[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I used two stalks of celery in a recipe yesterday, which means

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: hell.jpg (244KB, 900x597px) Image search: [Google]
hell.jpg
244KB, 900x597px
I used two stalks of celery in a recipe yesterday, which means I currently have a pound and a half of celery left. what can I make?
also, who the fuck has ever wanted to buy a whole head of celery?
>>
>>9048317

ciao mien nooka
>>
>>9048317
Ants on a log, brah.
>>
>>9048317
Just chop them into sticks and eat them for snacks. Filling, and good for your blood pressure, broheim
>>
Most grocers sell cut and washed individual celery sticks but its more expensive by weight than the stalk.
>>
>>9048317
Idk man. I think it's a fucking ruse. I've never seen someone use a whole stalk of celery before.
>>
peanut butter celery cars
>>
Chop it up with saute with choice vegetables in olive oil. Maybe throw in some rice on the side and chicken.

I tend to freeze the leafy parts to later use for soup stock.
>>
Just blend it and drink it. That's been my solution for leftover vegetables when cooking for one.
>>
>>9048317
Bloody Marys
>>
File: 1341856100710.jpg (99KB, 500x399px) Image search: [Google]
1341856100710.jpg
99KB, 500x399px
>>9048317

Chicken Salad.

Fill them with peanut butter and raisons with sunflower seeds.

Soups.

Fill with cream cheese and jelly.

Salads.
>>
I usually use 3-4 stalks when making chicken stock, eat them as a snack, make ragu bolognese, saldas...what's wrong with you?
>>
The celery industry has our balls in the claws of its Jewish grip. No one ever needs a whole head of celery and they know that. But they don't care about what we need or what we want. They just want to push their watery stalks on us all for maximum shekels.
>>
>>9048317
Make some pimento cheese. Stuff the cavity of the celery with it. Eat. You will end up eating the whole head of celery.
>>
>>9048317
Celery is LITERALLY the best vegetable in the world. Just cut them and eat them.
>>
>>9048317
Just take it back to the store and put it back on the shelf. Or mail it to starving kids in Africa. Or just throw the worthless shit away
>>
>>9048317
With tomatoes, lentils or meat. Or as bare snack maybe with dip.
>>
>>9048317
Pretty good shelf life...I'm sure you can think of 3 recipes or so that you'd use it in....in the next month. Make some chicken wings, and blue cheese dip and go to town! Make some celery heavy stir fried rice. Make some cream of celery soup. I love celery in potato salad, pasta salad. I'm sure you have a can of tuna laying around.
What I never ever do is ask what you asked. I just park that in the fridge and leave it there until I need it. It's like onions, always keep it on hand. If it rots, oh well, byebye $1 worth of leftover celery. I don't cry. What I do cry about is getting the whim for a recipe that is improved by celery and then not having it. I am however quite often crying over only having 2 stalks left. People who cook will eventually use it most of the time. Cook more!
>>
Super thin sliced in potato salad, chicken salad, egg salad.

Anything with mirepoux or the trinity. Gumbo, red beans, beef stew, etouffe, jambalaya, shepherds pie, roasted veg, potato soup...

Make some buffalo wings and serve em as a side with ranch.
>>
I Just chop the stem bit up and freeze it in a zip lock bag, it ruins the texture so you can't really eat it raw after you defrost it but it's fine to use in soups, stews and sauces.

The leafy bits go ok in a juicer, they add a nice flavour.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.