[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Italian Protips thread? - Try mint in an Eggplant sauce - Add

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: tony_soprano_sopranos.jpg (12KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
tony_soprano_sopranos.jpg
12KB, 400x300px
Italian Protips thread?

- Try mint in an Eggplant sauce
- Add acidity to your sauce. A splash of balsamic provides excellent contrast with the sweetness.
>>
Are you an actual Italian? I only ask this because I know that eggplant sauce in Sicily is sometimes listed as including mint but as a terrone-American I think that sounds nasty
>>
>>9041278
Yes. Well only like 1/8th or something
>>
>>9041285
So no.
>>
I like-a to add-a the cream-a when cooking of the Spaghetti Carbonara
>>
File: marco_pierre_white.jpg (56KB, 580x326px) Image search: [Google]
marco_pierre_white.jpg
56KB, 580x326px
>>9041311
You don't have to be a 100% of ethnic origin in order to cook the food.
>>
>>9041328
You need to know how to cook the food to cook it, your tip on marinara sucks and I can't think of any Italian that would put balsamic in a marinara.

t.actual Italian
>>
>>9041328
That wasn't the question though, he asked if you were actually Italian.
>>
File: bane_thread.png (65KB, 606x321px) Image search: [Google]
bane_thread.png
65KB, 606x321px
>>9041333
I answered. What the fuck is this, the cia?
>>
when-a you a making the-a pasta
whatever you-a do-a just-a dont-a forget about it
>>
>>9041273
Don't ever share your recipes with anyone but close family and friends who actually want to make whatever dish the way you make it...

Why?

Because that isn't how it's done back home, even if it is, and somebody's Nonna's is soooooo much better/more authentic, and authenticity is more important to flavour than oil, salt or sugar could ever hope to be.

Strong Lamiaceae (mint, rosemary, sage, greek/turk oregano, thai basil) work very well with roasted eggplant of most varieties - to the point where a little salt and oil is really all it needs.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.