[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I make alfredo sauce? I have a quart of heavy cream and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: sicilian.jpg (50KB, 528x960px) Image search: [Google]
sicilian.jpg
50KB, 528x960px
How do I make alfredo sauce? I have a quart of heavy cream and I want to use it all.
>>
I guess just add salt and garlic? Maybe a pinch of sugat?
>>
>>9067063
I guess I just wanna hear some anon's tips or favorite way

Do I saute the garlic?

In our shop we only keep salted butter in stock, is it OK to use or should I grab some unsalted butter?

We have an abundance of fresh basil, should I use some in the sauce?

I've worked here for almost 4 years and I'm the manager now. I started here with almost no experience and now I have regulars that will only order food that I cook. There's a lot I don't know about cooking, but I try hard at everything I do. Alfredo isn't on the menu but we get requests sometimes, and employees want it too. Actually I'm quitting soon and this is one of a few things I want to experiment with before I move on to something bigger. This week I'm gonna season pizza screens for the first time too. I guess it's kind of like a pizza shop bucket list.

brb
>>
I make chicken alfredo probably twice a month for years now. This is the recipe for alfredo sauce.

Melt 1 stick butter in a pan over med heat

Add couple tablespoons of minced garlic - let it mellow for a couple minutes to infuse

Add a little tub of cream cheese or half a stick of it and whisk it into the butter and let it heat through for another couple mins.

Add 1 quart heavy cream and whisk it altogether.

Let heat through for about 10mins or so whisking frequently.

Reduce heat to low, add seasonings to taste (italian seasoning works well but I make blackened chicken alfredo a lot so I add some blackened spice in at this point)

Whisk in about 1 and a half to 2 cups parmesan a handful at a time on low heat until smooth.
>>
>>9067051
>black mold on the walls

Jesus.
>>
You don't use heavy cream, you use half and half.
>>
>>9067051

"Alfreddo sauce" is an American invention, as the original "alfreddo" shit is just butter and parmigiano cheese.

A typical Merican' alfreddo is made with a butter and flour roux base, add cream to desired consistency, and then add parmigiano cheese, black pepper, salt to taste, and some nutmeg.
>>
>>9067051
watch this jollyboy cook it
>>
>>9067051
wait i forgot the link xd
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWSHbMiirv4
>>
>>9067051
Melt a half cup of butter in a saucepan.

Add a cup of Heavy cream, let it simmer for five minutes. Make sure to not boil it.

Pour in 1.5 cups of fresh grated Parmesan cheese. Whisk vigorously and pour in cheese slowly. Use quality Italian Parmesan cheese, and not that Kraft shit.

Mix in a clove of minced garlic if you want to. Same with adding some fresh flat Italian parsley.

If you're making 8 servings of pasta (as in a whole box of dried pasta), double everything.

I just made this with bits of smoked chicken, cubed bits of cooked pancetta, and cremini mushrooms cut in half.

Serve with homemade Italian bread and homemade butter.

Or buy that bit from the store, it doesn't matter.
If you use cream cheese then you're no better than Jack.
>>
>>9067191
that's not mold, the paint is just worn off
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.