[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>have a crockpot >only has two settings >high and low

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: SCCPVI600-S-1.jpg (25KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
SCCPVI600-S-1.jpg
25KB, 500x500px
>have a crockpot
>only has two settings
>high and low
>Set to low and put in thermometer with food
>over 190 fahrenheit

How am I supposed to use this if it overcooks all meat?
>>
>>9071223
Most tough cuts of meat get tender at 190F actually, which is what a crockpot is best for. If you're using chicken breast or pork loin you're better off just doing it in a regular pot until it's cooked through, which won't take long anyway.
>>
>>9071223
You use it to braise cheap cuts of meat or slowly simmer sauces all day. You don't try to cook a steak to medium-rare in it.
>>
>>9071255
The breakdown of collagen into gelatin is actually a function of temperature and time. You don't really have to get the meat to 190 to get tender. That is just temperature that the meat reaches when stuck in a 225 degree smoker for 10 hours. If you sous-vide a pork butt for 36 hours at 165 degrees it is about to fall apart as there is absolutely no connective tissue left.
>>
Where did all the threads just go?
>>
Make yourself a roast.
Trust me, you'll thank me when you've got deliciously juicy meat and soft carrots and potatoes.
Crock pots saved my life.
>>
>>9071550
>Crock pots saved my life.

Care to share anon?
>>
>>9071346
Interesting, thanks for clarifying. If you've cooked one like that before, how does it taste after cooking for 36 hours? Does it still taste as "fresh" as one cooked at 225F for 10 hours?
>>
Is there really any reason to own a Crockpot if you have a Pressure Cooker?

I mean I guess if you're planning to take it to parties a Crockpot has the simple opening system but still Pressure Cookers do so much more.
>>
>>9071593
No, crockpots are stupid garbage.

Also, the low and high only refer to how quickly it gets to operating temp, should be slow and fast. The temperature it ultimately reaches is the same. Mine also has a warm setting, no idea what temperature that goes to.
>>
>>9071223
just use a dutch oven.
>>
>>9071223
Sounds like a real crock of shit
>>
>>9071559
Okay, maybe they didn't SAVE my life
But I got to eat a ton of meat without spending a ton on a few steaks. For like, fifteen dollars total the whole family gets to eat AND we have leftovers for the next few days.
>>
>>9071571
Oh, it is much better as you don't get the moisture loss. You still need to smoke it after sous-videing it, but you can do that at 250-300 for 1-2 hours. Just enough to get a bark and impart the smokey goodness. You can get a heavier layer of smoke per time with the higher temps. You can even "pull" it in a under minute with two forks. It is a far superior product to the traditional way.

t. A guy that comes from a family that that has done it the traditional way (sometimes professionally) in Georgia for 150 years.
>>
>>9071651
Figurative use of the word save is cool too. I replied on the off chance that you actually did have a really cool story like you suffered an injury that didn't allow you to use a grill / stove as you could not feel burns anymore but couldn't afford otherwise.
>>
>>9071653
Sounds cool, I appreciate the response. I've wanted to try sous-vide with eggs because I love a perfectly cooked egg, but they sound really good if you have the time for other things too.
>>
>>9071657
Or if he got shot at and a bullet got stuck in the pot . Pic related
>>
>not buying a proper multivarka with fine-grained temperature control and time-varying cooking programs
>>
>>9071622
Oh, you :)
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.