[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>every recipe from Cook's Illustrated, Bon Appetit, or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: 999999-684591591378.jpg (114KB, 1038x1500px) Image search: [Google]
999999-684591591378.jpg
114KB, 1038x1500px
>every recipe from Cook's Illustrated, Bon Appetit, or any other upmarket cooking magazine requires food processor, high power blender, dutch oven, cast iron skillet, electronic "quick read" thermometer, and/or food dehydrator

They do this because they're being paid by appliance and cookware companies to frustrate home cooks so that they'd buy all these things, right?
>>
>>9052744
i have never seen a recipe that required a dehydrator. foodprocessor and some sort of blender are things everyone owns that cooks regulary.
Cast iron =replace with= any pan thats not coated
dutch oven=replace with= any large pot
thermometer is like 30 bucks and the best kitchenequipment out there, but its not like you need it.

I dont even think they get paid for naming those things in recipes, unless its branded, its more jumping onto the bandwagon of every retard watching masterchef etc, knowing about le creuset and castiron meme
>>
>>9052744

Possibly partially maybe. A lot of the tools also make the cooks job a lot easier than the alternatives, which makes recommending them a very normal decision. Instead of frustration you can just replace the tool with something else that does a similar job.

Cast iron dutch ovens and skillets are basically cookware 101 that everyone should have. Replace with any skillet or dutch oven you have if you happened to buy something different.

Food processors and blenders can in many cases be replaced by some combination of whisk + bowl, knife + board or mortar + pestle. The appliances just make whatever you're trying to do a lot faster and easier and give you a more uniform, smooth and consistent outcome.

A quick read thermometer makes gauging the doneness of any animal cut easier, taking the guesswork out of it. Many amateur cooks don't really have the experience to guess when a cut of animal they've never cooked before is exactly at the temp they want it to be.

I have never seen any recipe recommend a dehydrator, but I would assume that in a lot of cases a low-temp oven with good air circulation will suffice.
>>
>>9052744
Basically yeah. Real men cook with a microwave. These emasculated nu-males have been cucked by feminists into thinking that you "need" a stove and a hipster oven (or as ((((experts))))) call it, "convection oven") in order to just prepare regular normal food. Do I look like a SJW barista liberal? Fuck that. I've survived with just a microwave and my ka-bar combat recon tactical high speed assault tanto made with CVN-S154 carbon metallurgical powder steel that I sharpen every day with my noviculite stones, what do I need all those fancy disposable gadgets for? Your grandpa didn't use any of that shit, did he? Well if he did I have some bad news for you son: your grandpa is actually your grandMA.
>>
>>9052775
real men cook with an oxi touch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2m_28YAeHA0 #t=02m34s
>>
>>9052924
well i derped that one
>>
>>9052775
This is a pasta now thanks anon
>>
>>9052774
>Cast iron dutch ovens and skillets are basically cookware 101
>Cast iron dutch oven
>$200 minimum cookware is something everyone should have

no
>>
File: Pretending.png (3KB, 698x1284px) Image search: [Google]
Pretending.png
3KB, 698x1284px
>>9053716
>>
>>9052744
Depends, are they naming brands or just types of appliances?
>>
File: cast iron dutch ovens amazon.png (314KB, 1207x613px) Image search: [Google]
cast iron dutch ovens amazon.png
314KB, 1207x613px
>>9053716
>>$200 minimum cookware
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>9053716
I bought mine off Amazon for 60 bucks, stop smoking your own farts pal.
>>
>>9052744
i think it's more like

1) people who do a lot of cooking probably have these appliances/utensils, so the recipes are made with them in mind

and

2) even if you don't have those things you can find an alternative means of preparation that will get you to the same result
>>
>>9055684
he's only ever seen the le creuset in mommy's kitchen
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.