[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I found some of this stuff at the Asian Market. Durian fruit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: durianflavor.jpg (223KB, 1988x2192px) Image search: [Google]
durianflavor.jpg
223KB, 1988x2192px
So I found some of this stuff at the Asian Market. Durian fruit is known for making westerners vomit, even though Asian people seem to love it. Even Andrew Zimmern gags on durian fruit. I was smelling the bottle and although the smell is pretty faint since it's just a flavoring, it's smells like mixture of onions and dead skunk on the side of the road. I'm wondering what I should make with it. I don't see any recipes for it, although one blog suggested making ice cream with it. I do have a good gelato machine. Any suggestions? Perhaps we have some Asians here who actually know just what the fuck durian flavoring is used for. If I puke after eating it I'll be sure to post pics.
>>
Drinks and baking is my guess.
>>
>>9043648

I was kind of wondering about drinks. Maybe they put it in tea or something.
>>
>>9043637
Oh no durian artificial flavour is quite gross and a sub par ingredient for cooking. If you dont like durian to begin with then expect disappointment because its like lemon rind which is mainly used for a flavour kick.
>>
>>9043662

I was wondering if artificial would be less gross or grosser than the natural stuff. Well, I really just want to experience the stuff that can make Andrew Zimmern gag, but I need to decide what to make with it.
>>
The Food Ranger likes them: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ek5caRiJcww
>>
>>9043686

It's apparently a love it or hate it fruit. So far I just know that it smells like onions and dead skunk. If nobody has any suggestions I'm leaning towards making ice cream. I'll just do a vanilla recipe and add some of the durian flavor.
>>
File: milkshake.jpg (262KB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
milkshake.jpg
262KB, 4160x2340px
It's getting late and I didn't really feel like making gelato, so I said fuck it, I'll just make a milkshake. Milk, ice cream, durian flavoring. Let's see if I can finish this.
>>
Well, I didn't gag that much. It tasted kind of like if someone mixed rotten onion juice in with a milkshake. I've got a pretty bad aftertaste in my mouth. Not as gross as fried pig intestines, but pretty gross. Now I'll just have to wait for the day when I can try the real fruit.
>>
>>9043637
I'm going to suggest artificial durian is probably to throw out. Tropical fruits are as floral as they are flavorful.

I've had durian and it's a poor version of like a cherimoya, which in itself, is entirely skippable. You know what is fun and cool to get from asian markets? pandan
>>
>>9043975

Yeah, I'll be throwing it out. I was just curious about the general taste since a lot of people seem to have difficulty describing the taste. I don't have a lot of difficulty, it tastes like a nasty onion with some sharp/sour notes in it. I might try the real thing some day, but I'm not in any hurry. I'll keep an eye out for pandan, definitely.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.