[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ate a can of bell peppers this morning that was bloated, boiled

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_20170613_152929.jpg (172KB, 1260x630px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170613_152929.jpg
172KB, 1260x630px
Ate a can of bell peppers this morning that was bloated, boiled it for 5 minutes. now my cheeks are kind of numb. Do I have botulism?
>>
>>9047139
Let's get this out on a tray. Nice.
>>
>>9047139
Please no memes I can't afford to waste money on doctors appointments for false flags or hypochondria or whatever. I just had a seminar on botulism for my cooking class so I'm worried I'm imagining it
>>
>>9047145
>Let's get this out on a tray. Nice.
ROFL. I just spent 3 hours addicted to that guy.

OP, I've never seen bell peppers in a can, not even once. Was this an american product?. Bloated cans are bad signs of spoilage, because it was the bacterial bloom that outgassed and expanded. Botulism is a bacterium, so you can get treated. Go to urgent care because it is potentially fatal,and needs to be treated early.

Take the can in a plastic bag, and a printout of this article, and get them to inspect it, if you think there may be a concern identifying the pathogen.
https://www.fda.gov/food/foodscienceresearch/laboratorymethods/ucm109398.htm
>>
>>9047145
Lol

>>9047159
Did you can the bell peppers yourself? When were they canned? If you bought it at a store, what is the expiry date?
>>
>>9047159
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiVB_O-78Zw&t=33s

This guy eats MREs from WWII (and sometimes even older than that) and hasn't caught botulism yet (he did catch E.coli one time and almost died, though). However, he has always been wary of eating any canned good that is bulging due to botulism. In many of his vids, he has experienced numb cheeks, tongue, etc but hasn't caught botulism yet. Since you boiled the peppers for over 5 minutes, you should be alright but what you did was extremely dumb. Don't do it again.
>>
>>9047139
this meme is shit. I can eat anything spicy and Im white sage
>>
File: flanders wait.png (182KB, 442x341px) Image search: [Google]
flanders wait.png
182KB, 442x341px
>White people don't like spice
>Some of the greatest empires in history were forged out of white people's desire for spice
>>
>>9047139
non-whites sure have an inferiority complex. Is this no spicy food an American thing or a racist projection in general?
>>
>>9047139
DUDE SPICE LMAO
>>
File: 1497112558908.png (499KB, 388x520px) Image search: [Google]
1497112558908.png
499KB, 388x520px
>>9047139
NICE
>>
>>9047159

If you got botulism you'd know pretty quick and then you'd probably be dead because you're dumb enough to eat a bloated can of anything.

Probably just a little rancid, you might get sick tho
>>
>>9047208
It's just trying to pick shit for fun. Kinda like making fun of whites and mayo when fuckers like japs also love mayo way to much.
>>
Where I live not being able to appreciate mild flavors is associated with poor people and their habit of oversalting their food.
Why people are so proud of eating spice?
>>
>>9047293
Where I live limiting yourself to only bland or only spicy food is associated with whiny man-children who nobody wants to dine with because they'll complain about anything and everything
Why are people so proud of being picky eaters?
>>
>>9047197
>some of the greatest empires in history were forged out of white people's desire for nutmeg

ftft
>>
>>9047139
If it was botulism, you probably wouldn't have been able to start this thread.
>>
>>9047446
>If it was botulism, you probably wouldn't have been able to start this thread.
And he hasn't posted since starting it....
>>
File: sauce.jpg (29KB, 534x401px) Image search: [Google]
sauce.jpg
29KB, 534x401px
>>9047139
>lol yt can't handle hot food
Jason McNabb would have a larf
>>
>>9047293
But anon, mild flavors don't exist. If it isn't 1:1 [actual food] to spice ratio, it's bland and tasteless. I bet you think bread has a flavor, too.

Poe's law requires me to denote that the above is sarcasm. What a world we live in.
>>
>>9047139
That boiling would have rendered the botulism toxin inert. Then again, botulism bacteria won't cause the can to swell, so I really don't know what bacterial toxins you consumed. RIP, I guess?
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.