[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Serious question here: why are germanics so fond of boiling things?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: DSC_0205.jpg (2MB, 3216x2136px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0205.jpg
2MB, 3216x2136px
Serious question here: why are germanics so fond of boiling things? It's simple and easy, and sometimes you have to do it, but I can't see any good reason to use boiling instead of another cooking method if you have the option. Its only advantage is its ability to make things soft, which might be necessary sometimes but will always come at the cost of flavor and nutrient retention. And of course boiling produces no additional flavor in food, where many other methods do (e.g. frying, roasting).

I'm not talking about braising or simmering things in flavorful liquids here, or boiling grains and pasta, but rather meats and vegetables.
>>
>foisting a falacied generalization on an entire race

Why is that so fucking NOT surprising anymore. Dumbass.
>>
>>9054944

You mean fallacious?

Dude, generalizations aren't illegal. Certain regions and cultures have distinctive habits and practices. Just how it is. I really wasn't trying to troll.
>>
>>9054953
But germanics DON'T boil everything. That's a falacy. And, I meant what I posted.
>>
>>9054960

You're weird. The word "everything" was nowhere in my post. But the cuisines of Britain, Germany, the Netherlands, and Scandinavia use boiling more often than most other regions, particularly for the foods I specified (meats and vegetables).
>>
Boiling meats and vegetables produces nutritious stock that can be drunk rather than scrubbed out of a pan, is generally safe to leave unattended or interrupt repeatedly compared to drier cooking methods, and can easily scale up to feed large groups.
>>
>>9054928
tl;dr root veggies are for poorfags mental baggage and shit modern bread

historically: root vegetables tend to soften by Feb-Mar after all the winter storing, so this is how you cook it all the way till the next harvest, you boil them right with their jackets and think what to do after
bread culture: all the soup stocks and bullions go really well with a piece of freshly baked bread but modern presliced garbage is better be substituted with a rice side to some fried stuff and we got used to it. Sad!
>>
>>9054928
hot dogs

the nyc dog is a classic for a reason. Dirty water dogs have some weird unmatched flavor, fight me
>>
Poached chicken is the best choice for sandwiches and salads, it's soft and moist.

It's the most timely method to cook root vegetables, not everyone gets to wait an hour for roasting.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.