[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This used to contain 1 lb of food. I've been a supporter

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: Big Tough Guy Meal.jpg (335KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Big Tough Guy Meal.jpg
335KB, 800x600px
This used to contain 1 lb of food. I've been a supporter for years and let me tell you...the brownie sucks. I recently found out my 3rd cousin died from choking on the corn. Here's my question: Who the hell would put this in the oven for 50 minutes when you can microwave it for 8 minutes? Would the flavor be that much GREATLY improved?
>>
>>9047413
Everything is better in the oven you know that.
>>
>>9047413
That's a big meal
>>
if you take it out of container and then put in oven it would be k
>>
>>9047423
If I pull the plastic wrap off would it dry out the meal?
>>
>>9047524
No. It would be extremely moist.
>>
>>9047653
I'm burning this meal to charred fibers.
>>
File: e20.png (75KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
e20.png
75KB, 600x600px
>>9047413
>I recently found out my 3rd cousin died from choking on the corn.
>>
>>9047413
People can choke on food for any reason, like taking a breath while swallowing, oops. Why someone choked on corn, is anyone's guess, maybe a bad precancerous esophagus, maybe a glutton not chewing and shoveling a mouthful right after another, intoxicated...anything.

Some frozen meals are indeed better oven heated, or nearly the same whether micro-baked or a combination of both. Anything with bread will get crispier and nicer in the oven, from Stromboli to breaded chicken breasts to crumb topped macaroni. Bread needs the dry heat, not steam.

When it comes to pastry, however, the browning plasticky foil plates that line boxes like for Chicken pot pie, or even pizza crusts, can sometimes do as much of a good job. When it comes to a thick frozen 3 inches of liquid soup inside of that pot pie, the oven might not be best, where the outer crust gets quite a workout before the inside is molten, so in the case of the thorough heating, an efficient microwave can save the crust from being tough and overdone.

Water content veggies can steam better and be more perfect in a steam in bag sense, versus stovetop or oven, but starchy veggies do better in the contact of a hot pan or oven roasting pan.

When it comes to a compartmentalized dinner like pictured, the thick potatoes will be last to come to temp, and the other items will be overdone. Think about casseroles or baked chicken and making your own sides separately. I can reconstitute potato flakes, steam corn and enjoy a salad, while chicken bakes.
>>
>>9047413
Hey sorry, i am not from USA so... Is this some sort of cheap packed meal ready to put in the microwave or something like that?
>>
My close friend was all fucked up on vicodin and choked to death at TGIF's
>>
>>9048101
It's called a TV dinner. They've been around longer than you've been alive. Stay away from them. They're full of soy filler and other cheap shit.
>>
>>9047413

Yup, it's actually disgusting just how much fast food and TV dinners have devolved over the last few years. An objective analysis of your picture would reveal that there is quite literally less than 50 cents worth of food there.

>mashed potatos
>corn
>brownies

These are obviously mass-produced vegetables or widely available constituents (flour, sugar, etc...) that are absolutely dirt cheap - particularly when purchased in bulk.

Leftover is the fried chicken breast. Notice the inflated breading (bound with soy protein to artificially inflate the nutrition facts) provides the illusion of a large piece of chicken - when in reality the interior is quite small. I would be very surprised if that is even 8 Oz. of actual chicken. My gut instinct tells me that it's probably closer to 4 oz. but I want to give humanity the benefit of the doubt.
>>
>>9048211
You ever watch The Wolfe Pit on youtube? I watch it just to get mad at the shit that goes into packaged food. I can fully understand food from Dollar Tree being fake shit, but not $6+ products from grocery stores.
>>
>>9047660
Well, you got your meal burnt.
>>
>>9047653
for you!
>>
>my 3rd cousin died from choking on the corn
So you're saying, you're not a supporter anymore?
>>
>>9047413
Your wife died from the corn? I'm sorry they don't have good food at the Piggly Wiggly you inbred fuck.
>>
>>9048175
>fucked up on vicodin
nothing of value lost
>>
File: 41210603.jpg (104KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
41210603.jpg
104KB, 400x400px
I can proudly say I have never bought anything like that as an adult.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.