[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>mfw every gf I ever had was horrible at cooking. For me,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 185
Thread images: 22

File: thefuck.jpg (83KB, 605x450px) Image search: [Google]
thefuck.jpg
83KB, 605x450px
>mfw every gf I ever had was horrible at cooking.

For me, this is the ultimate dealbreaker.
>>
It's 2017, women don't cook anymore.
>>
>>9053312
>every gf I ever had was good at cooking
Sucks to be you, mate.
>>
>>9053333
Your mom doesn't count anon
>>
>tfw gf cooks never
>i cook
>make obscene messes
>she cleans them all
For me it is ideal
>>
>>9053312
In my 32 years of life I have not met a single woman who can cook well.
>>
>>9053312
>Shut up, go put your maid outfit back on and finish the housework. Tyrone's coming over for the evening and I want a candlelight dinner for us tonight.
>>
>>9053372
t. numale
>>
>have a white gf
>cant cook for shit
>"vegetarian" which means she thrives on redbull and vodkas and junkfood

>get mexican gf
>burns a fucking tortilla and it somehow tastes like playdough

>get filipena gf
>she never cooks
>get her to try
>she makes this weird cheesy pasta stuff and put red hot dogs in it
>the dyes in the hot dogs turn the sauce pink
>she stares at me while I eat it
>"it tastes good, baby, thank you."
>tears well up in her eyes
>"you dont like it, I can tell!!"
>have to eat all of it because I cant stand to see her cry

It actually wasnt that bad.
>>
>>9053312
Even I, an autistic NEET, have enough knowledge to prepare elementary dishes like scrambled eggs, stew, fried chicken, etc... in a capacity that is at least halfway presentable.

But of all the women I have seen, literally none of them possess any cooking skills beyond making brownies in the oven and throwing a TV dinner in the microwave.
>>
File: 1469993300962.jpg (2MB, 1771x3149px) Image search: [Google]
1469993300962.jpg
2MB, 1771x3149px
For me, it's not much of a deal breaker.

But if a woman can make some badass food, it's a HUGE turn-on for me. A deal-sealer, if you will. All her other flaws just disappear: Lazy eye, flat ass, feminist, obese, Chinese, they all just disappear.

I've even thought about stealing my friend's wives after eating over at their place. One of these days...
>>
>>9053390
Actually, there's a limit to how chinese or obese a girl can be that even good cooking can't fix. But it'd have to be way out there
>>
No gf and can't cook.
I feel great, desu.
>>
>>9053326
>American/white women don't cook anymore
FTFY
>>
>>9053312
Went to meet my gf at her apartment after a month of dating, she's breaking down a whole tuna. Fell in love that day.
>>
>>9053326
I don't know about this. Pretty much every girl I've dated and most I know are able to make at least a few delicious things. Their issues came from not cooking on a regular basis, so they have no discipline about it. Cooking is incredibly cost effective if you cook most of your meals. If you have to go out shopping for every ingredient you need for a meal once every two weeks it's much less cost effective, and since you're not in a rhythm of cooking it'll take you two hours to make a meal that could have been done in 40 min. That's been my experience. When they do cook it's usually pretty good, but they cook infrequently enough that they overspend on ingredients that won't be used efficiently (unused stuff going bad in the fridge), and it takes them forever to get a meal on the table. Because of this cooking really isn't a good use of their time. I'll cook. They can blow me after.
>>
>>9053353
haha I meant my right hand
>>
>>9053312
>had two gfs in my 23 years
>neither could cook
I don't think you're right but I don't have an anecdote to disprove you.
>>
File: 2.jpg (53KB, 500x465px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
53KB, 500x465px
>>9053312
I'd rather cook myself. I don't trust a woman in the kitchen aside from menial tasks like "chop this" or "stir that".

Clean the house, fold laundry...that's all I need. I'll cook the food and take care of the dogs.

Bitches ain't shit but hoes and tricks.
>>
>>9053516
That's pretty much the deal I have with my wife.
>>
File: IMG_0186.jpg (19KB, 236x236px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0186.jpg
19KB, 236x236px
>gf

GET OUT REEEEEE!!!!!!
>>
>>9053326
fpbp

useless cunts
>>
>>9053516
>>9053530
same
>>
>>9053546
Fuck off you sad cunt.
>>
FUCK BITCHES
>>
>>9053326
Men were always the superior cooks to begin with.
>>
>>9053390
I never go grammar police on people, but your punctuation begs for clarification here. Did you mean your friend's wives or your friends' wives? I'm not going make assumptions because this is 4chan.

Also, I agree. I'm going to ask the next available woman I meet to marry me if she can actually cook. It is a really rare skill for single women.
>>
Haha, women, guys, am I right or am I right?
>>
>>9053312
What's the problem? Feels good being relied on. Seeing her look of surprise/joy whenever she eats some more foreign foods she never had in her family which only knew how to make stew and fried potatoes is very satisfying.

If you live together and she always eats your food you can also do more unorthodox stuff like always have sex after a certain type of food, making her associate that taste and smell with sex, which in turns makes her horny whenever she eats it.
>>
>>9053422
jelly tbqh

>tfw no interesting gf that actually does things
>>
>>9053482
Actually, I'm left-handed.
>>
>on second date ever with GF, she begins to talk about how much she loves cooking and what she likes to make, I love cooking so this is a big conversation piece and im even more interested
>says she'll have to cook for me sometime when im over
>somehow I end up being the one that does all of the cooking for the next few months when she is over at my place
>when we go to her place we ended up going out or ordering food
>finally ask about it, she say's she'll cook for me on the weekend
>weekend comes, go to her place and her roommate lets me in
>gf is crying in the kitchen and there is a pan in the sink with some sort of burnt shape and pieces of aspargus drenched in burnt and now watery sauce
Turns out she never actually cooked for herself and her roommate was the one that liked to cook, and she only brought it up because she checked my social media and saw I cooked a lot. I taught her how to cook some basic recipes after that, but eventually we split because I wanted to move for work opportunities and she didnt want to leave. Honestly should have gone after her roommate but I felt that was too scummy and would have gotten ugly.
>>
>>9053390
>All her other flaws just disappear: Lazy eye, flat ass, feminist, obese, Chinese,
kek
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
I can cook hella good and I'm a chick. My mom only did the frozen meals to microwave or oven. I grew up on that terrible shit. Because of that I made damn sure to learn how to cook healthy meals from scratch. I shop once or twice a month, mostly bc I hate to go out, but in a big way to save money buy buying in bulk what I need and working what I have into meals for the month. I like to do big group meals. I've never been with a girl like me in this aspect. It does seem like it's dying out. Pic related- first turkey dinner I ever made- gave it boobs cause it was a giant turkey breast, and I thought it was funny as hell
>>
>>9055024
My Thanksgiving turkey is getting tits this year.
>>
>>9055024
>I shop once or twice a month
So you don't cook much in the way of fresh food. Not all that interesting if you're just roasting frozen meat and heating up canned and frozen shit to go with it. But I'm sure you would have been a great cook by 1965 standards.
>>
>>9055024
another femanon here. i hate these threads and rarely contribute to them. i know an equal number of men and women who are shit at cooking. it's not a gender thing, it's upbringing and individual interest in cooking.
>>
>>9053312
Fine with cooking for the girl if she cleans. Most girls can't cook because they don't appreciate the fact they had to pay for the food
>>
>>9053312
Why don't you learn to cook and stop being such a fucking chad?
>>
>>9053516

It gets pretty frustrating. For example, on days you want to just go to bed at 7am, you really want to depend on her to simply feed/walk the dog, make sure the front doors are locked, the laundry room door is closed, turn off the TV/speakers/cable box/computers, etc ....but you can't. You can tell her to do it, but you'll have that nagging feeling in the back of your mind that something wasn't done right until you get up and do it yourself.

I can't remember the last time I went to bed early and stayed there. For example, I went to bed at 7pm tonight. The wife went to bed 20 minutes ago. Now, I am awake sitting in front of the computer because I had to make sure everything got done (she didn't feed the geckos and the dog's water bowl was empty). It's like ... god dammit. Seriously? Do I really ask that much? All she can do is clean. No cooking, and not able to reliably do more complex tasks. At least she works, I guess.
>>
>>9054667
>she only brought it up because she checked my social media and saw I cooked a lot
This is why I don't use social media at all. Call me a Luddite, but I prefer to meet and talk to people face to face and not be stalked online where weird (albeit harmless) stuff like this happens
>Honestly should have gone after her roommate but I felt that was too scummy and would have gotten ugly
Yeah good call man, dating coworkers or an ex's friends is a bad idea
>>
>>9055664
You got a shit wife. If the money won't kill you bail for a better one - they're out there. Don't wait too long before she's fat and on disability and you're doing everything. Lazy shits are lazy shits.
>>
>>9055664
Buy a small whiteboard and put it on the fridge. Make a checklist of things that need to be done daily so she can check off as she does them. If she legitimately forgets stuff, this will help her. If she's a lazy fuck, she'll check off the list but things won't be done, and you can either talk to her about keeping up with her household duties or throw her ass out if she bitches and whines and does it repeatedly thinking you'll give in
>>
>>9053312
Let me give you some personal insight on the matter.

I've been with my wife for 10 years now. We met in high school, and I got her pregnant.
She is and always has been a lazy person and a shit cook. I wouldn't even mind eating shit food if she at least made it on time. But she rarely did.

We'd get into screaming arguments constantly about how lazy and worthless she was. I felt like an asshole for it, but goddamn she was a real piece of work. The only reason I dealt with all this was for the kids, and also because the sex is great.

But one night, I got fed up. Not only did she get drunk, neglect the kids, and made me top Ramen for dinner, but she decided to give me attitude too. She was being real fucking bitchy. So I told my grandparents to keep an eye on the kids and told my wife we were going to go out and have dinner together. I drove maybe 3 blocks to a quiet area (we live in Oregon, it's not hard to find a quiet field) and I got out of the car, went around like I was going to open her door for her and let her out, and I just beat the shit out of her while she was still seatbelted. After a few punches, I asked her if she wanted to go back to her parents. She started screaming and yelling and said yes, so I beat the shit out of her again. Then I asked her what she wanted to do. She finally got smart and said she wanted to go home. So I took her home and dared her to start trouble. I even handed her my cellphone and dialed her mom's number on the drive home. I made her talk to her mom, while daring her to fucking say something.

Before that incident, I had never laid a hand on her. But I had always threatened it. I told her "one of these days, if you don't straighten up, I'm going to lay hands on you."

All my meals have been on time, and she just recently tried to make a meatloaf. It was mediocre, but I was just thrilled that she tried.

Do with this information what you will.
>>
>>9055957
fuck off with this pasta
>>
File: 1496803786096.gif (488KB, 499x367px) Image search: [Google]
1496803786096.gif
488KB, 499x367px
>Have access to the internet
>Eat 3 times a day, every day for your entire life
>Never bother to look into how to make those meals more enjoyable/beneficial

It baffles me, considering youtube is fucking bursting with beginner to master level cooking instructions
>>
>>9055958
>>9055958
good thing, I'll tell her that too next time she makes shitty pasta
>>
>>9053366
same anon, I fucking hate dishes so I'll do all the chopping and cooking

plus, I think I know what I like more than anyone else. So I don't really need her to cook better than me anyway.
>>
File: shygddt.jpg (30KB, 475x351px) Image search: [Google]
shygddt.jpg
30KB, 475x351px
>>9056025

>3 times a day
>he actually cooks and eats breakfast
>>
File: f93.png (279KB, 898x790px) Image search: [Google]
f93.png
279KB, 898x790px
>>9053312
> he doesn't cook to humilliate the gf
>>
>>9055615
Do you know what refrigerator is? You can buy lettuce on Sunday and use it on Friday if you store it properly you troglodyte.
>>
Me too. I need my partner to stand on their own. You literally cannot eat optimally without preparing your own food.
>>
>>9056255
got a bf btw. I test his urine to make sure he's eating well, otherwise I cut his access to my Internet subscription (available wherever there'es other users of the same ISP who did not opt out of hosting an access point)
>>
>>9053422
I can relate to these feels. Girlfriend is a butcher, went to visit her at work one day. She was breaking down a whole side of beef. Such a turn on.
>>
File: 160823_full.jpg (76KB, 1000x668px) Image search: [Google]
160823_full.jpg
76KB, 1000x668px
>>9057184
She's a butcher? Be careful, lad.
>>
>>9053312
>spend hours making meals, reading books about cooking
>finally able to say I'm a ""good cook""
>still can't attract a bf
kill me
>>
>>9057291
Just lose a little weight. You don't even have to get into the sub 130 lbs range, just shoot for under three bills.
>>
>>9055615
I live in the country. We grow, gather and hunt our food. Town is far, an hour to get there for fresh fruits n veggies. I make do with what I have, buy in bulk when I go and make it last the month. On the plus side we get a ton of wild edibles, so there is plenty of diversity.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
>>9055592
Near the end I fashioned a sort of bikini top- kept the nipples from burning
>>
>>9053312
I'm no chef, but I've been cooking my meals since my parents divorce. It took ten years, but I'm pretty proud of the results.

Life lesson anon, don't wait for others to do the stuff for you.
>>
>>9057291
stop after chad and settle for me NOW REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>9059465
Don't tempt the whale, son.
>>
>>9053312
Pay for her cooking classes. If you expect a woman to be traditional you should be traditional yourself and be a provider. Tired of men demanding women to be traditional when they are not good enough for a traditional woman.
>>
>>9053312
then why do you keep dating the slags you retard.
>>
>>9056178
Not him, but generally breakfast is my one good meal of the day. I'm too tired to do anything decent for dinner on weekdays, and lunch is usually just rice, beans/meat and veggies because it's quick to make. Breakfast I can go all out because I get up early. Full cast iron pan of eggs, potatoes, onion and sometimes even cabbage, all chopped and cooked together. Some leafy greens and a banana and I'm full 'til 1
>>
My girlfriend knows how to cook and she sometimes enjoys doing it, but she'd rather do other things like clean the dishes, so we split often. I end up cooking 6 days of the week, though, which is nice.
>>9054120
>applying pavlovian reactions to dinner and sex
I may have unknowlingly done that with my fiancee, as she associates me making salmon with romantic nights and romantic nights with sex. So all I need to do is to prepare some salmon for dinner and it's almost guaranteed we'll have a romantic night that ends up with sex.
>>
>>9055957
I've had mixed results with it, maybe I didn't beat her hard enough to make a lasting impression, but this anon is right. Be ready for some jail time if you fuck it up though.
>>
>>9059418
Chick what you look like cause I think your fucking hilarious and if you don't have a man with those skills or attitude you gotta be 400lbs or super duper autistic. Which one is it?
>>
>>9060130
And if it's super duper autistic then call me baby

And if it's four hunnat pounds then call me baby
>>
>>9060152
You got a snap? Fuck it.
>>
>>9060156
Oh boy, here comes all the fifteen second videos of Norwegian guys pooping! At least that's what happened last time I said on 4chan that my Snapchat was "lamb-sheep" and accepted all the incoming friend requests.
>>
File: 97_1485587810.jpg (20KB, 362x362px) Image search: [Google]
97_1485587810.jpg
20KB, 362x362px
Back in highschool I had a girlfriend and she stayed over at my house when we had a party there
When the party died down we decided to make breakfast at 330 in the morning and she asked me to put cheetos in her egg burrito
Didnt make sense to me but she enjoyed it
>>
>>9060170
No I just like bantz with chicks and my girl is being a dick. I'll send you one. Mines j.mccarty64 I think. Something like that.
>>
File: 1432593172998.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1432593172998.gif
1MB, 320x240px
>>9055024
This might be a stupid question, but how did you do that?
>>
>>9060178
You're a shit boyfriend if you add other girls when you're mad at your own.
>>
>>9060199
Nigga I don't sext them I just enjoy Thier company more than dudes. Also that snap isn't here's, it's some truckers but luckily were both commandos and we're friends now, I still feel betrayed though
>>
>>9060202
Lol I couldn't resist, I'm not the girl but it's an in joke. How are you getting along with lambert
>>
>>9053312
Stop dating retarded women and if they can't cook then teach her how, it's a great bonding experience and a nice night in.
>>
>>9060233
Were discussing the merits of trucking and how crystal meth is an epidemic on rural families. And harleys. But like I said I prefer women. Also I think he likes dudes because he casually mentioned Grindr in place of tinder.
>>
>>9053312
>tfw gf serves me homemade banana-oat pancakes and coffee on bed in the weekends
I didn't know I'd appreciate this kind of thing before she did it.
>>
>>9060245
Nah Lamb will fuck anything that feeds him just like a real sheep
>>
File: 1497357747876.png (181KB, 396x197px) Image search: [Google]
1497357747876.png
181KB, 396x197px
>>9060260
>eating food in fucking bed
Syrupy fucking food in bed.
RRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>9060270
Man you'd hate me. I haven't eaten at a table outside of a restaurant since the Clinton administration
>>
>>9060273
i just can't stand the idea of having sticky fucking syrup on my bed while I'm sleeping. It makes my skin crawl.
Same with any sort of sauce. or food. It disgusts me.

Same reason I won't sleep without taking a shower if I stink too much.
>>
Back in 2011 I got an apartment with my first gf. It was my 19th birthday (she's a year younger) and she wanted to know what I wanted for supper. I'm not one to really care about birthdays so I just said that I'd just make myself something but she insisted on making me dinner; all I had to do was tell her what to make as long as it wasn't crazy difficult. Fair enough. I felt like having tacos, so I told her she could make those for dinner. Real basic tacos: some tortillas, tomato, cheese, lettuce, ground beef and prepackaged taco seasoning. Essentially a 1/10 on the difficulty scale. She goes out to the grocery store to pick up some things and comes back with ground pork instead of beef somehow but otherwise everything is there. I go into the kitchen to see how things are going. The lettuce and tomato are sliced and read, the cheese is shredded and the tacos are out. Great. I ask her why she didn't start cooking the pork so she could just get the other things ready while it was going. "Oh, I don't know how to cook that."

>allofmywut.jpg

Ended up having to do it since she 1) didn't want to handle the raw pork and 2) claimed it looked to difficult. Too difficult to throw meat in a frying pan, chop it up with a spatula until it looked good and then toss in the seasoning.
>>
>>9060280
Should also add to that: Canada and white. Seriously, for every one that can cook at least a 5/10 difficult level, I can find you ten that I think were never shown how to turn on an oven or properly crack an egg. This doesn't just go for women, but half of the guys I know here think that "cooking" is making Kraft Dinner. Not knocking KD though since it's the shit.
>>
>>9060266
Now we're talking about you.
>>
>>9053312
other way around for me,
every gf i ever had was good/great at cooking, and i wouldnt care even care if she wasnt, since i could overcompensate that, since im a boss cook.
Lack of interest in food would be a more accurate definition of what would be a turn-off for me, since eating well is one of my favorite things and itd suck not beeing able to share it. I would still not call it a dealbreaker as long as other things make up for it.
People should be less extreme in their judgements of others, not like something so minor lets you judge the character or worth of a person
>>
>>9060299
Okay daddy
>>
>>9060130
>Chick what you look like
Oh god, Jamal, why must you write like a retard?
>>
>>9053412
N you just need to fine a republican gf
>>
>>9053454
your own cooking is always tastier too
>>
>>9053312
> 1st gf
could just about make beans on toast, we were young at the time though
> 2nd gf
Latvian from very poor background, great cook, would make Chinese dumplings from scratch, cure her own salmon etc, obsessed with sour cream, would recommend
> 3rd gf
could barely cook pasta
> 4th gf
could cook anything traditionally British or Scottish, food was good and homely
> 5th gf
hardcore vegan, could cook pretty well, run her own food van, would practically cry when she saw me eat meat though so didn't work out
> current gf
vegetarian, can cook pretty well, makes middle eastern dishes from scratch, open to trying anything, couldn't care less that I eat meat, keeper
>>
>>9060480
>yfw five fingers on a hand
>yfw 5 fingers is using the whole hand to cook
>>
>>9060480
something tells me you have low standards of taste. I bet you only 2 of those were cooking restaurant quality food.
>>
>>9060490
what

>>9060496
I don't have low or high standards, I just like a diverse range of food, I have no interest in "restaurant quality" cooking from a gf, just decent food and an open mind for trying new stuff
>>
>>9060509
>I have no interest in "restaurant quality" cooking from a gf
Then you shouldn't be talking. The food I make is as good as I can find in any restaurant that serves the given dish I'm making.

Being able to throw something together edible isn't enough. It's got to be great.
>>
>>9060518
>Being able to throw something together edible isn't enough. It's got to be great.

Not him, but were you just born cooking "great" food? How do you think people get great? By starting out cooking ok and improving over time, that's how. Christ, you sound like a faggot
>>
>>9060518
>Then you shouldn't be talking. The food I make is as good as I can find in any restaurant that serves the given dish I'm making.
are you this cringe in real life? genuine question
you turn up in some random thread of a polynesian fly-fishing bbs about gf's who are terrible cooks and start talking about how good your own cooking is
>>
>>9060530
Your whores won't improve their cooking if you don't give them constructive criticism.
i only improved because I wanted the dishes I made to be the same quality I'd be served in a restaurant.

I'm not satisfied easily. If I make something worse than what I could buy, all that tells me is I could have just gotten food out at a cheap mexican restaurant instead of putting money and effort into cooking.
>>9060539
When he said he had 6 gfs and most of them cooked well, that told me he had low standards.
>>
>>9053312
cooking can be learned and improved with practice, not a solid part of your ex-gfs character.

if the lady is hot enough you should do the cooking for your queen. otherwise, learn together and it becomes sexy cooking and reward sex after a good meal.

damn, its like these millennial guys expect a strong trusting relationship to just be served to them in the form of an obedient wifu.
>>
>>9060551
2 of them couldn't cook, 1 could only cook food from 1 country, said none of them could cook exceptionally or "restaurant quality". It says a lot more about you that you get triggered by someone having had 6 gf's, how old are you?
>>
>>9060569
I'm triggered by you pretending that the majority of them made delicious food.
Stop projecting.
>>
>>9060496
>restaurant quality food
>literally encompasses all quality of food
Do you go on yelp? Do you watch Kitchen Nightmares?
>>
>>9060586
I'm talking about 4.5 yelp highly reviewed restaurants. I don't eat at shit restaurants.
That's what I mean by restaurant quality.
>>
what can I cook to get some nice co/ck/?
>>
>>9060589
Now this is podracing
>>
>>9060594
There was a period in college where I had enough money to go to 4.5 yelp restaurants throughout my town, and I actively sought to try as many new Cuisines as I could find.

My palate and taste has improved tenfold.
>>
>>9060447
That was rarely the case with most of the girls I've dated. Most of them could turn out meals that were about as tasty as anything I cooked. The issues they had were that they only knew how to cook a limited set of things, and for them cooking was an event instead of a day to day thing. I can open the fridge, look at what we have and make probably one of 20 possible decent meals in under an hour. Pretty much every girl I've been with would have to go out and shop for the specific ingredients needed for whatever she would cook, and it would take her hours to make a meal. It would be good, but not practical on a day to day basis. On a day to day basis they favored foods that could be eaten as is or with minimal prep/cooking. They just weren't in the habit of thinking about what they were going to cook beforehand unless it was a special occasion.

Even the girl I married is like this. When she cooks it's pretty good. But it's an event - she needs a few hours to decide what she's gonna make, get the ingredients and make a meal. The meal will be great, but this approach makes her useless for cooking on a day to day basis.
>>
>>9060636
Restaurant quality?
>>
>>9060415
Nope, dated one of those before, communist are better.
>>
>>9060597
While I wouldn't put much value in Yelp ratings your point is a good one regardless. A home cook can definitely eat out for research. I've spent hours reverse engineering dishes I fell in love with at good restaurants. But there is a limit to that, because at the end of the day restaurant cooking and home cooking are two different worlds.
>>9060650
Depends on what kind of restaurant you're talking about. I'd say better than chain crap, on par with a good local place and nowhere near what a proper chef would throw down. No need to try to do Michelin shit on a Tuesday night. Grandma wouldn't do that.
>>
>>9060770
>nowhere near what a proper chef would throw down
A proper chef can make simple food as well. Risotto is one of those fine examples. You'll be paying $20 at an Italian restaurant, when you can make it at home and it will taste just as good if not better.
It's a simple dish but it's not as basic as fried rice or making Carbonara.
>>
>>9060781
Agreed, but I still maintain there is a difference between restaurant food and home cooking, and that's a good thing. Restaurant food tends to be more about wow factor, the salt and fat are ramped up, and presentation really matters. It's more like the way you cook for guests as opposed to how you eat on a day to day basis. I prefer my day to day meals a lot lower on the fat and salt, and much heavier on the vegetable matter. If I cooked restaurant style food on a day to day basis I'd be a fatty with high cholesterol.
>>
File: Osso Bucco.jpg (322KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
Osso Bucco.jpg
322KB, 960x540px
>>9060821
It depends on the dish your making, and the cuisine you're working with.
Presentation isn't that hard.

Don't mistake restaurant quality for being fattening.
>>
>>9060840
>Don't mistake restaurant quality for being fattening.
I don't. But the goal of restaurant food is to wow the diner. That's how I cook for guests. But day to day I prefer more restrained food.
>>
>>9060921
>But the goal of restaurant food is to wow the diner.
Wow their mouth. They don't really need anything fancy. If it tastes restaurant quality it is restaurant quality as far as I'm concerned.

Presentation isn't nearly as important as flavor.
>>
>>9060968
>Presentation isn't nearly as important as flavor.
I'd say this is true for home cooking, but at a good restaurant both matter quite a bit. You want your customers to ooh and ah as the food hits the table, then do it again when they taste it.
>>
>>9053390
I bet this anon's mother is a very good cook if he has a good relationship with her, and an awful cook if he has a bad relationship with her.
>>
>>9053312
what else are they for?
>>
>>9053312
>this is the ultimate dealbreaker

of all the fucking things you could have come up with that are bad points in any woman, you come up with being a bad cook.. jesus christ anon there are a lot of worse things to be ultimate deal breakers. being a deadbeat piece of shit who is loaded down with credit and have no clue how it happened or how to pay it off is an "ultimate dealbreaker". Being so sloppy it take you a hour to clean up after her when she leaves your place, is a pretty good "ultimate dealbreaker".

But you come up with not being able to cook, jesus christ
>>
>>9061151
learn to cook you useless cunt, leave the man alone
>>
>>9061156
im a guy talking about my ex gf
>>
>>9060636
whats ja/ck/ doing in here, go back to eating some raw chicken faggot
>>
File: 1493221557777.jpg (30KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1493221557777.jpg
30KB, 500x375px
>>9053312
wow you must find cooking realy important
Thanks for sharing
You must be the ultimate /ck/ lurker!
Teach us your secrets oh grand /ck/ wizzard
do not fear to tread into tedious details when elaborating all the nuances of your extremely specific food fetish.
I want to learn from you so that one day i can also break up with my gf because of her horrible cooking.
Will you be so kind and benevolent to share specifics to an aspiaring /ck/ lurker?
Please accept me as your pupil.
because you must feel truly at home here on this image board.
>>
I don't understand how anyone, man or woman, don't know how to cook. Food is one of the most important aspects of life, its the energy that fuels your existence, and you literally have no other choice than to consume food regularly, or else you are going to die.

I live in a collective with three male friends, we all know how to cook, we all make our dinners almost everyday. Sure, sometimes we buy something simple from the grocery store or get take out, but all of us have shown that we are able to make lots of different dinners on our own.

Its so fucking easy to do as well. I really don't understand how these people exist.
>>
>>9061185
anyone can cook, but its posts like yours that make me wonder what the fuck do you mean when you say
>we all know how to cook, we all make our dinners almost everyday.
I have heard people say shit like this and then their cooking is american garbage tier and they call it fucking delicious. I know how to cook and roast a chicken in the oven and make steak and you know, basic shit like that but would never ever tell anyone "I know how to cook".

Plus I am more interested about
>I live in a male collective
Is that a new euphemism to I live with room mates?
>>
>>9061179
he has a small dick and can't be switching gf's just like that.
>>
>>9061225
>I know how to cook and roast a chicken in the oven and make steak and you know, basic shit like that but would never ever tell anyone "I know how to cook".
Then you do know how to cook, you just understand there's a world of difference between simple, sturdy home cooking and technique/ingredient driven restaurant cooking at the highest level.
>>
>>9060194
Cooked it in the oven, used strategically placed lemon halves under the skin with herbs n butter- way easy
>>9060130
No snap, I'm extremely antisocial, I've got an Instagram though, new to that. I maybe have two pics https://www.instagram.com/insomniac_rant/ not into the selfie obsession I've got another pic on my YouTube channel, search freak show elite playlist or intro to punk 101- I just use it to compile my music- only supply this info to prove a chick can be a wicked cook and be skinny af, not that I'm proud to be, it's just in the genes
>>
>>9053400
>how Chinese

Got a good chuckle out of that one thanks
>>
>>9053326

My Polish girlfriend can cook polish food well AKA fairly bland and safe dishes based around potatoes, cabbage and beef.

On the other hand she has developed a fair talent with squash and vegetable based dishes.

Seasoning is lost to her besides S&P
>>
>>9053546
Frogposting should be an automatic ban outside /r9k/.
>>
File: download.jpg (11KB, 229x221px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
11KB, 229x221px
>>9053382
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-PKO2FrdPY
>>
File: hqdefault(1).jpg (17KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault(1).jpg
17KB, 480x360px
>>9059669
>slave the day away at work
>wife waiting at the door
>render kiss
>get beer
>watch show with junior
>wife asks how work was
>acknowledge with a grunt
>both bottle up problems
>few years of this routine wife is unhappy
>passively aggressively shows it
>ask why dishes have been in sink for two days
>she snaps "you do them"
>ok
>grab wife by the hair
>run the water
>scrub plates off with her face
>ask "was that so hard bitch?"
>dishes never go unwashed again
>mumble that I should have bled out in Korea

traditional life truly is something to strive for.
>>
>>9055957
>anon makes back to back shitty life choices

Hope one day she gets the balls to bail on your scummy ass, I'd leave my significant other if it took beating them to reach any resolution.
>>
>>9055664
Do you talk to your wife.
Why do you have geckos
>>
>>9061423
You look like Toni Collette from Muriel's Wedding. Also gross marijuana art.
>>
>>9061185
My problem is finding good recipes to cook. I got my collection of like 6 that I enjoy but I can't find any others that I enjoy.
Anyone got any rec's?
>>
>>9062189
>have geckos as pets

That does seem strange. If I were going to do something like that at least it would be profitable. For example, raising black widow spiders or venemous snakes to milk their venom for the production of antivenom. Pretty damn lucrative with reasonable startup costs - I've looked into it.
>>
>>9055615
you're a fucking faggot.
>>
>>9055615
this is correct, and I'm lol'ing at all the butthurt walmart hillbillies trying to "set you straight"
>>
>>9053312
If you are the one cooking you get to choose your meals
Fuck having someone else cooking
>>
>>9060579
please fucking kill yourself you retarded shitbag. taste is subjective.
>>
>>9062311
>food has to be bought on the day you cook it, otherwise it's not fresh
Were you born stupid or has it been 16 years of practice?
>>
>>9062311
Strangely enough, it's a few bumfuck flyovers with at least access to Costco for minimally processed meat by driving 60 miles, supplementing store meat with wild game and growing their own herbs and vegetables that are really changing the way 'murrica cooks. Some of us through the internet are learning to make, cure and preserve the old style foods. I hate to burst your itty bitty bubble, but leftists do these things too, my precious little snowflake.
>>
>>9062394
you're that guy who tries to shit up every fish thread by raving about eating deer, aren't you
>>
File: 1342232017369.jpg (30KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1342232017369.jpg
30KB, 640x480px
>have gf
>her mom always did the cooking AND cleaning when she was growing up
>gf grows up and the only chore she does around the house now is dishes
>she can cook tho
>and by "cook" I mean boil water and dump boxed shit in it
>>
>>9063197
Literally the same situation with my gf and her mom. I bum tons of great recipes off her mom, but she can't cook for shit.
>>
>>9055615
Low test retard.

>>9062311
You too.
>>
>traditional nucular fanily format persisted in my household when i was a kid
>Stay at home mom would always be making homemade bread, and a different dish virtually every day, probably like 150 different recipes in a year, always trying new stuff
>Sister goes to become a car mechanic and never had any interest for cooking or housework
>I become an amazing cook thanks to my mom
>Fast forward to today
>Want nucular family like it was normal in the 50s
>No woman can impress me with her cooking

Im 32 and single
Im afraid i might start lowering my expectations because it doesnt seem like i will ever find a worthy wife this way
>>
>>9064056
sounds like you need to develop a thing for role reversal and just be a house husband. post pics of you barefoot in an apron and we'll tell you what kind of potential you've got.
>>
>>9064056
Try BDSM community, you're looking for sub not a wife
>>
>>9064085
>>9064078
Posts like these make me think everyone on /ck/ is mentally ill and/or estrogen enriched.
>>
>>9064056
Have you tried looking for a husband?
>>
>>9064093
that's what having ovaries does to you
>>
>>9064056
>>traditional nucular fanily format persisted in my household when i was a kid
>>Stay at home mom would always be making homemade bread, and a different dish virtually every day, probably like 150 different recipes in a year, always trying new stuff
>>Sister goes to become a car mechanic and never had any interest for cooking or housework
>>I become an amazing cook thanks to my mom
>>Fast forward to today
>>Want nucular family like it was normal in the 50s
>>No woman can impress me with her cooking
>Im 32 and single
>Im afraid i might start lowering my expectations because it doesnt seem like i will ever find a worthy wife this way
Your problem is that you're a fag.
>>
>>9064120
>>9064102
>>9064085
>>9064078

are these femanons? no way a male wrote this shit. you are giving a man a hard time because he likes cooking, on a cooking forum.
>>
>>9064123
It's the current year, you don't have to be a repressed tranny anymore.
>>
>>9064123
>moooooooom the girls are being mean to me on the 4chans
is this the first time you've been on /ck/
>>
>>9064102
>>9064078
>>9064127
>>9064131

Sounds like you people need your holes filled.
>>
>>9061511
I get that their """cuisine""" was unduly influenced by having to literally mcguyer food together during WWII, but jesus christ
>>
>>9061511
"carbonara"
>>
>>9064102
>>9064123
>>9064127
>>9064131
>women nowdays suck so much straight men wish they could be gay
sad famlam
>>
>>9063197
>mom couldnt cook
>dad cooked everything
>no way i could help or make anything myself, i got yelled at for even looking that the stove
>the kitchen was my dads place and nobody was allowed to use it, except like one time a month mom would actually try to make something and fail
>when i moved out three years ago i couldnt boil an egg
>now there are things i can make better than my dad
women, whats your excuse?
>>
File: whhhhy.jpg (9KB, 236x231px) Image search: [Google]
whhhhy.jpg
9KB, 236x231px
>>9053312

...Yeah what the fuck is it with this? Every girl I've dated and have been with has been more interested in ordering fucking take out 9/10 times and they harboured practically zero cooking skill.

'Anon, what is "seasoning"?'
>>
>>9060840
Lol what a shitty plating job

Cohesive sauce much m8?
>>
>>9065366
Show your plating timestamped, faggot.
>>
>>9060579
(You)
>>
>>9053312
man or woman, you should be able to cook, it's part of being able to take care of yourself and if you can't then you should learn so as to be able to teach any kids you have.
brotip if you can actually cook then you can have a smaller food budget since groceries are more economical than fast food or frozen crap
>>
>theme song for this thread
https://youtu.be/M3Q8bKDN0mQ
>>
>>9065933
oops, wrong link
https://youtu.be/bro2ajJbDWQ
>>
That's why you cook together and teach her. If she's not open-minded to learning then you picked a shite gf.
>>
>>9053312
my gf is pretty good at cooking

makes basic homey meals but they're good

for some reason she's obsessed with breakfast and eggs and has perfected egg cooking. Sometimes she gets excited just from thinking of eating eggs.
>>
>>9064123
No, these are guys telling you that you aren't a guy.
>>
>>9064123
Just imagine they are all fat
It helps when they try to bully you
>>
File: christmas carp.jpg (77KB, 700x526px) Image search: [Google]
christmas carp.jpg
77KB, 700x526px
>>9053389
>But of all the women I have seen, literally none of them possess any cooking skills beyond making brownies in the oven and throwing a TV dinner in the microwave.
That's because you're an autistic NEET who doesn't know any women besides his mom.

Cooking is just a lost art in the West to the point where most of the people who do it are hobbyists. Gender has nothing to do with it. I know just as many culinary-impared men as I do women. The skills aren't being passed on and it's seen as an inconvenience with a barrier to entry. Neither me nor my SO were taught how to cook and had to learn how on our own.
>>9060589
t. khhv
>>
>>9066028
I'll eat her eggs all day any day. Post address.
>>
>>9053382
fucking hell lmao
>>9053366
this. I like to cook and they usually help cleaning up. Fuck washing dishes.
>>
>>9066786
Christ roastie, don't take it out on us just because your SO assblasted you hard tonight.
>>
File: her tuna senses are tingling.jpg (124KB, 400x281px) Image search: [Google]
her tuna senses are tingling.jpg
124KB, 400x281px
>tfw have a cooking job that requires me to cook onsite at a grocery store
>the customers seem to enjoy my cooking
>don't like cooking at home too often because I live with my folks and their kitchen is somewhat unsanitary due to the age of the house
>mainly stick to making sandwiches and salads

Most of what I've cooked for people outside of work have been baked goods, which haven't gotten any complaints so far.

I don't think I'm a horrible cook, but I fear that my cooking won't be good enough to please potential partners.
>>
>>9053312
>GF cooks more nowadays
>Her middle class conservative mom was too busy perfecting her judgmental glare to learn how to do anything except make frozen stuff or macaroni and a pound of cheese
>GF is trying tho
>Pasta and chicken a looooooot
>Says I'm an awesome but I'm just decent

I learned watching my mom growing up. Blew my girl's mind when she learned I can make breakfast gravy.

It's not a deal breaker for me because there's so damn many people, men and women alike, who have serious trouble applying heat to ingredients
>>
>>9064123
>are these femanons?

This is a women's board. Of COURSE they're femanons. Even OP is a femanon.
>>
>>9053366
Livin the dream bro
Good for ya.
>>
>>9068813
>>>/cgl/
Thread posts: 185
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.