[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i've been trying to make french toast this week but every

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0069.jpg (269KB, 2000x1125px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0069.jpg
269KB, 2000x1125px
i've been trying to make french toast this week but every time i attempt it just doesn't taste as good. last time i fucked up and got the bread too soggy and this time i had to ask my brother for help and even then it was subpar at best

any good recipes for making good french toast? tips welcome too
>>
I assume you are using good bread and not some wonderbread shit right OP? You want some thick cut bread, preferably brioche.

Make your custard and set out your bread to dry the night before. In the morning don't just dip the bread in the custard but let it soak for 30 seconds or so and then put it on a wire rack to drip.

Custard is 1/4 cup of milk 4 eggs and half a teaspoon of vanilla extract. cinnamon optional.
>>
>>9034943
Stop using Wonder bread. Use baguette slices. Thank me later.
>>
>>9035017
Imo Mr. Cinnamon is not optional, and best when accompanied by his associates Mr. Clove and Mr. Ginger.
>>
Hey guys. Not OP here.

I've Always made french toast with wonderbread, because I grow Up that way I guess.

But whats the point of using good bread? I mean, french toast exist because they wanted to still use the stale bread. Dont use your good bread on that
>>
>>9035070
It gives the toast a texture wonder bread can never achieve.
>>
>>9034943
Check this out OP. It could be the answer your looking for.
>https://youtu.be/1zyJT-PiqUA
>>
File: wonder_bread_ingredients-1.jpg (113KB, 800x633px) Image search: [Google]
wonder_bread_ingredients-1.jpg
113KB, 800x633px
>>9035070
Because French toast tastes better when made with bread instead of flour, corn syrup and chemicals.
>>
>>9035100
Can you give me more detail? A classic "muh processed food" wont do nothing
>>
>>9035103
If I wanted to eat azodicarbonamide I would simply chew on my carpet underlay.
>>
>>9035100
ngl kinda surprised wonder bread has yeast in it
>>
>>9035017
you mean like let the bread out of the bag and in the open for a night to dry?
>>
>>9035135
Not him but yes, the point is to let it get a little stale.
>>
>>9035100
>chemicals

I can't believe they would dare put calcium in my bread!
>>
Regardless of whether or not the ingredients of Wonder Bread type breads is healthy or not, the stuff is still doughy, soft, and tasteless. Try this experiment at home: take a slice of Wonder Bread and smash it up in your hands. It will almost go back into being dough. Try it with a nice bread from a local bakery and it will retain some of its texture. For good French toast you want good, chewy bread that has a nice crust and some taste to it.
>>
File: TT.jpg (44KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
TT.jpg
44KB, 450x450px
>>9034943
Get some "Texas toast" style bread, it's thicker cut
Get decent eggs
Use real vanilla extract and cinnamon, or orange extract and clove.
Play with the heat until you get it right, too low always leaves mine too soggy and too high crisps the outside but leaves the inside too eggy and moist.
>>
>>9035110
kek. No shit. Levened bread is flour, salt, water and yeast. That's fucking it. That other stuff wrapped in plastic is "something," but it is not bread.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.