[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get into seafood /ck/ ? What dishes do I start with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: 916nPps+fqL._SL1500_.jpg (411KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
916nPps+fqL._SL1500_.jpg
411KB, 1500x1500px
How do I get into seafood /ck/ ? What dishes do I start with to develop a taste?

In my mid 20s and grew up with autistic tastebuds. My whole childhood diet was tendies and burgers. Getting older my diet has been restricted to beef and chicken dishes. The idea of pork and seafood makes me gag but I've recently gotten over pork. I want to be able to eat crab, sushi, and lobster with the best of them. Advice?
>>
>>9059506
Start with fish and chips, tuna salad, and salmon burgers.
>>
>>9059518

One thing that bothers me is the expensive investment of ordering something seafoody at a restauraunt. Would you recommend Long John Silvers for instance?
>>
>>9059506
Look up recipes for fish on the bnq/charcoal grill and try the one that sounds the best to you. There are tons of sauces or marinades you can glaze your fish with, just pick one that's appetizing
>>
Try shrimp gumbo. Just sear some shrimp, add a little andouille sausage, turn the heat down and put in bell pepper, onion, and celery. Sweat a little, add old bay, s+p, oregano, and garlic. Then put butter and flour in, cool a bit and add shrimp stock or chicken stock. Add Worcestershire sauce and tobasco, let cook a bit. Wa la
>>
>>9059534
>>9059546
So are you saying there's no "entry level" dish that a lot of people roll with their first time eating it?
>>
>>9059558
I wouldn't suggest you start with oysters on the half-shell, jellied eel, stargazy pie, or sashimi, but pretty much anything with batter, spice, or soup ought to be pretty inoffensive.
>>
File: krums.jpg (41KB, 610x350px) Image search: [Google]
krums.jpg
41KB, 610x350px
>>9059526
Not him but Long John Silvers is the best kind of disgusting imo
>salty crisp batter-fry
>chicken actually takes like real meat
>shrimp and clams are good
>fries aren't shit
>THE BITS (pic related)
Best kind of trash/fast food honestly
>>
>>9059506
I dont like fishy taste too and generally avoid seafood, but very fresh fish, espetially tuna dont taste fishy at all. And in case of sushi wasabi and soy sauce overwhelm fish. So try sushi and e.g. tuna tartar.
>>
>>9059506
Crustaceans, crab and lobster if you want to splurge or shrimp if not, shrimp in particular is easy to work with a chewy sweetness similar to pork, plus they lend themselves well to what >>9059534 said, even your basic bottle of marinade from the store will work wonders.
>>
File: Lobster-Roll_MG_9159.jpg (336KB, 625x453px) Image search: [Google]
Lobster-Roll_MG_9159.jpg
336KB, 625x453px
>>9059558
>So are you saying there's no "entry level" dish that a lot of people roll with their first time eating it?

They are called Lobster Rolls for this exact reason.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.