[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why can't I do a French style omelette properly. I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: Omelette.jpg (95KB, 580x730px) Image search: [Google]
Omelette.jpg
95KB, 580x730px
Why can't I do a French style omelette properly. I've tried low heat to prevent browning but by the time the top is cooked the bottom is firm. Med-high heat like this attempt yields a good tenderness and perfectly gooey top/inside but leads to brown spots which aren't aesthetically pleasing and also make the omelette firm at those points. I enjoyed eating this but I was to get that perfectly pale, yellow and smooth texture.
>>
>>9034941
Try flipping it dummy
>>
>>9034941
Remove from heat to let it carryover, use more butter
>>
>>9034978
A french omelette isn't flipped. The top remains gooey and you roll it into a cigar shape so you get layers of set and gooey egg with each bite.
>>
>>9034941
Alton Brown reveals the secret in Good Eats S7E3 Egg Files VI: French Flop. Before cracking the eggs, soak them in hot tap water for 5 minutes to warm them up / shorten the cook time. Europeans don't refrigerate their eggs.
>>
>>9034941
keep the egg moving fampai
>>
you might need to use better quality eggs to get the colour you desire
>>
>>9034941
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s10etP1p2bU
>>
youre supposed to use high heat and you dont let it fully solidify - if it looks done in the pan itll be overdone on the plate also use chopsticks or a fork to stir the omelette while it cooks to keep small curds
>>
>>9035463
This. We don't keep eggs in the fridge here in Aus either so I've never had this problem.
>>
>>9035898

THis man is correct.

You just keep it ducking moving and do it ducking fast. Once it's in the pan if it takes more than 20 seconds to finish you're doing it wrong
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.