[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QUESTION straight up guys. I'm going to grill some corn.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: corn.jpg (53KB, 617x416px) Image search: [Google]
corn.jpg
53KB, 617x416px
QUESTION straight up guys. I'm going to grill some corn. Do I shuck it first or after grilling?

Also what is proper prep? Water soak?
>>
before, raw corn makes the strands easier to remove so they don't get caught in your teeth.

No prep, just plop them bitches on the grill and salt well before putting butter on it
>>
>>9035741
Word, thanks.
>>
Go grill the fuck out of them cobs son
>>
>>9035741
This Anon is trolling. It's easier to remove the silk after it's been cooked. If you try doing it before, it sticks to the corn a lot more.

Also putting salt on the corn before the butter is just going to make all the salt fall off, you need something to make it stick.
>>
>>9035695
Peel back the skin, remove the silk, fold the skin back over. There you go - truth.
>>
>>9035695
Some Alton Brown level douches will milk soak. That's too much work for little improvement.

My method: shuck, wrap in foil with butter, salt, and tons of pepper. Throw on top rack (if you have multi-level, if not put over low coals) and leave there for hours.

Shucking after cooking is easier, but the kernels don't get that buttery, peppery goodness of the shuck/foil method.
>>
File: Scooting.jpg (58KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
Scooting.jpg
58KB, 720x960px
Thanks everyone. I'm using the shuck foil method. I don't have a top rack, so I'm going high heat with rapid rotation. I hope it works and works fast because everything else is nearly done.
>>
>>9035903
Corn has a lot of starch. Needs ample cooking time to not taste raw. Remove food and spread coals (or turn to lowish). Put corn on. Serve the food. Bring corn in after everyone ate main dish. Only option other than raw tasting corn.
>>
Why is it called corn on the cob?

It is naturally on the cob so it should just be called corn. If you remove it from the cob it should be known as corn off the cob.
>>
>>9035949
joke stealer
>>
>>9035949
What about when I poop it? Shouldn't it be called corn in the toilet?
>>
>>9035695
Tear off the silk sticking out of the top, peel just a little, soak in water for 5-10 minutes, reseal the peel, grill until the peel is entirely blackened and beginning to fall off like bits of burnt paper.
>>
>>9035999
It's usually just the husk in the toilet.
Corn husk in the loo is therefore acceptable.
>>
>>9035999
>>9036012

No matter how much you chew it it always comes out whole on the other side.
>>
>>9035695
you can do it either way.
I usually just boil it for 5 minutes then take it out. & cover with butter salt & pepper & then throw on a hot grill for a few minutes to get grill marks & browning on each side.

I've also cooked it slow and low in the husk. I think Both were good.
>>
>>9035695
I'd peel it all. Soak in coconut milk + salt, brush of butter
>>
Skin folded back
Silk removed
Skin folded on
Soak
Shuck
Wrap in foil with spices/butter
Grill
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.