[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ok boys, what are some really basic meals to learn for someone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: paully b.jpg (19KB, 236x354px) Image search: [Google]
paully b.jpg
19KB, 236x354px
Ok boys, what are some really basic meals to learn for someone that has basically never cooked before?
>>
Eggs, pasta, and cookies.
>>
The omelet.

Nonstick frying pan. Butter. Two to four eggs. Put pan on stove. Turn on heat to a low setting. Melt a bit of butter in the pan. Crack the eggs into a bowl. Beat the eggs. Optionally add a little cream or milk. Beat some more. Pour egg glop into pan. Let cook for a minute or two until mostly set, then flip omelet over using a spatula.

If it breaks when you try to turn it over, it's scrambled eggs. No big deal.

Optional: add various other stuff such as diced peppers, ham, mushrooms, tomatoes, ground beef, sausage, onions, green onions, whatever. You may need to pre-cook some of it in the pan. Or not. Depends on what you want. For the meats, definitely fry them a little first so that they are fully cooked.
>>
>>9034811
Cookies. It's one of the few cooking things that all cooks have to follow the recipe to the letter, and the work/payoff ratio is pretty huge.
>>
File: pepe gets owned.gif (1MB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
pepe gets owned.gif
1MB, 300x300px
>>9034811
Take razor the right way to cut your wrists is down the road not across the street.
>>
>>9034811
Rice is a good ond because it's an exercise in following directions and doing basic stuff like boiling water and keeping temperatures under control. That and it's a base for many other recipes you can attempt later.
>>
>>9034972
Indeed, here is my standard recipe for questions like OP's:

http://www.grouprecipes.com/73215/arroz-de-tomate-e-feijao---rice-with-tomato-and-beans.html

I use just a half a cup of rice though, and correspondigly less water. Plus I add some thinly sliced pork belly.
>>
File: cheap easy food - mindmap.jpg (686KB, 1200x1697px) Image search: [Google]
cheap easy food - mindmap.jpg
686KB, 1200x1697px
>>9035080
oh and pic related.

Also, watch some youtube videos. Laura Vitale's channel is one of my favourites.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGr1s5qSNmI
>>
>>9035080
That works, but I was more refering to just making plain white rice. I was assuming OP is one of those people who says they can't even boil water though.
>>
>>9035125
Not that bad, just basic recipes for someone that doesn't have much experience cooking or ideas on what to make
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.