eaat-coast fag here. Me neither.
>>
>>9075472
>>9075491
Even Red Deer, AB has a Nandos. What kind of flyover-tier town are you from?
>>
File: Washington.jpg (325KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Washington.jpg
325KB, 1920x1200px
>>9075501
>>
I thought Nando's was an Australian chain
>>
>>9075509
there are plenty places better than nandos in your related picture
>>
>>9075520
I'm sure there are, I was just responding to the quoted post.
>>
>>9075367
I never heard of it until I visited Arlington back in March.
The chicken by itself is pretty good. They had some sauces and shit you could drizzle on the bird, but I didn't bother.
>>
>solo
About 60$ and this place called Bobo in downtown NYC. Alcohol was half the bill which I pretty much never do except that tun,

The most I spent was 300$ on a Valentine's Day dinner with me and my GF at a place called Claudette in SoHo. It was a 3-course menu at 95$ each. It was one of the best meals of my life and I eat out alot but I know it was a little over priced. Probably would have been 200 at most on a different day
>>
File: west-coast-nandos.jpg (137KB, 672x592px) Image search: [Google]
west-coast-nandos.jpg
137KB, 672x592px
>>9075509
There's lots of Nandos on the west coast.
>>
>>9075534
>Canada

Ah, no wonder I've never heard of it.
>>
>>9075161

Used to work at Delmonicos. Bar tab alone was $16,000 with Petrus and Krug flowing like water to Derek Jeter and his mother/siblings/cousins etc etc etc. $100,000+ evening for party of 30ish. All on booze, maybe $1,000 on food.
>>
Around $300 for my sister's bachelorette party, but since there was six of us it wasn't that bad to split. The bars in the area had ridiculously priced drinks though, I think it was $12 just for a bottle of water
>>
>>9075501
I'm in NC. Small town.
>>
Once at a party a bunch of us pitched in and bought ~$300 of KFC.
>>
We went through about $8,000 at dinner with Google in Vegas for... 10 people? I'm pretty sure I drank two bottles of Dom Perignon by myself and I took it easier than most.

One of the perks of my job is that companies are always in town treating me to this crazy shit, because I spend millions of dollars in advertising money with them. But, like, it gets to a point where you're just fucking exhausted of going out and standing on occasion and would just rather go home, pet your dog on the head, and unironically eat a McChicken.
>>
>>9075367

They have a bunch here in Ottawa
>>
>it's a half of the posters in a thread are rich episode
>>
>>9075161
$850. Took my wife to The Mansion on Turtle Creek in Dallas. The food and drink were good. The service was excellent.
>>
>>9075301
50 per person in an upscale restaurant isn't that high

50 per person in any establishment is not that high...

how poorfag is /ck/?
>>
>>9075450
>What were you expecting?
I wasn't expecting to pay $120 for a bottle of grey goose
>>
>>9075973
>50 per person in any establishment is not that high...
Spend $50/person at Red Robin and tell me that wouldnt be insane to do.
>>
>>9075976
A burger at Red Robin is 11-15 bucks. Toss in 3-4 cocktails and you're easily at $50 for one person.

It's a really lame place to buy a lot of drinks and a subpar burger. That same budget would get you better quality elsewhere. At least in the drinks department.

But in the end, $50 isn't a lot for one person to spend on a night out.
>>
>>9075980
>drinking watered down restaurant cocktails
douzo, lad
>>
>>9075161
like 2000 for 5 people

but they bought a bunch of fancy booze
>>
>>9075983
It happens all the time. I worked at a Red Robin at the end of Bar Row, in a downtown location. The only food place in walking distance of all the bars. People will throw back so many watery cosmos and freckled martinis like you wouldn't believe.
>>
>>9075998
>>9075983
where can you even go to get non-watered down drinks? The only place outside of making them myself that actually had good, wholesome drinks was a cruise ship's rum bar.
>>
>>9075407
Did you enjoy it?
>>
Dinner for three ran a $250 bill at Juniper and Ivy. Was totally worth it though
>>
>>9076016
A high class/high end bar, or the polar opposite--a shitty as fuck hole in the wall with a lot of older guys in it. Both extremes of the spectrum are guaranteed to have strong pours.
>>
>>9075161
spent $75 on my gf at the time at some japanese food place called squid ink. i think thats the most ive spent eating out at one time, i cant remember anything else at the moment, but ive got this feeling that ive spent more at one point.

she wasnt worth the money. i must have dropped at least $800 minimum on the one year we dated, and this is us as recent high school graduates. that was a lot to me at the time.
>>
>>9076028
$75 at a Japanese place, eh? So that bought you maybe a pound of fish, total. Japanese restaurants are a complete racket. Avoid any females who say they love sushi or want to frequent sushi/Japanese restaurants. They are basic cunts and will never be worth your time or money. Invest in women who can think critically about their food choices and not just desire things because they are pretty, expensive and hip.
>>
>>9076037
But sushi is deicious
>>
>>9076028
California?
>>
>>9075530
>Bobo

Ayy I like that restaurant. I live not far from there. Very well-executed French stuff.
>>
$1000 at Daniel (solo dinner, had a half bottle of Bordeaux from 1970). Was exquisite, the dishes were actually memorable unlike many Michelin-starred places. Leeks grilled tableside, a saddle of venison coated with sumac, and the perfect little madeleines at the end of the meal were a few memorable bits.
>>
>>9076039
>getting scammed for a miniscule portion of fish and rice because muh artistry, muh cultural enrichment
>>
File: cells-reaction-face.jpg (28KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
cells-reaction-face.jpg
28KB, 350x350px
>brother's bachelor party in austin
>Classy steakhouse called perry's
>All of us annihilated but keeping it together except one fucking guy
>buddy is one-eyeing it drunk and clapping to get the server's attention shouting
"Girl.
Girl.
Girl.
Beers.
We need beers.
Girl
>Somehow we don't get kicked out
>bill comes out and i grab it to get us the fuck out without looking
>bestmansavingtheday.flv
>brought back and i have to tip on top of $685
>brother doesn't even remember making it inside.
>>
$1.5k from some fancy sushi restaurant

It's remarkable since that's a monthly income of an average office worker there.
>>
>>9076145
>$1000 for a single meal
>>
>>9075294
That's not what you said last time..
>>
>>9075973
Im a poorfag but i know the difference in prices. The gastropub near me has cheap, but fucking amazing burgers on Sundays. Every other day is high quality meals for about a 100$ a pop. I don't really go there because of that.
>>
over 1000$ when my entire family gathered for my grandma's birthday

thats 20+ people
>>
>>9076642
>I'm so poor I can't even imagine spending that much in one night
>>
>>9075161
60 bucks at this local seafood inn. I had shrimp stuffed lobster and some roasted veggies with a chocolate pie slice. I love living next to the coast.
>>
>>9076679
>i spend $1000 on my own food in a single meal
Do Americans really do this?
>>
>>9075335
>>9075296
Bartab is my hieght too, but I don't know the exact amount. I just remember like 8 people paying 30 or 40 dollars each.
>>
>>9075501
The only Nando's I've ever seen was in MD, at Katsucon
>>
Never heard of Nando's either. Apparently, they are a foreign chain.
>>
File: IMG_1702.jpg (386KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1702.jpg
386KB, 800x600px
>>9075161
A couple of hundred dollars at this seafood and steak place. They're very well known for their martinis as well. The view is amazing here. It looks out along the Oceanside pier. The only restaurant I've been at with a better view was in Ocho Rios.

I highly recommend the place if you're in the San Diego area.
Pic very related.
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.