[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hmm. I tried something new. Made some bread dough. >290

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 6

Hmm. I tried something new.
Made some bread dough.
>290 g of flour (2 cups and like 1/4)
>230ml(1 cup) of water
>2 table spoons of olive oil
>some salt
>table spoon of sugar
>packet of dry yeast

mixed little bit, 30 minutes of autolyse

Here is where I changed things up. instead of letting it rise for an hour or 2, kneading and letting it rise in the breadpan before baking,
I let it rise slowly in the fridge for 8 hours.

I took it out 30 minutes ago, kneaded it again, shaped it and put into a breadpan. But it's regaining volume at a slooow pace, probably looking at 1-1.5 hour of rising to get it to the size I want it to be to put it in the oven. Is this okay or did I goof?
>>
File: d33.jpg (35KB, 600x657px) Image search: [Google]
d33.jpg
35KB, 600x657px
>>9065635
Y'all going to regret not answering me when my shitty bread comes out awesome and stuff..
>>
you don't need oil in bread.
1 cup water for 3 cups of flour is about right, so you need 3/4 cup more flour.
don't need sugar either.
>>
>>9065635
>Is this okay or did I goof?
I don't know, let us know how it comes out and it will be a learning experience.
>>
>>9065883
Thanks for confirming the 2 biggest doubts about this loaf.
>>9065901
30 minutes left. in the oven =/ we'll see
>>
>>9065883
You're right he doesn't need oil or sugar but you're wrong on 1 cup of water for 3 cups of flour. 33% is far too low a hydration. When I make a simple active dry yeast bread I use 2 cups water to 4 cups flour and 1 tsp yeast. It's easy to work with at 50% hydration and still produces a light crumb. Your reccommendation for 30% hydration will produce a fucking pie crust.
>>
>>9066014
1 cup of water for three cups of flour is not 33% hydration. Hydration is measured by weight, not volume.
>>
>>9065635
Yeah, it'll be fine. A long slow rise lets the yeast develop more complex flavors. I haven't been able to taste the difference outside of whole wheat loaves, but you might be able to.
You'll want to use less yeast next time, about a teaspoon or less, the finished product will probably have a yeasty taste but will still go great with some butter or margarine.
>>
File: bread222.jpg (67KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
bread222.jpg
67KB, 720x540px
Jesus... motherfucking.; Christ.. This is the best bread I've ever made without a dutch oven. dough like I said in OP, silicone long cake pan, 220C + boiling tray of water in oven for 20 min, remove tray of water, 220C for another 15min and I got this.
>>
File: bread.jpg (47KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
bread.jpg
47KB, 480x360px
Water made for an ACTUAL crust, slow rise added some ACTUAL flavor as well as some more sophisticated flavor. I'm not going back
>>
>>9066148
How's the crumb? Chewy? Fluffy and soft? I've had success making chewy bread with a long rise, but I want to learn to make it fluffy.
>>
>>9066139
>>9066148
looks kinda shitty 2bh
>>
File: 20170516_120003.jpg (696KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20170516_120003.jpg
696KB, 2048x1152px
>>9066148
Try putting the loaf on a semolina or cornmeal sprinkled peel for the second rise and preheating the oven for 30 minutes with a stone in it and sliding the loaf onto the stone. Much harder crust. Pic is similar to your recipe without the oil and sugar where I did that.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.