[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Garlic press or just crush and chop with a knife? I can see the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: 1497615631294.png (84KB, 449x498px) Image search: [Google]
1497615631294.png
84KB, 449x498px
Garlic press or just crush and chop with a knife?
I can see the garlic press being useful to puree the garlic
>>
The flavour is different. Use each where appropriate.
>>
>>9073048
For a garlic and sourcream dressing?
>>
>>9073043
just get a nice knife and a stone to sharpen it
or for puree garlic get a mortar
>>
>>9073043
Just smack it with your knife.

If you want it in large pieces then smack it gently. If you want it in smaller pieces the smack it harder.
>>
>>9073043
There's few things in this world as satisfying as squeezing a garlic press with a clove loaded in. Though >>9073048 is right, there are times when crushing it with a knife is better. However I'd argue it's the texture that's really different. Use the press for sauces and soups where you want to leave the garlic in.
>>
OP are you a girl?
>>
>>9073043
is there a full version of this pic and/or a source upon which it was based on?
>>
File: p21512_p_v8_ad.jpg (178KB, 960x1440px) Image search: [Google]
p21512_p_v8_ad.jpg
178KB, 960x1440px
>>9073072
You'd have to do that anyway to peal it before using a press or a ricer. I typically just knife it, it's prep work so it's not like the type of thing you would do in an emergency situation.

>Put on tunes
>Knife your garlic
>Put it in a side dish
>Move on with your entree
>>
puree garlic = add kosher salt to garlic and smear with knife after dicing.
>>
>>9073086
>wanting to jerk it to emoji r34
>>
>>9073043
I used to have a press, but I came to dislike the flavor of what came out of it - pulverizing the garlic like that makes the flavor too aggressive. For my taste most dishes are better using more finely chopped garlic than less pulverized.
>>
There's no definitive answer, since you need different methods for different dishes. But generally if I need to mince it, garlic press 100% of the time. Takes next to no effort to use and clean after.

If I'm making a curry or stir fry, garlic press all day.

>>9073067
>mortar
Kek
>>
>>9073208

I find that the smack-with-knife method is substantially faster than the press, and has even easier cleanup.

I don't know why garlic presses even exist.
>>
>>9073222
Presses release pretty much all of the juices, makes your garlic go a little further. That and it's just so enjoyable to hear and feel that wet crunch.
>>
>>9073229
>Presses release pretty much all of the juices,
To me this ruins the flavor by making it too aggressive.
>>
Neither.

GET TO DA CHOPPAH
>>
>>9073222
All I have to do is rinse it out after use. Same as a knife/board.
>>9073222
To make lots of garlic paste quickly.
>>
>>9073166
yes
>>
>>9073043
You can also use a zester to really get a good sharp garlic flavor. Just grate the whole clove. I do this for sauces.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.