[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does /ck/ into meal planning? Do you eat the same thing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 8fa6d6_3947653.jpg (127KB, 850x927px) Image search: [Google]
8fa6d6_3947653.jpg
127KB, 850x927px
How does /ck/ into meal planning?

Do you eat the same thing every day? Have a weekly rotation? Cook whatever you're hungry for? Look in the pantry/fridge and figure what can be made with what's on hand?

How do you do it, co/ck/suckers?
>>
>>9048974
I have a list of meals that I choose from. It's usually 3-4 meals per week, I eat some of them twice, sometimes three times a week.

I always buy the produce the day before I plan to cook and there's not much in my pantry apart from staples like rice, pasta, flour etc. Sometimes I plan the meals according to discounts at the grocery store.
>>
I plan meals before shopping.

The plan is from a list of usual shit I cook or if I'm feeling adventurous, look up some shit from the net.
>>
>>9048974
I do a CSA during the summer and fall. So I get a box of what's in season every week, and it's like a puzzle to turn it into the week's worth of meals. When it ends I have to remember how to shop again.
>>
>>9048974
I make an excel sheet with what I plan to make for the week and the ingredients and their amounts for each recipe. Then I cross-reference the ingredients with what I already have in my house and form a grocery list of what I need.
>>
>>9048974
I shop once a week. I pick my meals for 5 days based on whatever I feel like & the season (nobody wants to have the oven going for hours in the middle of the hot summer, for example). For the other 2 days I pick whatever looks especially good/fresh at the market.
>>
>>9048974
I cook whatever I'm hungry for. I don't like to plan meals because I might not actually be into the dish anymore once its day has arrived.
>>
>>9050516
This. Often, a book I'm reading, movie I watched or something I saw on the internet will make me hungry for a specific dish or style of food and since I keep a well stocked pantry and have an extra freezer I usually have what I need to cook what I feel like. But I'm the kind of guy that goes on long road trips with no plans or reservations. I value my freedom and the ability to improvise, not being a slave to a formal syllabus that in one instant of time I thought would please me.
>>
>>9050563

I like to do the same, but I'm also a perfectionist so I'm not willing to settle for "close enough is good enough". Whenever I come across something like that I spend a lot of effort to seek out the best possible ingredients, not just whatever I happen to have. (And I do have a very well stocked pantry).
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.