[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Overspiced my chili. Is there a way I can decrease the spicyness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

Overspiced my chili. Is there a way I can decrease the spicyness level?
>>
>>9053951
Scrape it with a chip and add milk
>>
Add more of everything else but spice
>>
>>9053951
You can toss some peeled potatoes in there, let them cook for a while, then remove them. They will absorb some of the spice. I've seen that method discussed in multiple books but I've never tried it personally.

Your other alternative is to dilute the spice by adding more of the other ingredients (meat, mild peppers, beans if you are using them, etc.)

I hope your chili isn't as watery as that in your pic.
>>
>>9053951
Add more water, just a cup or 2 max. let it cool completely, put in the fridge for an hour or 2, then reheat. It should thicken overall and tame the spice. This is coming from a Texan that loves making chili.
>>
>>9053951
sour cream
>>
put it in the freezer for a few hours
>>
Pee in it.
>>
>>9053967
This.

Or just eat it you raging baphomet.
>>
>>9053967
Can I use mayo instead

Cause I have mayo and not sour cream
>>
>>9053951
Serve it paired with something that tempers the spiciness, like cheesy bread or salad with a creamy sauce.
>>
>>9053951
just dilute it. throw in another can of tomatos and a bottle of beer and let it cook down for a while
>>
>>9053966

Why the fuck would you add water to your chili? Why wouldn't you use something flavorful like stock, beer, tomato juice, etc?

>>This is coming from a Texan that loves making chili.
Your water suggestion makes me embarrassed to be a fellow Texan.
>>
>>9053979
Nope.

You need a dairy product. The casein in dairy products binds to the capsaicin. You need milk, cream, sour cream, creme fraiche, or cheese.
>>
>>9053951
>too spicy

you fix this by growing a pair of balls you fairy
>>
>>9053979
Despite being white, there is no dairy in sour cream. So no casein to counteract the spicy.
>>
>>9053992
Because those things should already be in there, the water is just a last ditch to even the spices. I know what I'm talking about.
>>
Add stock and water. If it gets too liquid ads starch.
>>
>>9053979
Use cum, preferably extracted from a human male
>>
>>9054140
As opposed to a human female?
>>
>>9054143

As opposed to a canine male.
>>
>>9053951
serve with rice, sour cream, avocado and a fresh tomato salsa with lime juice and coriander, should take the worst of the heat out of it.
oh and if it has a lot of oil on the surface, you should skim that off, usually holds a lot of the heat in the fat
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.